What's new

2 civilians killed by Pak Army in another ceasefire violation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, as you might remember, Clinton had jumped in and Pakistan was facing the brunt of an international "Pressure Group", an already isolated Pakistan was at risk of being totally forsaken. Thus, sensibility lay in pulling back to status quo.

But submitting to international pressure doesn't gel well with the claims of "full blown war, if attacked" and "we have nothing to lose".

Clearly, there is a threshold that India can flirt with, while replying in kind to pakistani overtures.

But submitting to international pressure doesn't gel well with the claims of "full blown war, if attacked" and "we have nothing to lose".

Clearly, there is a threshold that India can flirt with, while retaliating in kind to pakistani overtures.

Indeed, India's Diplomatic Relations have also proven a strong suit and have on many occasions have thwarted Pakistan's most well-planned and well-executed operations. However, it's worth noticing that at that time, Pakistan was seen as an aggressor and the international community was more inclined to support India in that respect. However, in a situation where India has taken an isolated the incident to the brink of war, then the global outlook on the conflict will be more prone towards 'Neutrality' rather than all out support for India.

Ḥashshāshīn;3507385 said:
Because your English seems very good for someone who studied in Pakistan... :cheers:

I'm flattered. I have a very enviable educational history and can attribute my linguistic skills to good schools and great teachers.

What are we meant to be seeing? A Pakistani doing what they do best denying and picking up on specifics and not addressing the wider issues?

You would think your former army chief would be able to call him out on that if that were the case. Unless India employs incompetent men to lead their armed forces? :undecided:

Small countries like Pakistan attacking our forces and civilian near borders and SL navy killing TN fisherman our mighty Indian navy/coastal guard simply sitting idle. We should show our power when its needful , if Pakistan attacked near kashmir borders why we have to retaliate only in those borders? attack in every Pakistan border then they will get fear.

Did asked such award? usually idiots having tonnes of award I think you got such awards from everywhere. Keep with you damn idiot.

You were so enraged you didn't bother to see if what you wrote made any sense.

Thank you for your careful and neutral approach to the problem. It is clear that once ISPR has given details, that is the only possible interpretation possible, and it is backed by decades of truthful and authentic reporting of events by the Pakistani side. Actually, we should stop calling it the Pakistani side, since, as your very thoughtful post script points out, when it is the PA's fault, which is hardly ever, the ISPR acknowledges it and apologizes on its behalf. That this never happens, that it is never the PA's fault, is not the point; the willingness to acknowledge it and explain what happened, and to apologise, if ever it were to become necessary, is the point. Not a prejudiced observer, then. More like a neutral observer carefully and faithfully reporting the facts, which, quite incidentally, indicate that 0 occurrences were the fault of one side, they were uniformly the fault of the other side.

I can only remain thankful that we have your measured and carefully considered approach to this messy situation, where everybody seems to be lying their heads off to gain even a minor propaganda advantage.

In this case, too, it is quite clear, in the light of your lucid explanation, what actually happened: after days of patient and reasonable representations by the Pakistani side, the Indian side suddenly lost its temper, probably under the pressure of guilt at the disgraceful nature of the construction it was putting up, and opened fire indiscriminately. Unfortunately, since dhoti-wallahs are known not to be able to shoot straight, they opened fire in the opposite direction, and injured Indian villagers. The possibility that they were terrified at the thought of opening fire at the Pakistan Army and receiving a spirited response cannot be ruled out.

I am sure that, on investigation, particularly if somebody as even-handed and neutral conducts the investigations, it will be found that the Pakistan Army actually came across the LoC and conducted rescue and medical operations, while the Indian Army skulked in guilty silence.

One more day at the trenches, working the photocopy machine and the fax. A soldier's life is indeed very tough.

Neither i am Imaging Nor i am Predicting but i see ur Little favouratism towards Pakistan.

Everybody having some limits he crossed so he have to meet the fate. If somebody don't know how respect others means he/she shouldn't expect such things from others. Tell me did I said anything bad about you? he deserved that for his behavior.

I missed ............

Could you repeat that in English? It doesn't have to be Icarus' rather intimidating brand of Queen's English, just Panagal Park will do.

Thank you for your careful and neutral approach to the problem.
You're always welcomed. As per the topic, the quality of the posts was pre-determined and the level of posts was to counter them.
It is clear that once ISPR has given details, that is the only possible interpretation possible, and it is backed by decades of truthful and authentic reporting of events by the Pakistani side. Actually, we should stop calling it the Pakistani side, since, as your very thoughtful post script points out, when it is the PA's fault, which is hardly ever, the ISPR acknowledges it and apologizes on its behalf.
There are recorded cases, one of which I remember that PA was at fault (first ones to violate the ceasefire). This was accepted by Pakistani side (ISPR), saying that there was movement INTO Pakistani side.

I can only remain thankful that we have your measured and carefully considered approach to this messy situation, where everybody seems to be lying their heads off to gain even a minor propaganda advantage.

To, once again support my earlier post, I have taken example of the last ceasefire violation. There exists a thread on Chuprar sector violation on August 17, 2012. A Pakistani village came under attack and Pakistan was blamed initially, but latter it came to knowledge that Rangers were not present in the area. The fire-fight was exchanged for 2 days which resulted in injuries to 3 Indian soldiers and death to 1, whereas the only casualties on Pakistani side were 6 civilian.

You were so enraged you didn't bother to see if what you wrote made any sense.

An interesting observation.

Do you think, therefore, that if he had not been enraged, he would have bothered to see if what he wrote made any sense?

I rather doubt it. I think this is another Rage Boy, always in a permanently, er, aroused state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom