What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of the FC-1 / JF-17 for BAF

FuFhskG.jpg
zflgxBl.jpg

FCXpV.jpg
15380628_582509505287212_8376985382185564047_n-jpg.365161

12304007_1697437563845064_757999813087383896_o-jpg.279083

I wish someone could confirm about our Mig29 upgration program since there are no such news yet. And since we got everyting ready to support more Migs.... I am not sure if we gonna see the SUs, atleast now.
We already upgraded them to SE variant. SMT will only offer additional fly by wire and I dont think anybody will care too much about installing fly by wire in a 40 year old plane.

Besides, Mig 29 does not require fly by wire to stabilize and not mandatory unlike flanker.

Great show... I bet any airforce will enjoy them.

@Nilgiri MKI is one hell of a birdie but the most possible variant of MKI we can get is the Malaysian MKM or anything that ensures Israeli avoinics removed.

There is no way BD will get Flankers, whatever variant. It's way too much airplane for them. SMT at BEST.

Bangladesh's GDP is ~230-250 billion USD.We can operate a squadron or two of Eurofighter Typhoons with our airforce budget,but we are looking for more than just that amount of birdies so we would go for more cheaper and effective Russian/Chinese systems.
But you're right about SMTs.As far as I know,the Gov't would complete the 8th Squadron Victory Valor Vigilance ( which operates the original 6 MiG-29SEs and 2 MiG-29 UBs ) and would upgrade the ageing MiG-29 SEs to SMT standard.

Kira.

@Nilgiri MKI is one hell of a birdie but the most possible variant of MKI we can get is the Malaysian MKM or anything that ensures Israeli avoinics removed.

Bangladesh's GDP is ~230-250 billion USD.We can operate a squadron or two of Eurofighter Typhoons with our airforce budget,but we are looking for more than just that amount of birdies so we would go for more cheaper and effective Russian/Chinese systems.
But you're right about SMTs.As far as I know,the Gov't would complete the 8th Squadron Victory Valor Vigilance ( which operates the original 6 MiG-29SEs and 2 MiG-29 UBs ) and would upgrade the ageing MiG-29 SEs to SMT standard.

Kira.

Man, you have been quoting and tagging the known trolls in each thread, why do you want to see these threads get hijacked? :rolleyes:

I wonder what the future long term plans of BAF is?

Buying Su-30, Mig-29/35, J-10 is great. However, you cant replace the J-7 variants one a one to one basis with those platforms.

This leads me to think perhaps the future is 2 platforms. Sort of the classic hi-low mix.

If it is indeed Flankers or Fulcrums in the "high", long term what will be the "low" after the J-7s?

Buying Su-30, Mig-29/35, J-10 is great. However, you cant replace the J-7 variants one a one to one basis with those platforms.

This leads me to think perhaps the future is 2 platforms. Sort of the classic hi-low mix.

If it is indeed Flankers or Fulcrums in the "high", long term what will be the "low" after the J-7s?

In the long term, the F-7s will also be replaced by the 4++ generation fighters.

Thats something that can be done as the Malaysian version shows. It can be MKB - B for Bangladesh..

Or even cheaper if you are just buying 8 is to buy 8 airframes from Russia of generic Su-30 or some sort of flanker and then upgrade weapon systems as you see fit.

Russia will already have the MRO schedule and procedures for such so it will be simple two person arrangement.

Thats something that can be done as the Malaysian version shows. It can be MKB - B for Bangladesh..

Or even cheaper if you are just buying 8 is to buy 8 airframes from Russia of generic Su-30 or some sort of flanker and then upgrade weapon systems as you see fit.

Russia will already have the MRO schedule and procedures for such so it will be simple two person arrangement.

Well,we are just going for 8 this year,which is probably gonna be MiG-29 SMTs.Would go for a few more squadrons in the long term,and a long range deep-penetration heavy multi-role combat aircraft with dedicated maritime strike capability as well as an very effective all around air superiority fighter is needed.According to the MoD,they'll puchase the birds with a ratio of 2:3 multi role to air superiority jets.The best in this case would be MKI as the air superiority jet and MKK/MK2 as the multi-role jet.But our budget would limit us to have upgraded MiG-35s as air superiorty jets.
Anyways,who knows what will happen?

Well,we are just going for 8 this year,which is probably gonna be MiG-29 SMTs.Would go for a few more squadrons in the long term,and a long range deep-penetration heavy multi-role combat aircraft with dedicated maritime strike capability as well as an very effective all around air superiority fighter is needed.According to the MoD,they'll puchase the birds with a ratio of 2:3 multi role to air superiority jets.The best in this case would be MKI as the air superiority jet and MKK/MK2 as the multi-role jet.But our budget would limit us to have upgraded MiG-35s as air superiorty jets.

Where are you going to buy SMT from?
SMT is a upgrade from older Migs equivalent to new Mig-29M with fly by wire.
Russians dont have any Mig production line running right now except Mig-29K. They already sold most of the older left over Mig junks for throw away price to countries like MM.

Some of our F-7 still have quite a few flying hour left. We just bought a squadron last year. So you will see us flying F-7 for at least up to 2030. In the meantime Bangladesh not going to buy anymore F-7 but will induct more fighter from 4++ generation onward. We have some blank spaces to fill in our inventory. So its not the question of replacing but filling the blanks.

Where are you going to buy SMT from?
SMT is a upgrade from older Migs equivalent to new Mig-29M with fly by wire.
Russians dont have any Mig production line running right now except Mig-29K. They already sold most of the older left over Mig junks for throw away price to countries like MM.

Probably second hand from countries like Belarus with tired old airframes. That's about your level.

Probably second hand from countries like Belarus with tired old airframes. That's about your level.

Myanmar bought 20 MiG-29s from Belarus :D
Thats about Myanmar's level.

We quit purchasing second hand stuff for our armed forces.We even bought the Minerva Class Corvettes for our Coast Guard rather than Navy because they were second-hand.

Well I will wait and see what happens I guess.

Myanmar bought 20 MiG-29s from Belarus :D
Thats about Myanmar's level.

We quit purchasing second hand stuff for our armed forces.We even bought the Minerva Class Corvettes for our Coast Guard rather than Navy because they were second-hand.
Wrong way round, champ. We bought 12 from Belarus in 2001 and 20 from Rosbonexport along with Mil-35's in 2009/10.

Back
Top Bottom