What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of the FC-1 / JF-17 for BAF

Those 8 fighter planes we are going to buy is definately going to be russian. We bought the yak from russia for a reason. Plus our migs only form half a squadron and are almost 20 years old. Its time they get supplemented by new twin engined birds.

If we wanted jf17 we would have bought them instead of f7s.

Unless we could turn her military against her? Pretty sure her generals don't like her that much, she's tried clipping their wings on several occasions

That would be a friggin master stroke
Military has to be subserviante. Intelligence and deep states should and usually get the last word.

Those 8 fighter planes we are going to buy is definately going to be russian. We bought the yak from russia for a reason. Plus our migs only form half a squadron and are almost 20 years old. Its time they get supplemented by new twin engined birds.

Bongo should go for twin engines. Atleast give yourselves a chance at sea. Upgrade your 29's to fire Kh-35's. For just 8 aircraft there's no point inducting another platform. I'll be very surprised if it's not a few more Fulcrums.

We have half squadron Migs because we were very unhappy with the Migs. It will be anything but Migs. My 20 dollar on this one.

Bongo should go for twin engines. Atleast give yourselves a chance at sea. Upgrade your 29's to fire Kh-35's. For just 8 aircraft there's no point inducting another platform. I'll be very surprised if it's not a few more Fulcrums.

We are ordering 8 this financial year does not mean we are not going to order more in the next financial year. Looking at the previous 4/5 years we are ordering every year.

We have half squadron Migs because we were very unhappy with the Migs. It will be anything but Migs. My 20 dollar on this one.

I dont know if its gonna be either mig or sukhoi, but it will be a russian twin engine fighter.

Most likely will be additional used Mig-29s. However, would be pleasantly surprised if it was J-10B/C, or Flanker variant.

Buying 8 initially does not preclude a larger number in the future with further incremental buys. Like Indonesia is doing with their Flankers.

I hope the 8 Mig-29s are retired soon.

Dude, India will never risk antagonizing Bangladesh by openly protest any arms purchase from anybody, not even with Russians. India has a lot of stake in Bangladesh. What they will try is just offer an alternative.
Bangladesh can buy J-10 if it wish to as India does not have any stake with Chinese unlike Russians where they successfully blocked Pakistan to buy advanced weapons.
World is not like what projecting and its very complex things

India trains some of ur officers including falcrum pilots. India doesn't give a damn because the only threat from BD are proxy actors or non state actors and those guys are threat to BD interests as well. Your assuming the Indian Army doesn't know the depth of BD. For God's sake BD is surrounded be India on all four sides. BDs conflict with Burma was dealt with India's support thanks to Aung Sun sue whom has been raised in India just like ur hassina.

When India train PAF pilots in Falcrum? This is new thing to me

@BATMAN All except F-35 were developed long ago before JF-17.And you say that JF-17 is the root of those birds? Joke of the decade!

Why do we need to Kh-35s? As if Myanmar has an actual strong navy?

Unless we could turn her military against her?

No longer possible.Our PM bows down to the military more than India.Also,the politicians are trying to keep them busy with UN Missions.And why would our generals even listen to terrorists in the first place? Our generals were the ones who fought against the Pakistani terrorists in 1971.They want the captured terrorists ( jamaati razakars ) to be hanged more than others.

Kira.

I don't believe this. Even after a decade you Bhangees are still discussing what to buy? I first came across this so called 'buying spree' of 4.5 gen fighters in the airforce in 2005 and till now nothing worth while has been bought.

Back
Top Bottom