What's new

Afghan troops kill 100 Taliban during 5-day battle in Helmand

I dont know what you are referring to as a Pakistani POV since i never gave any but only asked to refrain from derailing the thread.:rolleyes:

I asked for another source which he gave it to me and thats about it, neither i disputed the claim nor challenged it, it was only you who insists otherwise. And this is trolling.
Well, you did say that the claim is exaggerated, to which i simply showed a bigger claim which was not called as exaggerated. . I dont know how that became trolling. Anyway, now that you are satisfied with the initial claim, lets end it here

Fresh picture of Commandos on the battlefield in Helmand.
10456017_10152327391978411_654941249037490368_n.jpg

Afghanistan Army is much better trained than Iraqi Army......Who trained them?
We did!! :enjoy:

New Delhi will ramp up training and allow more cadets and officers from Kabul to come here. Around 150 Afghan army officers are annually trained in the National Defence Academy, Pune, The Indian Military Academy at Dehradun and the Officers Training Academy at Chennai.

Also batches of serving Afghan officers are trained in Signals (electronic communications), counter-insurgency, jungle warfare, field engineering and management of military stores.

The aim is to train 30,000 Afghan Army troops at various establishments in the next couple of years.

Last edited:
We did!! :enjoy:

New Delhi will ramp up training and allow more cadets and officers from Kabul to come here. Around 150 Afghan army officers are annually trained in the National Defence Academy, Pune, The Indian Military Academy at Dehradun and the Officers Training Academy at Chennai.

Also batches of serving Afghan officers are trained in Signals (electronic communications), counter-insurgency, jungle warfare, field engineering and management of military stores.

The aim is to train 30,000 Afghan Army troops at various establishments in the next couple of years.

I knew it, But wanted to hear it from some one in PDF....So far everyone is saying it is US....:D:tup:

Reports says that Taliban has been defeated in Musa Qala, Kajaki and Nawzad districts, although fightings continue in Sangin district.

Rehen dei Malang Khanaa you can't do two push ups without collapsing aur fight key baat kartaa haiii - Even Afghan women can fight better than you so exclude yourself from the 'each of us know how to fight' ! :disagree:

Only real Afghans know how to fight - You're a softie who couldn't even stop me as I walked over to you & then walked away with the beautiful lady you were courting ! :bunny:
I think he's been hacked....:police:

Thats true, but only in some areas.

But again our police have Humvees, Ak-47 and RPG not an ordinary police force ;)

Well for the matter of holding ground, then we can only hope that no French training was included :D

The now famous French Battle Cry : "La Garde Recule" is only to be heard in Iraq then?

ANA has the courage and will of steel.

It is remarkable that despite so many odds thrown at them, they continue to fight valiantly and see a bright future for their children.

My respect to Afghan army men. Despite limited resources and a menacing Taliban-supporting nuclear armed neighbour, they are undeterred despite being far away from being a military power.

They definitely deserve a better chance to develop and come forth as a progressive, modern nation after years of war.

Many brave soldiers have died, leaving away their families, giving their today for Afghans' tomorrow.

@Afghan-India, @Sher Malang, guys, never forget the sacrifice of your soldiers. Let this be the source of your nationalism and your new identity.

Your road to prosperity is built by the blood of your soldiers fighting for your country.

May the heroes find eternal peace in the hereafter, for serving their countrymen.

And let the Taliban rot in hell.

Both Pakistan & Afghan armies literally pull out numbers from their behind when it comes to reporting Taliban casualties.

In reality actual Taliban casualties most of the time range between 10%-20% of the number of casualties claimed by pak and Afghans.

NATO/US, the situation in Iraq is totally different from Afghanistan. Iraqi armed forces needed a will to fight/resist the rebels which they lacked but in case of Afghans at least two generations of us is born in war and each of us knows how to fight.

With the minimum equipments ANSF have, they are doing extraordinary mashAllah.
Sir i partially disagree here. The main Difference between afghan army and Iraqi armed forces is not training.
Its the secterian dimention.
ANA is a Force that is motivated by Both Nationalistic and Religious Aspects and there are no distractions of Secterianism and Ethnicity here. much similar Pakistan Army. Enemies of ANA cannot gather local support on ethnic and Religious basis as both ANA and Taliban are similar in these aspects.
And it is this morale that keeps them fighting not perticularly extra training or experiance. Syrians are way ahead of ANA in terms of training Equipment and Experience but fail to capitalize on it.
Iraqi forces face a complex ethnic and secterian divide through out the country. Consider it similar to east Pakistan dillema.
BTW goodluck ANA. I wish some day Pakistan Armed forces train ANA and conduct an joint operation against Taliban in border areas

One trained by the US, the other by NATO - big difference

Not any difference in training. The difference is will men in ANA run away and in worst case scenario join Taliban like ISIS have done in Iraq? I think they will continue to fight Taliban even after USA leaves.

Both Pakistan & Afghan armies literally pull out numbers from their behind when it comes to reporting Taliban casualties.

In reality actual Taliban casualties most of the time range between 10%-20% of the number of casualties claimed by pak and Afghans.

No idea about Afghanistan but watch your dirty mouth before accusing PA to make up numbers. Do you think these TTP retards are running away just because? ¡PA/PAF have killed hundreds of them in couple of weeks.

Not any difference in training. The difference is will men in ANA run away and in worst case scenario join Taliban like ISIS have done in Iraq? I think they will continue to fight Taliban even after USA leaves

Indeed, as some of us discussed earlier its the cause for fighting, which is the most important factor.

Back
Top Bottom