What's new

ZORAWAR.... New beast coming shortly.....

Exactly I was saying same that it's not something strategic like nuclear submarines..... the way India has been buying American weapons there's absolutely no reason for Americans to deny V22 which is ultimately a chopper type... since it's too costly to buy and even expensive to maintain India herself must have decided to back off.... more Chinook would make more sense......

I have no idea whether the V-22 is allowed for India. It is an unique aircraft. I do not see the huge advantages versus a Chinook. I have to assume it is off limits. India might have backed off like in the case of Raytheon Sentinel

I have no idea whether the V-22 is allowed for India. It is an unique aircraft. I do not see the huge advantages versus a Chinook. I have to assume it is off limits. India might have backed off like in the case of Raytheon Sentinel
You are assuming it will not be given to India just because of its unique design compared to other choppers..... But apart from design and logistics type of usage what an extraordinary thing it can do? Nothing....

Can it be used for offensive missions?
Can it be used for anti shipping or anti submarine rolls?
Can it be used for carrying tactical nuclear weapons?

If an offensive platform like Super Hornet or F15 EX can be offered why can not be V22? If platforms like P8s, Globe Masters, C130, Chinooks, Apaches can be given why can not be V22s? Believe me there is no sense of not allowing it to India... its India who will be doing a favor to America if she ever buys this in numbers.....

The requirements for heavy lift helicopters for IAF was like around 40 units. The high cost of Chinook means only 15 have been ordered. A further order is on the back burner due to high costs.

V22 is much more costly to operate and acquire.

Its out of the means of IAF.

India is also buying more apaches too
11 were cleared for Army Aviation long back. Budgetary constraints meant only 6 getting ordered.

The follow on order will be placed once the 6 are delivered.

What are these then ???
download.jpg

Indian Armed Forces - Command Headquarters - Mountain Corps Zorawar - New Brigades are being inducted with niche technologies like swarm drones, loitering munitions, anti-drone capabilities and next generation Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.

full.png

See in the back !!!

On Hyderabad Defense Industries made Light Tank !!!

Indian-Army-Armored-Cars-10.jpg

India is also buying more apaches too

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited - Project Light Weight Speed Engine - Attack Helicopter _ Prototype III - Abhay

eight-us-made-apache-attack-helicopters-inducted-into-iaf.jpg

What are these then ???
View attachment 881402
Is this BHISHMA?

Indian Armed Forces - Command Headquarters - Mountain Corps Zorawar - New Brigades are being inducted with niche technologies like swarm drones, loitering munitions, anti-drone capabilities and next generation Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.

View attachment 881403

See in the back !!!

On Hyderabad Defense Industries made Light Tank !!!

View attachment 881405

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited - Project Light Weight Speed Engine - Attack Helicopter _ Prototype III - Abhay

View attachment 881406
Abhay is looking like Apache....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom