What's new

2 Damaged SAAB AWAC Repaired

Lets Divide SAAB AWAC into Operational Vs Going through Testing and Validation process

1 SAAB AWAC Is operational since last 4 years which 10040

2nd AWAC 10025 is very near to operational. As @Stealth pics showed that 10025 flied on 23rd March with proper call sign and serial number

1 SAAB AWAC is in validation and testing phase as shown in the Wajahat S Khan TV SHOW where SAAB AWAC was shown to be flying in yellow primer

1 SAAB was destroyed completly in the attack as per Secretary defense admission in parliament in 2014

And that is the reason they showed only 10040 in the recent PAF video
https://defence.pk/threads/paf-revamped-air-defense-alert-system.451267/page-7#post-8743271

Because 10025 and other one has not become operational as of now

And for the chinese AWAC

we have 4 of them right now
:tup: Thanks

If this new of two damaged SAAB AEW&C having been repaired is true, It will bring the total number of available SAAB AWACs to 3 and not 4.

Here is the chronology of PAF SAAB events for those followed it over the years ,they know I am right.

Under Musharaff regime Pakistan initially signed an agreement for 7 SAAB aircrafts but only 6 AEW&C.

This order was brought down to 4 AEW&Cs and 5 SAAB aircrafts, because of shortage of funds and little arm twisting from China to purchase their AWACS platforms.

There were 3 SAAB AEWs stationed, when Kamra attack happened.

1 was completely destroyed , including Radar and the airframe.

Second the air-frame was damaged but the Radar was not, the plan was to remove the radar and salvageable electronics from this aircraft and use it on the extra aircraft bought, for this, it was to bee sent to Sweden for repairs.

And third received relatively minor damage, must have in repaired in house in Pakistan, now.

So if this news is true, it will bring the total number of SAAB AEW&Cs to 3 and not 4 .

does pakistan have any plans to induct the latest saab AWACs.like ordered by UAE

does pakistan have any plans to induct the latest saab AWACs.like ordered by UAE

For god sake why you want more awacs, whats the reason ? Any rational argument or just posting something? How will you protect this assets in air and ground ? What we need are more advanced Fighters Jets like the J-10, to protect this awacs, strike deeper in enemy land and hold the own air against the indian Su-30MKI invasion !

Any plan of PAF to increase numbers to original 4??

Brother I think the first priority for the PAF should be and is to buy more air superiority fighter Jets like the J-10 or J-11, upgrade and relocate the air Bases to safer places. It does not make sense to have large number of AWACS if we dont have the fighter jets for that.

Sir can I ask about P3C orions did we got the replacement for the two destroyed ones.

Yes we did !

The AWACS still at naval airbase? -

The Chinese ZDK yes !

planning for two more

I hope that they induct first more Air superiority fighter Jets.

Indeed a blessing in disguise

7 AWACS coupled with our Extensive Ground Based Radars are more than enough to detect any threat from the East and our Coast. What we need are more Long Range Ground SAM Batteries, and not AWACS. i fail to see what value the two additional AWACS will add.

I totally agree, so cant understand, why some members still dreaming about more awacs.

What was the hardest part to repair?

Its not only about repair, but also to get and reproduce the spare parts, items etc, PAC has achieved a Masterpiece, by repairing this AWACS.

Last edited:
If this new of two damaged SAAB AEW&C having been repaired is true, It will bring the total number of available SAAB AWACs to 3 and not 4.

Here is the chronology of PAF SAAB events for those followed it over the years ,they know I am right.

Under Musharaff regime Pakistan initially signed an agreement for 7 SAAB aircrafts but only 6 AEW&C.

This order was brought down to 4 AEW&Cs and 5 SAAB aircrafts, because of shortage of funds and little arm twisting from China to purchase their AWACS platforms.

There were 3 SAAB AEWs stationed, when Kamra attack happened.

1 was completely destroyed , including Radar and the airframe.

Second the air-frame was damaged but the Radar was not, the plan was to remove the radar and salvageable electronics from this aircraft and use it on the extra aircraft bought, for this, it was to bee sent to Sweden for repairs.

And third received relatively minor damage, must have in repaired in house in Pakistan, now.

So if this news is true, it will bring the total number of SAAB AEW&Cs to 3 and not 4 .
The only slight correction being there were 4 Saabs not 3. One was air borne and remained safe.
I still feel let down by the false info fed to the people regarding the incident. Someone should be asked to answer at least to the parlianment about it if not already done.
A

The language being used by some senior members here is really disgusting and by using such language makes their input worthless.
Kindly report. That is what I have done.
A

Pakistan needs a R&D company like NESCOM that will do JV with China, Turkey, & EU for designing and developing different electronics and electrical equipment for Miltary and commercial use. Manufacturing can be done by private sector.

The only slight correction being there were 4 Saabs not 3. One was air borne and remained safe.
I still feel let down by the false info fed to the people regarding the incident. Someone should be asked to answer at least to the parlianment about it if not already done.
A

Kindly report. That is what I have done.
A

When you engage someone you disagree with, you give them credence. If you disagree strongly that his / her words can affect you, then the best is to ignore.

To the Ego of PAF, i commend the leadership of Air Marshal Gul and his technical team for taking up the task people thought was impossible. Now, both Saabs damaged in the attack are serviceable.

I also commend this chief Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman for continuously and personally supporting the project, despite the difficulties. It takes guts, patience, and resolve. Thank you for giving the befitting reply to the "Surgical Strike" on a key asset of Pakistan, and bring in it back in the air.

The most difficult part of the job was reforming the upper fuselage of the aircraft, as well as changing the major structural parts outside the factory, which has never been done before. This shows that if you push Pakistanis to do something, they will do it.

For the naysayers, you will always be there. We laugh at you as we always remain ready to defend the homeland.

BR

Back
Top Bottom