What's new

Zia ul Haq's Warning - Still Relevant Today?

well ziaul haq was a muhajir and so is imran khan,you can see a video of him on youtube saying so.But yes we do need a dynamic leader to rescue us.imran khan is not a bad option if the rural masses support him.Musharraf well he made some wrong decisions who knows he emerges as a future leader.but my faith in the current setup is dim,we need something on the lines of egypt!

Oh it is very very relevant.
Gen Zia was a man who defeated and ruined USSR/ USA's plans for the region and at the same time he had the Indians under his thumb.

If only we could have another one.

the only thing he destroyed in pakistan and its cultural social atmosphere .. and that too almost permanently . :argh:

Pakistan needs another leader like General Zia ul Haq. Someone who can look straight in the eye of the superpower and is not afraid to tell it the way it is. Someone who wont be bullied by a superpower. Someone who will place Pakistan's strategic interests first.

I believe only a Punjabi (such as General Zia Ul Haq) or a Pakhtoon leader (such as Imran Khan) can do this. Not Sindhis (Bhuttos/Zardaris) or Mohajirs (Musharraf) who bow down to their gora masters.

the great divide of pakistan on display and u people question us?

on topic, i think pakistan lost its secularist culture under zia. he was a brilliant leader i agree but certain changes he brought out permanently changed image of pakistan.

Pakistan needs another leader like General Zia ul Haq. Someone who can look straight in the eye of the superpower and is not afraid to tell it the way it is. Someone who wont be bullied by a superpower. Someone who will place Pakistan's strategic interests first.

I believe only a Punjabi (such as General Zia Ul Haq) or a Pakhtoon leader (such as Imran Khan) can do this. Not Sindhis (Bhuttos/Zardaris) or Mohajirs (Musharraf) who bow down to their gora masters.

Actually Zia Ul Haq and the guy who got you independence are also Muhajirs.

Mr. "Premium Member",can you enlighten us about how did you create a link between ethinicity and leadership qualities?? :hang2:
Anyways, can anyone share how powerful Mr. Imran Khan is in current Pakistani political scenario??

Main strategy designed in US, Zia was only like Vazeer on Chess board against USSR. We don't need Zia type generals. We want stability but not war to fill pockets with $$$$ and let own people died in counter attacks or Blasts.

What's the difference between Zia & Musharraf, a little. Same strategy, why you differentiate between ethnic groups, remember all Pakistanis and nothing more. Ethnic valued never decide personal development, or effect over personal decision power. It depends who care for his country more than his personal interests.

Both converted Pakistan into mess and nothing more.

You are here talking about his advertised qualities but never looked into reality behind closed door conversations.

You don't know how many bucks played and he stands and make NAARA against USSR, our poor citizens fell into emotional NAARA & we still suffered from it.

Ayub Khan provided Pishawar base for American U-2, so Russian never forgot till 1971, Zia is brought into hysteria that USSR WILL EAT PAKISTAN, why ZIA didn't talk with soviet leaders when in Afghanistan government had changed? We could by pass from war to tackle with problems by negotiations at that moment but
WE ARE EMOTIONAL THAN REALISTIC. Most important $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You know what happened in OJHARI CAMP BLAST? You know how many families suffered from their inhuman policies? Ask them who lost their child? Or may be you still want to say that We need one more ZIA????????

DV Rules,

It would have been so nice, had you given some thought about what you were saying ....
Learn the facts, and comment objectively.

To every one:
All of you can openly criticize Gen Zia's policies,
however it is professional to criticize some thing and compare it to what is better.
This shows that the person who is criticizing has the mental capability and knowledge to criticize.

It's been almost 2 decades, every one is criticizing but has any one been able to even suggest an alternate to what Gen Zia did ... and have you been able to weigh the pro and cons of that.

Now coming to what the Indian members have been saying regarding culture and secular and what ever.
Pakistan was not, and is not secular, it is not even in the road map.

As a Muslim, Gen Zia was responsible for leading his people to Islam, and he did that.

PS: Mohajir is any one, who even after migrating and adopting Pakistani Nationality retains and propagates Indian values, and tries to impose Indian values.

I ain't sufficed that Russians [Soviets] ever wanted to takeover Pakistan; such is much clear in the present case[USA]

Mr. Zia's warnings seem apt during the Soviet war which you volunteered to assist the Americans with. But attempting a similar feat especially now would have needless and serious repurcussions against the Pakistani state.
& I think that what US had in mind when they prompted us into the so called Jihad against the Soviets. I mean our forefathers never got the gist of US conspiracy that had Soviets been dismantled; there will only be ONE superpower for no-one to challenge

DV Rules,

It would have been so nice, had you given some thought about what you were saying ....
Learn the facts, and comment objectively.

To every one:
All of you can openly criticize Gen Zia's policies,
however it is professional to criticize some thing and compare it to what is better.
This shows that the person who is criticizing has the mental capability and knowledge to criticize.

It's been almost 2 decades, every one is criticizing but has any one been able to even suggest an alternate to what Gen Zia did ... and have you been able to weigh the pro and cons of that.

Now coming to what the Indian members have been saying regarding culture and secular and what ever.
Pakistan was not, and is not secular, it is not even in the road map.

As a Muslim, Gen Zia was responsible for leading his people to Islam, and he did that.

PS: Mohajir is any one, who even after migrating and adopting Pakistani Nationality retains and propagates Indian values, and tries to impose Indian values.

Well i didn't find answer and if you are not agree with my post then give me detail what he did & what result we have.

Well i didn't find answer and if you are not agree with my post then give me detail what he did & what result we have.

sooo... you are hoping I would help you improve your research and analytical skills

Back
Top Bottom