What's new

Afghanistan begins to export products directly to India for the first time

Continue to assuming things, I insist. Eventually, you'll realize that such assumptions are not based on fact.

I don't have to admit to anything, as nothing noteworthy has actually occurred. With the way that Iran is being targeted by the international community, India will probably be hard pressed to continue doing business with Iran without facing some sort of consequence.

With the bold part in mind what are your thoughts on the below given link??

Pak-Iran gas pipeline to be completed by 2014

Are you saying the today Pakistan is in much better state than India as to ward off US pressure??

Not to mention that it'll still cost you a **** ton more than the direct access through Pakistan.

Not true if you stop ignoring the risks involved...If all remains well no doubt direct access is going to be cheapest...however direct access is very volatile and thus overall cost(which will include risk mitigation) might make this direct route less favorable than the chabbar route, no??

You also have this foolish notion that India and Afghanistan will no longer have to rely on Pakistan, but that's clearly false. The port has yet to develop completely, and it will take decades for India and Afghanistan to stop their reliance on Pakistan for trade, that's assuming India isn't pressured into stopping it's business with Iran, or that Afghan gov actually survives that long.
There is no need to bypass Pakistan at all...This port just reduces the leverage that Pakistan has over AF...In short now there is an alternative present which is a very good move. Now of-course this port is not going to become hot spot just from day 1...however it has the potential to be one and i am sure even you can't deny that...

Besides, why should Pakistan give complete access to India without some restrictions in place? You have given me no reason to believe that India wouldn't exploit such access against Pakistan and China.
Well i believe it is the economics that will decide what leverage Pak will give...If Pak finds it at a loosing streak by restricting the trade then economic sanity will force her otherwise status quo will be maintained...

You guys have to realize that world will look at this development positively because Iran is helping Afghanistan in a positive manner. Iran is trying to win friends in this region and will try to get out of their isolation because it is effecting their economy.

Also it is in Pakistani interest to give unhindered access to India because our energy needs are growing by the day and amount of trade that will pass through your country will make you prosperous too. Why would we exploit you if it is benefiting both our countries??

Even China will realize in due time their strategic interests do not have tangible benefits because of security situation in your country.

Well, this is annoying, I wrote an entire article and my laptop decided that it wanted to experience what death was like.

I'd reply to you again, but I really feel annoyed right now, so give me a few days to get back to you.

With the bold part in mind what are your thoughts on the below given link??

Pak-Iran gas pipeline to be completed by 2014

Are you saying the today Pakistan is in much better state than India as to ward off US pressure??

Not true if you stop ignoring the risks involved...If all remains well no doubt direct access is going to be cheapest...however direct access is very volatile and thus overall cost(which will include risk mitigation) might make this direct route less favorable than the chabbar route, no??

There is no need to bypass Pakistan at all...This port just reduces the leverage that Pakistan has over AF...In short now there is an alternative present which is a very good move. Now of-course this port is not going to become hot spot just from day 1...however it has the potential to be one and i am sure even you can't deny that...

Well i believe it is the economics that will decide what leverage Pak will give...If Pak finds it at a loosing streak by restricting the trade then economic sanity will force her otherwise status quo will be maintained...

ditto.......

This news is a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Only things that come to Pakistan from Afghanistan are drugs,arms and terrorists. It will allow us to curb them better.

How?????
Do you think that "drugs, arms and terrorists" come in sealed containers, accompanied by manifests and customs documents, driven through a barrier, on a highway?
They come with those guys called Taliban (good , bad and ugly) who cross the borders at will, because nobody stops them.
If you can't do it now; what are the prospects of doing so in the future? Can anybody say for sure?

India can enjoy until 2014. After that ISI is ready to take over Afghanistan and bring China along side it for real economic activity :rolleyes:

India can enjoy until 2014. After that ISI is ready to take over Afghanistan and bring China along side it for real economic activity :rolleyes:

For starters; let ISI take over its own country, Pakistan. IE let it control, manage things within its own land. Did you read the "Abbottabad Report"?
After that ISI can think of cooking up some other "khayali Pulaos"!!

As for the Chinese; they have no taste for "khayali Pulaos" in Pakistan. They will stick to their Roast Ducks and Noodles.

Good luck to you and ISI....however one request...don't bring the same kind of economic activity that you brought there when Taliban was in-charge...

How?????
Do you think that "drugs, arms and terrorists" come in sealed containers, accompanied by manifests and customs documents, driven through a barrier, on a highway?
They come with those guys called Taliban (good , bad and ugly) who cross the borders at will, because nobody stops them.
If you can't do it now; what are the prospects of doing so in the future? Can anybody say for sure?

Which part of this post am i supposed to answer?

India should have more people to people contact with Afghanistan. Afghanistan-India trade is good, no reason why these two countries shouldn't trade more.

Hey Einstein do we have to pay it back yes or no? dont swim around?

You tell me.. Last I checked, we were doing a major port development in partnership with Iran and there was a talk of defense cooperation :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...lcomes-defense-cooperation-iran-minister.html

L O L what did u think Iranians are stupid they going to take their bat and go home off course not.

Last i checked Iranian are also looking into Chinese investment in that port uh oh what what :yahoo:

Hey Einstein do we have to pay it back yes or no? dont swim around?

In today's environment any loan @ 3% interest rate (specially when pakistan's credit rating is of junk grade with govt bonds' yeild of 11.5% ) is a bail out.. even if you have to pay it back. Learn a little bit about economics before throwing up such naive arguments. Do you understand the concept of Cost of Capital?

Last i checked Iranian are also looking into Chinese investment in that port uh oh what what :yahoo:
And how does that change India's usage of Chah bahar..?

Before doing :yahoo: think about why the Chinese are closely looking at Chah Bahar?

You think about it! :P
Because the Chinese are hedging their bets on Gwadar. Remember that the Chinese (like the Indians) are investing in Afghanistan. They have to ship their 'mineral produce' out of someplace.
Given the problems around Gwadar; if Gwadar does not take off?
Even the Chinese (like the Afghans) are looking to open their options. I have already explained that earlier in post(s) in this thread.
Why did PSA leave?
They made the port in Gwadar; but nothing worthwhile moved through that port.
Why did that happen?
Because there was no end to the unstable security situation around Gwadar.
Ergo, PSA quit.

Moral of the story: Business goes where the conditions are conducive; esp wrt Security.
That is where Chah Bahar scores now. That is why the Chinese are also looking at Chah Bahar. There will be other potential users looking at Chah Bahar going forward. Even the EU and USA....

Dude, what's off topic in my post ?

Your posts about Abbottabad incident plus you asking me if Churi is an Urdu word or French word, they are related very much to the topic, rite?:lol:

You are simply making statements without any backups and just want to claim that you have ...

I provide source where ever required you can check out.

And about direct trade, well, you need to realize that both India and Pakistan directly trade with USA without being its immediate neighbor.. Dont we ? ;)

Yes because they have access to international waters, they are not trading via third country. Afghanistan cannot directly trade with india because it is landlocked country with no access to any open international waters.

Your posts about Abbottabad incident plus you asking me if Churi is an Urdu word or French word, they are related very much to the topic, rite?:lol:

C'mon dude.. You brought the context of Churi in your lame attempt at a Hindi proverb (as you say in Urdu ;)).. And yes the Abbotabad incident goes to show that empty statements have no significance.. Just like the statements you mentioned that Pakistan has made regarding not allowing its soil to be used against Iran (as if you would have a choice if USA so decides)

I provide source where ever required you can check out.
Do point out...

Yes because they have access to international waters, they are not trading via third country. Afghanistan cannot directly trade with india because it is landlocked country with no access to any open international waters.
To get access to international waters, Afg does not need to involve Iran as a 3rd party in trade with India. It simply needs to buy transit rights. Or if India agrees to take delivery of goods at the Iranian border, not even that.. That's how intl trade works ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom