Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Zimbabwe offer to tour Pakistan
Cricinfo staff
August 21, 2010

Zimbabwe have offered to tour Pakistan to help raise funds for the country's flood victims. Pakistan has suffered severe floods in the last month with more than one-fifth of the country's territory and an estimated 20 million people affected.

Pakistan has not staged an international match since the Lahore attacks in March last year but the PCB confirmed Zimbabwe's offer on Saturday. "Yes, they have made a formal contact with us and we highly appreciate their [Zimbabwe's] noble gesture for supporting the cause. They have asked us to provide them with suitable dates for the series," Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, told News One TV.

"They are willing to come over and play a series as they want to help us raise funds for the flood victims. They have left it up to us to give dates and schedule for the tour," the PCB's media manager Nadeem Sarwar told Reuters.

The attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore last year led to the 2011 World Cup matches being moved out of Pakistan. The national team has since had to play 'home' series at neutral venues but a decision to send an ICC World XI to Pakistan made earlier this month and Zimbabwe's offer comes as a major boost.

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Good news............... one tri series can be held for Pakistan + Zimbabwe and Bangladesh since they too offered to play a tournament recently!

Seems like Cricket is coming back to Pakistan! (INSHALLAH)

now pakistan must give them full security keep some ssg soldiers close to them and have full proof conoy with them and thanx to zimbabwe cricket that they came to our rescur not just for flood effecties but also bring confidence to other teams to tour pakistan hope pakistan support zimbabwe in future

Only worrying thing here is Life. Moreover, rather going to Pakistan, Pakistan itself can go to some country like India and have friendship match. All money should be donated to relief package.

What I fear here is BCCI damn..

just read this news at cric info.
hats off to Zimbabwe's officials.

Great news. Only concern is proper security this time.
Thanks to Zimbabwe anyway.:tup::tup::tup:

Well We should call in Army or Rangers for Security as Police is not good enough for security.A single Company of SSG commandos along with HIT Armored Vehicles would be more then enough to provide good security.

Why not they make Guest rooms for players inside the Ground area( like where Ground offices are) ?

indeed realy thanks to zimbabwe for there support !!

There were rumors that PCB is buying few bullet proof busses, but I guess those were just rumors!
I think PCB should buy them for future use.

BTW Hats off to Zimbabve!

if they come its great. my sugges is remove security of ghadari and givee to them atleast they are more important for pakistan then ghadari

Well We should call in Army or Rangers for Security as Police is not good enough for security.A single Company of SSG commandos along with HIT Armored Vehicles would be more then enough to provide good security.

Hilarious!!!

Are you sure you are talking about a cricket match? :what:

Hilarious!!!

Are you sure you are talking about a cricket match? :what:
I know it's funny and it sounds as if we're sending them to Iraq for combat but really they are juicy target for terrorists and our neighbors so we should provide maximum foolproof security.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom