What's new

古詩十九首 19 Ancient Chinese Poems No.1 - 行行重行行

If you wanted to say anything related to jungle the character is 丛 as in 丛林,concrete jungle would be 水泥丛林。。。there's even a computer game by that name. 重 has nothing to do with jungles!!!
You probably need to check the later post, 重 means the protester jammed up the concrete structure like a forest because of the protest, akin to a city on lockdown.

Concrete Jungle is what we used to call Hong Kong.

That is the connection. Try harder next time. But sorry, you don't get a price.

Stecke deine gefälschte spanische Kenntnisse in den Arsch.... und das macht mich jetzt zu einem Deutschen... ahah
I don't speak German, I speak either Spanish or Chinese or English, and you were asking Chavez. I just answer your question in Spanish. I don't think Chavez speak German either.

I don't speak German, I speak either Spanish or Chinese or English, and you were asking Chavez. I just answer your question in Spanish. I don't think Chavez speak German either.

You dont speak Chinese, @beijingwalker has already proved it.

Lets move on... my "fake-Chinese" friend, ;-)

He is MOST PROBABLY a Vietnamese with some 4th generations back connection to China.

He doesnt want to be called Chinese on one hand, but wouldnt remove the Chinese flag as well.

And when he says "We", 99% of the time he means the USA (and even he served in the US military as per his own claim) and YET, he wouldnt display US flag.

Oh the irony! :-)
Again, stupid *** like you think you have sway, when you have nothing.

Nobody care about what you think, not even your fellow Pakistani mod here, you can see it from the interaction we had.

And if you stupid enough not to know why, then you probably too stupid to exist in this real world.

You dont speak Chinese, @beijingwalker has already proved it.

Lets move on... my "fake-Chinese" friend, ;-)
He just prove that I did actually, have you not read the exchange?

Again, stupid *** like you think you have sway, when you have nothing.

Nobody care about what you think, not even your fellow Pakistani mod here, you can see it from the interaction we had.

And if you stupid enough not to know why, then you probably too stupid to exist in this real world.

He just prove that I did actually, have you even read the exchange?

Did you have the Chinese citizenship when you served in the US military?

Yes or No?

Did you have the Chinese citizenship when you served in the US military?

Yes or No?
Why would I answer you.

I mean, who are you for me to answer your question? You aren't even Chinese, how do you know what Chinese Citizenship looks like. Is it a card, is it a paper or is it a book? Answer me that and I will tell you,

Did I even use the word "Not" in that entire post?

So where do I say "Hong Konger is NOT Chinese" in that post?

Point it to me plaese.

Mira...........Mr Dictonary

重夏 = 沉重的夏天

And why it's 沉重?

That's because of the dang protest........
沉重 doesn't mean fortified, it just means heavy. Example: 沉重的负担 = heavy burden. it doesn't mean fortified burden.

沉重 doesn't mean fortified, it just means heavy. Example: 沉重的负担 = heavy burden. it doesn't mean fortified burden.
It's the mood dude, it's the mood.

as in 心情沉重

The mood is fortified, because of the protest as I explained before, just read the post.

Last edited:
It's the mood dude, it's the mood.

as in 心情沉重

The mood is fortified, because of the protest as I explained before, just read the post.
I would interpret 心情沉重 as "the mood is sullen", sullen as in "hearts are heavy". I would not interpret it as mood is fortified. I don't think anyone would interpret 沉重 as anything to do with "fortified". Is this an English problem or a Chinese problem we are having here?

The translation of fortified I can think of: 加固 强化 巩固

the other problems are why did you mention 'concrete jungle' if you meant that the mood was sullen? Since you associated 重 with 沉重, 夏 is summer, then... where's concrete or jungle here?

I would interpret 心情沉重 as "the mood is sullen", sullen as in "hearts are heavy". I would not interpret it as mood is fortified. I don't think anyone would interpret 沉重 as anything to do with "fortified". Is this an English problem or a Chinese problem we are having here?

The translation of fortified I can think of: 加固 强化 巩固

the other problems are why did you mention 'concrete jungle' if you meant that the mood was sullen? Since you associated 重 with 沉重, 夏 is summer, then... where's concrete or jungle here?
I don't know what you interpret, I would interpret it as a Fortified Mood. But than that is the English Translation, it have nothing to do with the structure of the poem, which is written in Chinese. and I am not talking about it with American or Aussie, you are Chinese, right? Which mean you don't need English Translation.

Concrete Jungle is a "HINT" I gave them. it have nothing to do with the poem directly. We used to call Hong Kong (particularly Central) concrete jungle. That is for them to google the photo by putting Protest, Hong Kong, 2013, Concrete Jungle.

You do know how hint work? If I gave you the direct relation, that is no longer a hint, that is the solution of the puzzle.

It's like I ask you a question "Who sing Get outta my dream" and I give you a hint "seven seas" It would not be related to the answer (Billy Ocean) directly, but instead indirectly because you know seven seas mean Ocean, which is a part of the singer name.

Last edited:
I don't know what you interpret, I would interpret it as a Fortified Mood. But than that is the English Translation, it have nothing to do with the structure of the poem, which is written in Chinese. and I am not talking about it with American or Aussie, you are Chinese, right? Which mean you don't need English Translation.

Concrete Jungle is a "HINT" I gave them. it have nothing to do with the poem directly. We used to call Hong Kong (particularly Central) concrete jungle. That is for them to google the photo by putting Protest, Hong Kong, 2013, Concrete Jungle.

You do know how hint work? If I gave you the direct relation, that is no longer a hint, that is the solution of the puzzle.

It's like I ask you a question "Who sing Get outta my dream" and I give you a hint "seven seas" It would not be related to the answer (Billy Ocean) directly, but instead indirectly because you know seven seas mean Ocean, which is a part of the singer name.

This is too complicated for me with all the hints and innuendos when your original question was simply about the definition of one word. I have never heard of 重 being used to mean fortified, neither has anyone else here, and I don't even know what a fortified mood means in English as I've never heard that term used in English either.

You claim that fortified mood is the English translation so can you show me any standard use of the term fortified mood in English outside your explanation?

This is too complicated for me with all the hints and innuendos when your original question was simply about the definition of one word. I have never heard of 重 being used to mean fortified, neither has anyone else here, and I don't even know what a fortified mood means in English as I've never heard that term used in English either.

You claim that fortified mood is the English translation so can you show me any standard use of the term fortified mood in English outside your explanation?
Set aside this is a local thing, yes, we call something being Fortified Mood, that's the basis of the popular Hong Kong Movie Chung Hing Jungle. Let's set this aside

Did English Translation matter?

Are you American? Or Australian? Or are you Not a Chinese?

You read the content in Chinese, you understand the content in Chinese, which make what I translated into, even as you claim, that's a bad translation, really does not matter.

And finally, local Hong Kong dialect is not going to be the same in Mandarin, a lot of stuff we say does not make sense to mandarin speaker, can you translate "咩" in English?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom