What's new

AAP- the real deal

I know. . . but it is a necessary evil phor our growing power requirements. . .
-2-37-.gif

We are made to believe sooo.
Further R&D in this field thats all we need....the issue is nobody is ready to invest in this field.
Why cant we work on Tesla's theory???

A huge damn sun cant power all of earth??? You want me to believe that???

Im not an expert, so I take it that those numbers are reliable.

But then, Y is most developing and developed country looking towards nuclear power?? Do u know in France nuclear energy accounts for 75% of electricity produced. China aims to increase capacity to at least 80 GWe by 2020.

Japan is not India. India is not as much prone to earthquakes like Japan.

Kudankulam N-plant 'perfectly safe' | Business Standard
1st thing, whatever the the panel says...nuclear plants cannot be 100% safe....if there is a overheating, lack of moderator or any such thing then the core of the plant will melt down..and reaction will progress with normal fission speed...but again the enrichment of fissile material is low in powerplant it wont effect much but a Chernobyl or Fukishyama is bound to happen..
2nd thing, after use waste material all remain radioactive for long time and the fuel rod may remain active for another 400-500 years so, storage is big issue..they are dipped in coolant solution..mainly water which may sip down and do the harm..to land, river and affect the productivity of soil and life of people/animal...again for cooling liquid sodium or other may be used but water is again used to cool the coolant of plant which may turn radioactive
most of the developing nation are going for it because..
1.effectively less capital required..
2.less land required..
3.less maintenance cost than green energy source..
4.foreign pressure + lobbying
5. power plant may also be used for enrichment of fissile material and thus give a chance to build nuke..(most important)
as for earthquake ...it may occur any where in world and india is no exception..it is based on plate movement and volcanic eruption...and yes japan is situated in the most dangerous seismic zone of world...
Nuclear plants are Important for indian growth story..but the above hard fact cannot be neglected..we should not place our all energy egg in nuke basket...
it must also be not forgotten that during war nuke plant may become a liability instead of boon to us..
@levina it is equally true what @chak de INDIA pointed out..
green power is costly and it's maintenance is a huge burdensome and costly..
a lot has to be done before fully relying on green power..
+ India has a huge power requirement which cannot be fulfilled by current green technology available today..so, we have no other option but to go nuke..+ we have huge deposit of thorium(almost 25-30% of world reserve) ... which must be used effectively..:tup:

:o::o::o:
girl ..you want to bring current from sky...:tup::tup:;)

Further R&D in this field thats all we need....the issue is nobody is ready to invest in this field.

If the rest of the world has barely made Solar Energy based Power Plants economically feasible - its gonna be while before they move from being feasible to being attractive - what chance do you think do developing countries, who are playing catch up in more areas than one may begin to count, would have the 'original idea' required to make Solar Energy a financially attractive proposition ? :unsure:

Besides lets be honest you're only against the Nukes because you don't have the guts to handle its awesome power ! :smokin:

And why nobody is ready to invest ???
there must be a reason . . .
-2-37-.gif

Men are money minded...you proved it8-)

Ek jhatke me Insan se marwari bana diya :D

Last edited:
1st thing, whatever the the panel says...nuclear plants cannot be 100% safe....if there is a overheating, lack of moderator or any such thing then the core of the plant will melt down..and reaction will progress with normal fission speed...but again the enrichment of fissile material is low in powerplant it wont effect much but a Chernobyl or Fukishyama is bound to happen..
2nd thing, after use waste material all remain radioactive for long time and the fuel rod may remain active for another 400-500 years so, storage is big issue..they are dipped in coolant solution..mainly water which may sip down and do the harm..to land, river and affect the productivity of soil and life of people/animal...again for cooling liquid sodium or other may be used but water is again used to cool the coolant of plant which may turn radioactive
2.less land required..
5. power plant may also be used for enrichment of fissile material and thus give a chance to build nuke..(most important)
as for earthquake ...it may occur any where in world and india is no exception..it is based on plate movement and volcanic eruption...and yes japan is situated in the most dangerous seismic zone of world...
Nuclear plants are Important for indian growth story..but the above hard fact cannot be neglected..we should not place our all energy egg in nuke basket...
it must also be not forgotten that during war nuke plant may become a liability instead of boon to us..
+ India has a huge power requirement which cannot be fulfilled by current green technology available today..so, we have no other option but to go nuke..+ we have huge deposit of thorium(almost 25-30% of world reserve) ... which must be used effectively..:tup:

:o::o::o:
girl ..you want to bring current from sky...:tup::tup:;)

I have no problem with other sources of energy as long as we get as much power as we need. Yes .nuclear plants cannot be 100% safe. As you said, we have no option but to go for it.

So this can be done- Keep going with nuclear plants for now. And as @levina said, invest in R&D on 'SAFE' sources.

And why nobody is ready to invest ???
there must be a reason . . .
-2-37-.gif

Ek jhatke me Insan se marwari bana diya :D
ya there is a reason ..there is strong lobbying from nuke industry...+ raw material supplier nation+ oil producing nation..
small or developing nation cannot invest in these R&D and so called safe energy because they don't have enough money..
big powerful nation won't because of lobbying..:hitwall::hitwall:
$ speaks...:tup:

ya there is a reason ..there is strong lobbying from nuke industry...+ raw material supplier nation+ oil producing nation..
small or developing nation cannot invest in these R&D and so called safe energy because they don't have enough money..
big powerful nation won't because of lobbying..:hitwall::hitwall:
$ speaks...:tup:

Has BJP spoken on the nuclear power issue in recent times?

Yeah you could increase the conversion of efficiency of wind turbines. But you could do the same for nuclear power plants too, the energy released by a nuclear chain reaction isn't fully utilised by power plants, much is lost to heat.

In the end it becomes a zero sum game. Nuclear power will remain the most efficient source of energy for India and most of the world. There will also soon be a quantum leap when fusion power plants come online.

Some of those countries are going through a tough phase.We are a developing country and without power, we cannot prosper.
We have been successfully operating reactors since decades!!!
I know. . . but it is a necessary evil phor our growing power requirements. . .
-2-37-.gif

The nuclear industry has a shameful safety record. There is always the risk of a meltdown or explosion. At Three Mile Island it almost happened and at Chernobyl the unthinkable actually happened. The fall out from Chernobyl can still be detected in our atmospheres. The effects on the local people and the environment were devastating.
I agree that modern nuclear reactors are safer but they are not perfectly safe. There is always that chance of a disaster and if we build more reactors then sooner or later there will be another Chernobyl.
There 've also been a number of 'minor' accidents in nuclear power stations recently. Reprocessed fuel from the United Kingdom was recently rejected from Japan after it emerged that test results had been fabricated. The Nuclear Inspectorate in the UK has also been very critical of safety standards within the industry. Everyone is assured by the industry that these problems are being ironed out and that they will not happen again. Time and time again but these same problems reoccur and we have to conclude that the industry is not to be trusted. It is too dominated by the profit motive to really care about safety and too shrouded in secrecy to be accountable. In addition the nuclear industry has had a terrible cost on the lives on those living around power plants. It cannot be a coincidence that the rate of occurrence of certain types of cancer, such as leukaemia is much higher in the population around nuclear plants.
Then there is also the problem of waste. Nuclear waste can remain radioactive for thousands of years. It must be stored for all this time away from water into which it can dissolve and far from any tectonic activity. This is virtually impossible and there are serious concerns over the state of waste discarded even a few decades ago. Governments have frequently resorted to dumping waste into the sea...an action which it has been shown has lead to an increase in radioactivity along many coastlines.
And you tell me its SAFE and a necessary evil.

And yes I have issues with cigs and alcohol.If I tell you I smoke and drink then all of you will soon bracket me in a particular category.So why cant I do it to men??
More than those who drink I hate smokers.

@Dem!god
I hate you!!!
I did all that research to find you already answered the NPP lobbyists.:hitwall:

Besides lets be honest you're only against the Nukes because you don't have the guts to handle its awesome power ! :smokin:

I am not talking of a Lamborghini handed over to @Armstrong ,who cant even drive properly on a fast track.
Those are nuclear power plants one accident can cripple generations...you know it.

Last edited:
The nuclear industry has a shameful safety record. There is always the risk of a meltdown or explosion. At Three Mile Island it almost happened and at Chernobyl the unthinkable actually happened. The fall out from Chernobyl can still be detected in our atmospheres. The effects on the local people and the environment were devastating.
I agree that modern nuclear reactors are safer but they are not perfectly safe. There is always that chance of a disaster and if we build more reactors then sooner or later there will be another Chernobyl.
There 've also been a number of 'minor' accidents in nuclear power stations recently. Reprocessed fuel from the United Kingdom was recently rejected from Japan after it emerged that test results had been fabricated. The Nuclear Inspectorate in the UK has also been very critical of safety standards within the industry. Everyone is assured by the industry that these problems are being ironed out and that they will not happen again. Time and time again but these same problems reoccur and we have to conclude that the industry is not to be trusted. It is too dominated by the profit motive to really care about safety and too shrouded in secrecy to be accountable. In addition the nuclear industry has had a terrible cost on the lives on those living around power plants. It cannot be a coincidence that the rate of occurrence of certain types of cancer, such as leukaemia is much higher in the population around nuclear plants.
Then there is also the problem of waste. Nuclear waste can remain radioactive for thousands of years. It must be stored for all this time away from water into which it can dissolve and far from any tectonic activity. This is virtually impossible and there are serious concerns over the state of waste discarded even a few decades ago. Governments have frequently resorted to dumping waste into the sea...an action which it has been shown has lead to an increase in radioactivity along many coastlines.

And yes I have issues with cigs and alcohol.If I tell you I smoke and drink then all of you will soon bracket me in a particular category.So why cant I do it to men??
More than alcohol I hate smokers.

are you getting angry.......I can feel it...over cigs. and alcohol issue...:D:D

@Dem!god
I hate you!!!
I did all that research to find you already answered the NPP lobbyists.:hitwall:
ha ha ha...
I don't....
you have mentioned some disease which I forgot to mention before..+ your explanation is better..:tup:

What category?? Anyway forget it.

This sums up our situation. We CANNOT give up on nuclear power.

2.less land required..

I am not talking of a Lamborghini handed over to @Armstrong ,who cant even drive properly on a fast track.
Those are nuclear power plants one accident can cripple generations...you know it.

I can drive fine ! :mad:

An acceptable risk in return for clean energy & the opportunity to open doors to unprecedented research avenues ! :agree:

scared-and-sweating-smiley-emoticon.gif
. . . ok i'm with u. . . GO GREEN .. . GO GREEN
fist-shake.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom