What's new

2 Damaged SAAB AWAC Repaired

Relocate a whole airbase costs billions and a lot of time, is it not cheaper to build high Walls, watch towers equipped with machine Guns and snipers, water obastacels, watch dog patrols, snipers and QRF on standby and patrol, I hope that some of this measures were taken for all military bases and jails.
No Sir walls could be scaled and any nearby house could be used to target a landing or taking off jet very easily, Just estimate the cost of lost assets plus the cost of reinforcing the airbase you would come to the conclusion new air base would be cheaper than we thought hence airbase near to civilian always a risk for the forces and the civilians.

And now a British mole joins him from where I am looking like an Indian. You guys sucks.
Brother welcome,
I am also kind of new just a few observations. These guys take their seniority very seriously. Sometimes you see sensitive information given out carelessly and sometimes they become serious. This AWACS topic is sensitive and your line of questioning was not very appropriate, if you do not mind. The senior guys try to stay amongst their group and just tolerate new ones. The seniors know each other especially if in service etc. I read and enjoy the forum and once in a great while give some useless comments.

Brother welcome,
I am also kind of new just a few observations. These guys take their seniority very seriously. Sometimes you see sensitive information given out carelessly and sometimes they become serious. This AWACS topic is sensitive and your line of questioning was not very appropriate, if you do not mind. The senior guys try to stay amongst their group and just tolerate new ones. The seniors know each other especially if in service etc. I read and enjoy the forum and once in a great while give some useless comments.
Believe me bro very few even could be counted on a single finger actually serving or served on forces registered or active here, I questioned just to know / check whether they really know something or just a pompous and bully claims and I am sorry to say they know nothing so called real info they are active and know about the things which is readily available on net. The person or persons belongs to forces would never identified themselves or utter a single word for real sensitive info and I am 100% sure of that.
Seniority my foot they are just addicted to forums and have more post counts than me and I would give big flying F for that kind of seniority.
Regards,

Note:
For example the info shared here about repaired AWACs is a flat lie and how I know? forget it.

So what makes you excite in this post? which was a reply to a moderator from me.

A hint that you should be a little more than a day old before you take such positions against people who have spent ages on the forum, and have contributed to it.

That could apply to all your posts.

Just because you have access to the Internet, and LOTS of spare time, it doesn't mean you can pontificate.

I've put you on my ignore list. You will be one of the most worthwhile additions to it.

Believe me bro very few even could be counted on a single finger actually serving or served on forces registered or active here, I questioned just to know / check whether they really know something or just a pompous and bully claims and I am sorry to say they know nothing so called real info they are active and know about the things which is readily available on net. The person or persons belongs to forces would never identified themselves or utter a single word for real sensitive info and I am 100% sure of that.
Seniority my foot they are just addicted to forums and have more post counts than me and I would give big flying F for that kind of seniority.
Regards,

Note:
For example the info shared here about repaired AWACs is a flat lie and how I know? forget it.

@WAJsal

This guy claims to be a friend of your's---first day---and already using profanity---.

No Sir walls could be scaled and any nearby house could be used to target a landing or taking off jet very easily, Just estimate the cost of lost assets plus the cost of reinforcing the airbase you would come to the conclusion new air base would be cheaper than we thought hence airbase near to civilian always a risk for the forces and the civilians.

I am not talking only about the walls, but about the reality and time, do you really think that all military Bases will be shifted out of the heavy populated area in the next 10 years ? No Sir ! So the the Air Base Ground Defense (ABGD) will remain an important task, the PAF must study the chapter of (ABGD) precisely, the USAF has already written it in their military history books, check the Vietnam war- section Vietcong attack on US Bases !

Last edited:
Ok for the future the Idea makes sense, but I am talking for now, the bases cant be shiftetd in the next 5 years, all civilians who have houses or property near the bases mus be monitored, registred them self by the PAF, give interviews, name of all living Persons in that house, and than we MUST build the wall behind the houses and higher than the houese, a task which is not impossible, there are many solutions for a problem. Make new law which forbidds to build private buildings/house 10 Meters near the air base etc.
Not practical to interview and monitored huge number of population especially someone who have interest or sympathies with the enemy.
10 meters are nothing even a kilometer is not enough to safeguard landing or taking off jets.

Airbases could be shifted and expenses could be reimburse in shape of making old basis a commercial housing colonies would be an instant hit with the builders and the people.

Last edited:
No. We bought 5 airframes from Sweden.

10025 - Severe Damage to Airframe - Repaired and in operational service
J019 - Training/VIP airframe - likely being converted to take a spare set ordered.
10040(previously 09040) - operational.
10045 & 10049, one was burnt to a crisp, the other in currently undergoing certification after repairs.

Yes

As far I remember back in march there was news of a delivery of another Saab 2000 No: 029 to Pakistan.So either 019 or 029 will be converted AEW&C with spare radar set.

I even posted on AEW&C thread with links/screenshot from civil aviation websites. @Bilal Khan 777 confirmed this. But since website was attacked resulting in loss of data, that post also got lost.

Here are few links I could dig up:
  1. http://www.historyofpia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24254
  2. https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Saab/2000/029/J-029-Pakistan-Air-Force
  3. http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-s20-29.htm
So it will safe to assume though current status is 3+1(AEW&C + Transport) but eventually PAF will attain its original strength of 4+1(AEW&C + Trasport).

@Bratva how many AWACS do we have in total now? Besides these 3 Erieyes, we have some Chinese ones too right?

Lets Divide SAAB AWAC into Operational Vs Going through Testing and Validation process

1 SAAB AWAC Is operational since last 4 years which is 10040

2nd AWAC 10025 is very near to operational. As @Stealth pics showed that 10025 flew on 23rd March with proper call sign and serial number

1 SAAB AWAC is in validation and testing phase as shown in the Wajahat S Khan TV SHOW where SAAB AWAC was shown to be flying in yellow primer

1 SAAB was destroyed completly in the attack as per Secretary defense admission in parliament in 2014

And that is the reason they showed only 10040 in the recent PAF video
https://defence.pk/threads/paf-revamped-air-defense-alert-system.451267/page-7#post-8743271

Because 10025 and other one has not become operational as of now

And for the chinese AWAC

we have 4 of them right now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom