What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of the FC-1 / JF-17 for BAF

China my not want to sell it's best 4th gen gen fighter to a country who is very friendly to India
World doesn't work like that. If Bangladesh agrees to give good price, china will sell j10s to BAF. It also depends if Bangladesh want in good numbers.
India lobby is strong in Bangladesh, so less chance of jf17 in Bangladesh colors.

Haha, just shows your stupidity. A forge produces base level components. That is not assembly by any definition.

Stick to your cheap 5 cent CPC propaganda topics for your own sake.

Sure. Does not take away the fact that HAL manufactures from scratch much of the MKI, not just assembly.

No one said anything about wholly producing. It was a correction for your dumb and false statement (or just bad CPC definition) that its a pure assembly job.

If BAF does choose the SU-30 MKX version for its 8 aircraft, various parts for it will definitely come from HAL Nashik given thats where this line of fighters airframes production, engine parts is located for the region and the irkustk line has closed down after the malaysian order was completed...and BD will have to pay well beyond its means to get it started again.

Only India currently overhauls the SU-30 MKI series and derivatives (like MKM) as a result as well.

Dude you talk too much bullcrap. Why on earth BD will source any of the component from India? Does Russian air force source them or send their aircraft to overhaul in India? As long as Russians are flying SU-30s or any flanker variant, BD airforce has nothing to worry about. No matter how hard Indians try, there is no room for Indian to work when it comes to defense in BD.

We have good security co-operation with Indian establishment and you should focus more on how it should be improved so that drug dealers and robbers dont find a safe heaven in each others territory.

BD very own "Baghdad Bob" :D

We-have-them.jpg

Maybe we can call him Dhaka Danny :P
lol this guy is so funny Dhaka Danny would be a blessing for him.. :D

Does Russian air force source them or send their aircraft to overhaul in India?

Russia doesn't operate MKI. If you want Russian Su-30 variant, that is another discussion. The person I was responding to was specifically talking about MKI and any of its variants (along the lines of MKM) being offered to BAF. If BAF doesn't go for MKI derivatives, it doesnt even enter in the discussion.

BTW Su-30 itself is operated in very limited numbers by Russia...and the fact stands that the Irkutsk line is closed. But you could probably buy them from Russian flanker reserves.

Don't need to get your lungi in a twist over nothing.

Russia doesn't operate MKI. If you want Russian Su-30 variant, that is another discussion. The person I was responding to was specifically talking about MKI and any of its variants (along the lines of MKM) being offered to BAF. If BAF doesn't go for MKI derivatives, it doesnt even enter in the discussion.

BTW Su-30 itself is operated in very limited numbers by Russia...and the fact stands that the Irkutsk line is closed. But you could probably buy them from Russian flanker reserves.

Don't need to get your lungi in a twist over nothing.

No Bangladesh is not looking for MKI. Thank you.

Tooling dies forges is assembly job. Aerodynamic design/FBW/ engine/ radar/ fire control/ weapon system are the core.

if you can wholly produce MKi, you shall attend BAF's bidding as well.

Apart from the Russian components, most other parts of MKI are western and Israeli systems including the avionics. There is nothing Indian of significance in this aircraft.

Apart from the Russian components, most other parts of MKI are western and Israeli systems including the avionics. There is nothing Indian of significance in this aircraft.

It does not mean they are better. They bought it modular, so that when Indian components available they would be able to replace them. Its just a convenient contract kept a room to lower the cost of the planes in the long run.

It does not mean they are better. They bought it modular, so that when Indian components available they would be able to replace them. Its just a convenient contract kept a room to lower the cost of the planes in the long run.

There are also reports of several aircraft crashes. Either something's wrong with the Indian assembly or with Indian pilots.

There are also reports of several aircraft crashes. Either something's wrong with the Indian assembly or with Indian pilots.

Looking at the Syrian campaign and their flying hours I must admit that Russian SU variants are very reliable even in harsh condition in battle field. None of the plane crashed after so many hours of flying. Far better record than American counterpart.

Looking at the Syrian campaign and their flying hours I must admit that Russian SU variants are very reliable even in harsh condition in battle field. None of the plane crashed after so many hours of flying. Far better record than American counterpart.

The SM variant, perhaps, BAF is looking for that one or something similar with some modifications.

The SM variant, perhaps, BAF is looking for that one or something similar with some modifications.
8 new (could be second hand) ones SM... variants and also suppossed to upgrade the existing 8 into SM... Otherwise what they gonna do with the half squadron! Also we have good experience and necessary setup with the servicing and maintenence of Migs. We most probably gonna see more of Migs on our sky.....

8 new (could be second hand) ones SM... variants and also suppossed to upgrade the existing 8 into SM... Otherwise what they gonna do with the half squadron! Also we have good experience and necessary setup with the servicing and maintenence of Migs. We most probably gonna see more of Migs on our sky.....

I was actually referring to Su-30SM which are operational in Syria by Russian AF.

I heard about the existing Migs being upgraded into SMT variant, I hope it's completed.

I was actually referring to Su-30SM which are operational in Syria by Russian AF.

I heard about the existing Migs being upgraded into SMT variant, I hope it's completed.
I wish someone could confirm about our Mig29 upgration program since there are no such news yet. And since we got everyting ready to support more Migs.... I am not sure if we gonna see the SUs, atleast now.

I wish someone could confirm about our Mig29 upgration program since there are no such news yet. And since we got everyting ready to support more Migs.... I am not sure if we gonna see the SUs, atleast now.

I am not sure which one's we are getting but even if BAF chooses the SUs, they must have something in plan with regards to the maintenance. They surely got their lessons from the previous experiences.

Back
Top Bottom