What's new

150th JF-17 Rolls out of PAC

Only possible if there had been 50 export orders atop of the 100 PAF fighters.

Myanmar (16) + Nigeria (3) + new PAF Block II order (12) = 31 planes, and a lot of those haven't even entered production yet.

So whatever this news is ... It has zero to do with 150 JF-17s being built.

Only possible if there had been 50 export orders atop of the 100 PAF fighters.

Myanmar (16) + Nigeria (3) + new PAF Block II order (12) = 31 planes, and a lot of those haven't even entered production yet.

So whatever this news is ... It has zero to do with 150 JF-17s being built.
Could it be a old picture with a jf17 block one serial number 50? Or hopefully as you said 50 export orders atop local 100

I would prefer Model #101 to #150 to be Block III:triniti:
Twin Seat/Single Seat mix

We have no rush to add another 50 Block II , aim should be nice lovely Block III
nice 50 figure for Block III

Induction of S-300 , HQ-19 and FM-90 and many undisclosed assets have relaxed our concerns

If we add Hisar-0 and Block III I would be very peachy with that idea

Last edited:
There are different configuration of JF17, be it Chinese avionics/western avionics,Chinese electronic warfare system/western electronic warfare system, Russian engine/Chinese engine, Chinese Radar/Western radar, even laser targeting pods from Turkey.

It depends on customer's need.

For example: if the customer is Myanamr, and they choose most of the parts I fore mentioned from China suppliers, the assemble will be in China for logistics convenience (parts produced in Pakistan will be shipped to China).
If the customer, for example if Azerbaijan, choose most of the parts from the west, the jet will be assembled in Pakistan(China ship some of the parts to Pakistan).

And all the JF17 goes to PAF is produced and assembled in PAC Pakistan, all CAC need to do is deliver the parts they are responsible for.

I'm also surprised why there is no one talking about this since I joined the PDF.
They will not be much western parts especially avionics and ECM. First is intergration of BVRAAM. Second is the issue of source code needed to given to CAC for full datalink and support. The most is few basic navigation western and ejection, other than that I do not foresee much choices beside Chinese.

They will not be much western parts especially avionics and ECM. First is intergration of BVRAAM. Second is the issue of source code needed to given to CAC for full datalink and support. The most is few basic navigation western and ejection, other than that I do not foresee much choices beside Chinese.
I think the source code was given to Pakistan?

That's why they can integrate Turkey's Laser targeting pod.

I'm looking forward to see BLkIII.

Pakistan can integrate any weapons that JF17 can technically carry if they want, be it Chinese/Russian/west/domestic/Turkey,it's a open platform to build upon.

Cooperation with those countries they trust.

By the way, How many LCA India has produced until now?:partay:

What would be actually interesting was to have foreign qualified test pilots to evaluate the aircraft. A USAFTPS delegation would do well in evaluating a JF-17 as part of their test pilot course.....

Wrong and Fake news this banner is from last year which was showing the intended number of JF-17 in total PAF wanted to induct but now they have decided to have at least 250 of these beasts

I think the source code was given to Pakistan?

That's why they can integrate Turkey's Laser targeting pod.

I'm looking forward to see BLkIII.

Pakistan can integrate any weapons that JF17 can technically carry if they want, be it Chinese/Russian/west/domestic/Turkey,it's a open platform to build upon.

Cooperation with those countries they trust.

By the way, How many LCA India has produced until now?:partay:

Targeting pod cannot compare to BVRAAM and ECM. These 2 important feature are mostly linked to avionics and datalink. It’s not so easy try to toggle and play with avionics.

As for the targeting pods, it just a small sum of business compare to engine,missile, avionics and airframe.

All these 50 units of JF17 we provide is free of charge. As a urgent military aid to Pakistan. It happens in May of year 2011 when President Gilani visited China.

1 billions dollars worth of military aid.

It's not six months, the delivery period is from May 2011 to June 2012.
So the given JF-17s are all Block-I?

Back
Top Bottom