What's new

Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

Abu Dhabi

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I was contemplating simply adding pictures and clips of Abu Dhabi in the Dubai thread and ask one of the nice moderators to rename the thread, but then i got thinking that people will find it annoying and confusing to see Dubai in the first 9 to 10 pages. Anyway, I decided to create a new thread of my city, Abu Dhabi :)

The saying goes, Dubai for fun, Abu Dhabi for money, and Al Ain for bringing up a family. There is some truth to this saying but I disagree in regards to Abu Dhabi. It is a great city to make lots of $$ (high pay) and also bring up your family in a very safe and family-oriented city

Population (2018)3.2 million
GDP (2018)$414 Billion US

The Louvre, Abu Dhabi

US$525 million was paid by the city of Abu Dhabi for the use of the Louvre brand name, with US$195 million payable within a month. In addition to this, US$247 million will be paid for the loan of artworks from the Louvre over a ten-year period, with a total of between two hundred and three hundred artworks expected.

shutterstock_1006719445.jpg

shutterstock_1006719451.jpg

Last edited:
Been to all of these places - the Lourve was a little underwhelming in terms of the exhibits(probably because Ive been to the real one) but the true gem was the resort I stayed in close to the ADNOC refinery I went to consult for. Also saw some interesting AD there because of the proximity to Iran.

One has to understand that these fears aren’t completely unfounded since the warning and flight time for an Iranian attack is very small over the gulf and these installations still represent a large percentage of UAE national revenue and strategic value.

But along the desert with its well lit roads you do find these odd Sharm al Shiekh type tiny oasis - hidden away from the general tourist hellholes such as Dubai.

A resort next to the refinery was the highlight for you? xD what resort was this?

also, what did you think of the Louvre Abu Dhabi architecture? if you visited in summer don't answer lol

Fabulous. My son was in UAE few months ago and had great time hiring and driving expensive cars through the city. Frankly I am jealous. If Pakistan was Islam's citadel the almighty missed on giving it bounty. But it sure shower it on UAE.

I miss Abu Dhabi, haven't been there in 11 years since I moved from UAE. Getting sent there next month for a 2 month deployment. Looking forward to it. It is nuts that when I used to fly from RAK to Abu Dhabi, all that construction is now Yas Island !!!
Abu Dhabi F1 Marina Circuit

The odd-shaped building is actually a 5-star hotel. You can see race cars whizzing by below your feet while sipping your coffee and enjoying your afternoon :D @Gomig-21

ABU DHABI F1 2011 by yasmarinacircuit, on Flickr

Yas Marina F1 Circuit - Abu Dhabi (9) by Beno Saradzic, on Flickr

Yas Marina F1 Circuit - Abu Dhabi (7) by Beno Saradzic, on Flickr
Yas Island will be home for me for the next couple of months.

Cultural district - this area went through a huge renovation and addition project and i am very happy with the final outcome. It is a great place to visit and learn about the history in this part of the world. The renovated Qasr al hosn , added a whole new area next to it and also renovated the cultural center

- Qasr Al hosn - Built 1761
1612683247476.png

1612683270163.png

The Qasr al-Hosn is a historical landmark and the oldest stone building in the city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. It was built in 1761 as a conical watchtower to defend the only freshwater well in Abu Dhabi island. It remained the emir's palace (hence the name Qasr al-Hosn, meaning Palace fort) and seat of government until 1966.

Abu Dhabi continues to develop, Qasr Al Hosn, Abu Dhabi by Jim Hoffman, on Flickr

shutterstock_1859294182.jpg

shutterstock_1680119383.jpg

shutterstock_1643336464.jpg

Last edited:
The Abu Dhabi Presidential Palace - opened recently and a big part of it is open to the public

shutterstock_1360213397.jpg

Presidential Palace by Teseum, on Flickr

Presidential Palace, Qasr Al Watan - Abu Dhabi by HarveyDxb, on Flickr

Presidential Palace as viewed (through a window) from the 74th floor of the Jumeirah, Abu Dhabi by Jim Hoffman, on Flickr

I maroccan friend of mine sometimes goes there to work for some weeks he just earns what he is getting in germany in 3 month

Back
Top Bottom