What's new

Zim Cricket Team Lands @ Lahore, Receives VIP Protocol & Welcome

You still could have said Black-wash would have meant same.
the word 'white wash' came into being when west indies did a clean sweep over england. We will happily call it a blackwash knowing that you wouldn't mind :-)

I will be more than happy if those issues are addressed in just a couple of years;I was only practical.As long as there are religious extremists in pak who takes up the gun for whatever cause(say for kashmir) pak will never be normal again.Because such extremist ideas spill over many other events and fields.It is extremely important for pak to give priority to modern education and reduce the influence of religion over the collective psyche of society.That takes a serious and a dedicated effort on part of many quarters of society.Even then it will take at least 15 years to see any result.Even the gun culture has to be ended;the law has to be strict on those who possess illegal weapons.For this all to happen you need somewhat selfless leaders and a constructive media.See I can go on and on picking out the things that need to be corrected for Pakistan to become a relatively peaceful country again.I am very skeptical about these many changes taking place.Pakistan would not have been in this position had they prioritized education and promoted liberal ideas in its society .

You see there is a mushroom growth in our country in every thing beyond once's wild imagination.....good and bad...even educational field is not exempted. Even if you ever have a chance to visit my country...you shall never believe your eyes..!! Religion has been the dominant part of our culture since the very beginning, but the society became religiously polarized thanks to the worst possible ever during the period of 80s...!! 9/11 incident put final nail in the coffin to be brief.
Immediate remedy would be to heal up the economy, to create employment opportunities, to generate new business incentives on the micro level, and with steady investments in the educational field...that has been started during the last couple of years. Despite all the weaknesses and anomalies ,educational sector specially in Punjab is rapidly going through the process of up-gradation. Over two and half billion dollars is being allocated for educational sector in Punjab last year. 35000 New Educators with at least 16 years of educational background have been appointed this year, along with over 1500 college level educators....Over 2000 news schools with complete infrastructure have been established during the last 7 years in Punjab only...and over 3000 old schools have been upgraded to modern standards. IT labs with modern computers have been established in over 4000 schools... ..!!
Imran Khan in KPK has the same level of focus and attention to promote educational trends and trust me, response in KPK is even better. KPK is the province of highly fertile minded people and when they equip them with education results are always fruitful...27% of budget of KPK has been just simply allocated for education...over one and a half billion dollars...and they are getting excellent results....!! Yes i confess that performance of Sindh and Baluchistan government is hopeless...but Baluchistan government is taking this issue seriously in recent times..! You will not see such information on PDF....you have to dig deeper than just over all anti Pakistan content available on media...!!

To tackle the gun culture and terrorism issue, we are fighting hard and we are getting fruitful results. It's only just a matter of time. Emerging Pakistan is part of my faith. I am seeing good times beyond all hurdles and difficulties.

Zimbabwe brings international cricket back to Pakistan
afp-zimbabwe-brings-international-cricket-back-to-pakistan.jpg
© AFP Arif AliA Pakistani ranger sets up a position outside the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore, ahead of Zimbabwe's high-stakes tour of Pakistan, on May 18, 2015

Lahore (Pakistan) (AFP) - The Zimbabwe cricket team landed in Pakistan in the early hours of Tuesday, becoming the first Test-playing nation to visit the militancy-wracked South Asian country in six years, Lahore airport officials said.

Zimbabwe are set to play two T20s and three ODIs in a mini-series under high security involving 6,000 police and constant surveillance by commandos and helicopters.

The tour is a first by a full ICC member since Sri Lanka visited in 2009, when their team bus was attacked by RPG and machine-gun wielding militants, with eight people -- six police and two civilians -- killed and seven players wounded.

Forced to host home games in neutral venues like the United Arab Emirates, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) estimates it has lost $120 million in TV rights and extra overheads.

Even hosting Zimbabwe will cost PCB more than $1 million, half of which is for the visitors' fees and expenses. Not much of the outlay will be recouped by sponsorships and gate proceeds.

An incident-free series is seen as crucial to Pakistan's hopes of ending its sporting isolation.

But risks remain high and the massacre of 45 minority Shiites in an attack on a bus in Karachi last week nearly prompted Zimbabwe to pull out at the last minute.

While the March 2009 attack on the Sri Lankans forced the long hiatus, it wasn't the first time a cricket team had been caught up in Pakistan's militant violence.

In 2002, 14 people died in a suicide blast outside a Karachi hotel as New Zealand and Pakistan prepared to leave for the second Test, prompting the tour to be abandoned.

The PCB now says it has "foolproof" security involving thousands of police to protect Zimbabwe as they shuttle between their five-star hotel and Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium.

The area around the venue will be cordoned off, with various security checkpoints for fans, and paramilitaries will watch the area around the clock with constant surveillance from rooftops and helicopters.

The players will not be allowed to leave their hotel without security and their movements will be restricted within the stadium.

"It is our first step towards the goal of reviving international cricket and we will leave nothing to chance to make this tour safe and successful," PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan told AFP.

For players like Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq -- all of whom have played more than 50 internationals -- it will be their first chance to represent Pakistan at home.

Tickets are not yet sold out, given the uncertainty surrounding whether the tour would go ahead, but officials are reporting a surge in demand.

Zimbabwe brings international cricket back to Pakistan - Business Insider

If India has a border dispute with China why Modi was in China to promote commerce, sports and civilian ties? I think you may get your answer with common sense..
Wrong comparison

You are equating Pak relations with India and that of China -- Except for petty Border dispute we have no enmity with china infact India and China cooperate on Int forums,BRICS apart from $50 ~ Chinese investment and trade.

You see there is a mushroom growth in our country in every thing beyond once's wild imagination.....good and bad...even educational field is not exempted. Even if you ever have a chance to visit my country...you shall never believe your eyes..!! Religion has been the dominant part of our culture since the very beginning, but the society became religiously polarized thanks to the worst possible ever during the period of 80s...!! 9/11 incident put final nail in the coffin to be brief.
Immediate remedy would be to heal up the economy, to create employment opportunities, to generate new business incentives on the micro level, and with steady investments in the educational field...that has been started during the last couple of years. Despite all the weaknesses and anomalies ,educational sector specially in Punjab is rapidly going through the process of up-gradation. Over two and half billion dollars is being allocated for educational sector in Punjab last year. 35000 New Educators with at least 16 years of educational background have been appointed this year, along with over 1500 college level educators....Over 2000 news schools with complete infrastructure have been established during the last 7 years in Punjab only...and over 3000 old schools have been upgraded to modern standards. IT labs with modern computers have been established in over 4000 schools... ..!!
Imran Khan in KPK has the same level of focus and attention to promote educational trends and trust me, response in KPK is even better. KPK is the province of highly fertile minded people and when they equip them with education results are always fruitful...27% of budget of KPK has been just simply allocated for education...over one and a half billion dollars...and they are getting excellent results....!! Yes i confess that performance of Sindh and Baluchistan government is hopeless...but Baluchistan government is taking this issue seriously in recent times..! You will not see such information on PDF....you have to dig deeper than just over all anti Pakistan content available on media...!!

To tackle the gun culture and terrorism issue, we are fighting hard and we are getting fruitful results. It's only just a matter of time. Emerging Pakistan is part of my faith. I am seeing good times beyond all hurdles and difficulties.
Good if that really happens you will see many Indians visiting your country...I saw some beautiful breath taking locations of Pakistan here on PDF itself...hope the day will come when I can safely visit pak.

Good if that really happens you will see many Indians visiting your country...I saw some beautiful breath taking locations of Pakistan here on PDF itself...hope the day will come when I can safely visit pak.
Even if you visit Pakistan even today, you shall be received with love and respect beyond your imagination. Ask your Sikh friends who visit every year for their religious purposes and activities.

If India was behind SL attack,what was Shahriar Khan doing in Kolkata,Is it not Shameful to ask for playing cricket with India who attacked SL team ?
its a habbit becoming very strong.. No country bring politics and serious matters in game.. lemme tell you somthing about Pakistan that if everyone in world boycotted india cuz of any ABC reason .. and india ask Pak to play with em .. i can gurantee you they will risk and come..
despite like indian's i see some indian wish Pak all the best and most of em including you just brining grudge..

If India was behind SL attack,what was Shahriar Khan doing in Kolkata,Is it not Shameful to ask for playing cricket with India who attacked SL team ?

India wants to promote relations with China although it has border dispute with China but does not even want to play cricket with Pakistan! This is India's hypocrisy. It mixes sports and politics.

Cricket Board chief in Kolkata to promote cricket ties is a normal business. After all, cricket playing countries are in it for sport, not politics.

Every other chai wala, paan wala in Karachi is a Bengali. yet Bangladesh did not help Pakistan when Pakistan need the help. Its amzaing they had had security fears!

Pakistan should stop supporting Bangladesh cricket.
With all due respect Every other chai wala, paan wala in Karachi is not Bengali He is Pakistani. So please stop this BS yet i agree That Bangladesh could have helped us But all they did was just BULL SHIT. But dont worry har eik ka din aata hai aaj un ka hai kal hamara ho ga. Than they will feel shame in themselves because we will again help them as elder brother.

Last edited:
I insist on my point. Pakistan must stop promoting or helping Bangladesh cricket. In 17 years of Test status, it has not won a Test series. In 14 years after Test status, Sri Lanka won the World Cup!

If India has a border dispute with China why Modi was in China to promote commerce, sports and civilian ties? I think you may get your answer with common sense..
Common sense o_O Come on its not even close to indians. Some times i think it should be "Common sense is not common in indian." Instead of "Common sense is not common in common people."

Congratulation and all the best for both the teams... :-):-) ...hope in near future other teams will start to visit pakistan....
Thanks mate for wishing even indians are way better then kangladeshis :-D :-D

Best match for you is Kenya and Zimbabwe. Keep on playing with them to compete us :lol: After a decade Inshallah.
HAHAHA Come on if i show you stats boy you will rather enjoy putting you face in commode and gargle all day long, So plz STFU :rofl:

Why Bangladeshis talking trash after beating Pakistan since Pakistan gave them a gift ODI win in 1998/9 world cup.
They are just thankless kids who don't know that time always changes. But dont worry about these small shitty matters we have whole series to enjoy in Pakistan. Don't spoil these moments because of these thankless kids who dont know that they were nothing in cricket if we didn't gave them that chance.

we are playing india next :sniper:
Well you put the wrong smiley let me correct it :suicide: or :suicide2: ok now its correct.

Back
Top Bottom