What's new

5 Most Powerful Muslim Countries

You forgot to add the most important capital of allin the list of capitals that matter.

TEL AVIV.

Since I am not a conspiracy theorist and don't believe that Jews secretly control all the world or whatever ...so I wouldn't rank Tel Aviv in the list of those capitals.Take out NATO/US support from the equation and Israel is done !! Egypt can handle them pretty much . . .

So an observation. According to the OP, the most powerful Muslim state is also in the list of 10 countries most likely to fail.. Interesting.. Isnt it?

To me it sounds like an oxymoron

How about defining the criteria for selecting the country first.

GDP (PPP) gets 30% weightage
size of Population above poverty line gets 30 % weightage
Military spending in US $ gets 20 % weightage
Number of armed forces personnel gets 20% weighatage
Spending on Education and R&D as a % of GDP gets 10% weightage

And voila you have a crude power index. Of course you can add removed factors and increase decrease their weightage but that's how you should be looking a power.

And even more surprising is no one mentioned Indonesia yet, the first Muslim majority country to have a $ 1trillion+ economy GDP (PPP) and a member of the G20

How is Pakistan #1? i doubt Pakistan even in Top 20 Muslim Powers.
What he's based it on is:
1. Nukes.
2. Military strength.

Whatever happened to the main fundamentals like (Listed in no particular order):

1. Natural resources.
2. Quality of life.
3. Good governance.
4. Health.
5. Education.
6. Poverty index.
7. GDP.
8. Personal freedoms.
9. Industrial capacity.
10. Discipline.

Where does Pakistan stand on all these aspects? Nukes and military strength doesn't make a nation great! Period!

What he's based it on is:
1. Nukes.
2. Military strength.

Whatever happened to the main fundamentals like (Listed in no particular order):

1. Natural resources.
2. Quality of life.
3. Good governance.
4. Health.
5. Education.
6. Poverty index.
7. GDP.
8. Personal freedoms.
9. Industrial capacity.
10. Discipline.

Where does Pakistan stand on all these aspects? Nukes and military strength doesn't make a nation great! Period!

I suggest you look at Post # 47. It answers a lot of your questions, & I can answer you the other stuff as well.

I suggest you look at Post # 47. It answers a lot of your questions, & I can answer you the other stuff as well.

There are 1000's of such things. Every country is in some rank of specific thing. It's doesn't make sense and make overall picture. GDP tells everything as per economics.

India is currently close to Rank 3rd ( Japan @ 3rd) in GDP (PPP) after U.S. and China. 2011 data is not out, There is very small difference between Japan and India.

If PPP is criteria then Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arbia is Ahead than Pakistan.

For Overall Check -- List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what I said before:

In terms of 'strongest' Muslim countries by GDP (PPP), this is what you get (2010 estimates):

1. Turkey: $931 billion
2. Iran: $860 billion
3. Saudi Arabia: $600 billion
4. Pakistan: $464 billion
5. Egypt: $453 billion
6. Malaysia: $398 billion
7. Bangladesh: $229 billion
8. UAE: $187 billion

Military is not always the best criteria to decide who is best or not.

Military is never the criteria. It can be done in short of span if economy is strong. Otherwise Israel is Powerful and Australia, Canada, Italy, Brazil are not. Simple to understand.

Bilal bhai, thanks for your very informative post, but the point remains that in spite of all the positives, they don't translate to much. For example, Pakistan may be the 6th biggest rice producer in the world, but yet a significant proportion of the population doesn't even get one square meal a day!

It's nice to know that Pakistan has the largest WiiMax Network, the 2nd largest dam etc, but that doesn't count to much if the fundamentals that I mentioned in my post are absent!

So what I've written in my post stands! :azn:

Cheers!

And even more surprising is no one mentioned Indonesia yet, the first Muslim majority country to have a $ 1trillion+ economy GDP (PPP) and a member of the G20

GDP is a bad indicator of the wealth of the nation because most of time it is subject to the nation's population. Indonesia might have a 1 trillion+ economy but most of it's citizens are poor as heck.

Back
Top Bottom