What's new

Activist Jibran Nasir urges govt to arrest admins of 'Pakistan Defence'

Status
Not open for further replies.
His side:

This how he was replied on FB page by Defence.pk

ہم نہ تو انتشار پھیلاتے ہیں اور نہ ہی ملک کی نمائندگی کرتے ہیں اگر جبران ناصر ایک واضح اور تفصیلی مکالمہ چاہتے ہیں تو ہم انہیں خوش آمدید کہیں گے

Also, personally I never heard of him but today, he is continuously accusing Pakistan Institution by putting the gun on shoulder of Defence.pk saying that this page is presenting such & such... etc.... However, seems like he is exaggerating/propagating the matter too much and redirecting the same towards other way. He himself is not sure either Bhensa page is represented by those 4 people or not and also the called page is involved in blasphemy etc so he can call for such against Orya Maqbool Jan as well that highlighted the page in TV show, shared in this thread. He is off the opinion that defence.pk is representing the institution hence all this fuss out of nothing.

Let the admin sort out the matter and lets wait for further truth.

We all know the answer to that question, but this is not the place to discuss it.

i think these people who are issuing fatwahs and endorsing abduction and killing of civil activists via pakistan defence, dont comprehend that soon this fire will burn their own houses too.. soon their own sons and daughters maybe abducted and killed for saying anything as ignorant mullah or cruel ruler may deem unfit. @Zaki for you as well.

i think these people who are issuing fatwahs and endorsing abduction and killing of civil activists via pakistan defence, dont comprehend that soon this fire will burn their own houses too.. soon their own sons and daughters maybe abducted and killed for saying anything as ignorant mullah or cruel ruler may deem unfit. @Zaki for you as well.

That is what you think. Those on the other side think they are doing the correct thing for their country and religion.

Last edited:
  1. 1 reply8 retweets7 likes

2. Marvi Sirmed ‏@marvisirmed 23h23 hours ago
    After shameless defence of illegal state abductions by defence analysts, defence.pk is spreading false propaganda against missing bloggers
Do u see blasphemy?

View attachment 367453

They are admins of these pages which post anti islam stuff and abuse RASOOL SAW. They were being monitored for quite some time. One of them is national of netherlands. So the moment all were in Pakistan they got picked up. That is why I am saying which ever agency has picked them up should just release the video of proof and photos of these people and other things and make them public so people will know about them. Jibran since he has been shown proof is quite on twitter.

At this point, you are falsely accusing us of things we have not done like Jibran Nasir. Our stance is simple. If these activists were involved in running blasphemous pages, supporting terrorists, then they are rightly picked up by the lawful authorities. They must be given the due trial.

There is not more or less to our stance. If these activists are picked up by non-state actors, then we condemn it. According to the info we have received that is not the case. It is high time we collectively support our law enforcement in curbing terrorist support, blasphemous content and content that goes against the state. And all laws should be followed with due trial.

There were no violent messages by our Facebook admins. We support authorities picking up such activists who are involved in running of extremist social media pages, we regularly report and take down such pages. We expect the authorities to give such activists a due trial.

First of All. Pakistan Defence Forum in all its forms never advocated any violence. The PDF admins and members majority of them always spoke against extremists/terrorists of all shades which is not spreading violence rather it is condemning extremism.

In case of the screen shot of a post which Nasir Jibran posted in his blog write up on ET, one wonders why he has ignored the half of the post? wherein the PDF handle also said that some elements are trying to give political color to this disappearance.

Members here at PDF supported Jibran Nasir despite his controversial image. If still he has no stomach for Tolerating Freedom of Expression of others i.e PDF and members then We are feeling sorry for wishing him protection.

He can for himself read the history threads just under this thread where he was being supported by many.

Secondly and equally important NOT all MISSING persons are or were picked up by law enforcement agencies in this country. Interestingly those NGOs who are running a project over missing persons one way or the other include all kinds of Missing persons in this category of "forced disappearance".

Thirdly Jibran Nasir should apologize for such a blatant threat he is hurling at PDF and against freedom of expression in the garb of his blog which he has posted or rather got published at Express Tribune. He should also thank us for speaking against threats to his safety in the past despite the fact that members here could also have faced same life risks just for asking for his (Jibran Nasir's) protection.

Mr. Jibran Nasir do you even know what kind of difficulties the admins/owner/s and some members of this forum had been facing since all these years from all quarters ??? just for their freedom of expression. YOU Don't know.

At this point, you are falsely accusing us of things we have not done like Jibran Nasir. Our stance is simple. If these activists were involved in running blasphemous pages, supporting terrorists, then they are rightly picked up by the lawful authorities. They must be given the due trial.

There is not more or less to our stance. If these activists are picked up by non-state actors, then we condemn it. According to the info we have received that is not the case. It is high time we collectively support our law enforcement in curbing terrorist support, blasphemous content and content that goes against the state. And all laws should be followed with due trial.
I fully agree. Agencies should make the reason and than crimes of these people public and there faces. Also reveal all the proof so people can know what henious crimes these people were doing.

Oh nahi I meant to say he is getting his frustration out by that article in tribune.

It seems he is under impression or believes that PDF has anything to do with Pakistan Army :lol:

It reminds me of that incident where an Indian newspaper wrote that a junior ranked officer at PDF ( our forum ranks), directly insulted a senior ranked officer of the rank of General :P dahhhhhhhhhhhhh the newspaper thought we members here are actual officers of the forces of Pakistan

Including motorway speeding tickets? :D

(Sorry, could not resist.)
deko baai Pakistan main siraap motorway speeding law log pollow kartay hain q k paaaeesa dena parta hay chalaan oo jayee to warna to aaam sarak pe to log signal ka b khayal nai rktay

Here is Dawn's editorial relevant to this thread:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1307432/missing-activists

Missing activists
EDITORIAL

THE sanitised language — ‘missing persons’, ‘the disappeared’, etc — cannot hide an ugly truth: the state of Pakistan continues to be suspected of involvement in the disappearance and illegal detentions of a range of private citizens.

Now, with the disappearance of Salman Haider and at least three other activists, a dark new chapter in the state’s murky, illegal war against civil society appears to have been opened.

It is simply not enough for government and police officials to claim that the disappearances are being investigated. Mr Haider and the other recently missing activists need to be returned to their families immediately — it is surely impossible that several individuals can simply vanish and the state lack the resources to track them down and have them released on an emergency basis.

The state, because it is the enforcer of the law, cannot be above the law.

If Mr Haider and the other recent additions to the long list of missing persons have something to answer for, if they need to be investigated, there are laws in place to do that — though it would be remarkably confounding if individuals who have built a public profile based on their human rights and democratic activism are to be investigated and charged with crime by the state.

The recent disappearances are also sure to contribute to a worsening climate of fear and intimidation in the country among activists working for a tolerant, progressive and inclusive Pakistan.

Where once missing persons belonged to the remote areas of the country, to Fata, Balochistan and far-flung parts of KP, and mostly involved those accused of waging war against the Pakistani state, the tactic has now clearly been broadened to encompass anyone who is deemed an irritant to state policy — or the policies of a state within the state.

Meanwhile, the vast infrastructure of jihad and the mosque-madressah-social welfare network of extremism continues to thrive.

That contrast, of peaceful citizens practising democratic dissent versus armed militias preaching hate and intolerance, is one that the state and society should encourage in favour of the former, and it is indeed official state policy enshrined in the National Action Plan.

But the on-ground reality appears to be the reverse, of a state lashing out against the ostensibly weak and cowering before the purportedly strong.

Why is that the case?

And why are so many in government and across the political spectrum silent in the face of state repression?

Published in Dawn, January 10th, 2017

The problem and the fire is which is burning our houses is Liberal Extremists Vs Religious extremists.

Just look at this topic itself. Mr. Jibran Nasir thinks he and his fellas have all the rights to freedom of expression no matter how extreme this expression is but they think others do not have same freedom of expression. Now please consider both these extremist groups accuse each other of extremism.

Only moderate people like us who are sandwiched between these two are at mercy of these both.

you are the one accusing falsely here, infact its your page that issued fatwa like post and rejoiced over abduction of these peaceful activists.

I dont know man where this country is heading..

he is moody and emotional chap. I better suggest that you yourself just give a disclaimer for the offence endorsement in simple and vague words. and check who posted it to avoid further trouble. @Zaki

as Jibran Nasir pointed out that the pakistan defence page is issuing fatwa as if its a religious authority. also check on with @Zaki as he hinted endorsing it.
What are you talking about my friend? I am not even active on PDF page of FB so I decided to remove my post here. I gave no hints or anything of that sort. The matter will rather be dealt by Horus and Side Winder who are usually responsible for managing PDF page on FB

What the hell. Just because some people expressed an opinion on PDF they want this site banned? There are many types of fanatics in the country. The activists are most likely kidnapped by banned organizations. What has PDF got to do with this vile act? Some people like this Gibran guy severely lack a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom