What's new

Zhuhai "Airshow China 2016"

An the assumption thinking aircraft will turn up lesser than army equipment in an airshow ,is a absurd in the first place!

By going along with a weak assumption that lack of fighter appear later than last even event will turn this airshow into army show, aren't you trying to sing the same tune?

Deino, bragging abt PLAAF link Chinese aerospace writer using his assessment definitely can do better in expecting the turn out of this event, right?

Yes, you can. But I doubt it will sell anything during the airshow other than wasting booth money :enjoy:

You are surprising me more and more::omghaha:

All I said: last show the aircraft arrived one week in advance and if they follow a similar scheduled they will this year too !! No word on Army vehicles, not even a relation to the other post ... and You once again deduct my inability to analyze ! Indeed a phantastic conclusion. :cuckoo:

But back to topic

Aircraft performing both flight and static display usually arrived first, one week or so ahead of opening day because they have to rehearse and get themselves familiarize with the local condition (wind, visibility etc).
For the US Thunderbirds...

https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/airshow/military/media/Thundbirds_Support_Manual_2016.pdf
Chapter 18

Timetables

1. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

a. The Thunderbird Air Show Events Coordinator will send you a draft of the Thunderbird Itinerary approximately 60 days prior to the show. Review the itinerary and subsequent drafts to ensure accuracy. The itinerary is extremely important. It is the document that drives the schedule for 60+ personnel at your site. Double check scheduled flight times with the air boss for your show.

b. Arrival days and times are determined at the beginning of each year. Normally, for a weekend show (Saturday and Sunday), the Advance Pilot and Crew Chief will arrive at your show site on Wednesday (time to be determined); the support aircraft (normally a C-17) will arrive on Thursday (one hour prior to the F- 16s), followed by the F-16s. F-16 arrival times are guidelines only, and may vary according to specific needs.

General F-16 arrival times are:
(1) Eastern Time - 3 PM (1500 hrs)
(2) Central Time - 2 PM (1400 hrs)
(3) Mountain Time - 1 PM (1300 hrs)
(4) Pacific Time - 1 PM (1300 hrs)
Weather can change from day to day.

Every demo team can change on the fly to compensate for less than optimum cloud ceiling, aka 'shitty weather', in other words, for the US T-birds, the lead pilot -- Thunderbird 1 -- can utter a coded phrase and the entire flight will change its demo flight for that day, even after takeoff. Maneuvers that require altitude above cloud ceiling will not be performed. What good those maneuvers if the crowd cannot see them ?

These modified shows are called 'flat demos'...

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/8598200-74/airshow-weather-airport
The Hornets have three shows with high, low and flat maneuvers that can change depending on the terrain and the weather, he said.

“(The jet's commanding officer will) make adjustments on the fly, and since they've been flying together so long, they know the inflections and his tone,” Bachtold said. “He can actually change the way the demo's going just by his voice.”
The demos that are most dependent upon advance weather intelligence are the parachutists.

Remember, as the man is falling under a canopy, and I have done that recreationally many yrs ago, he is at the complete mercy of the local weather. He has no power. He can only go down.

If demo teams from other countries need several days or one week to prepare...

VT-4, 5 MBT
ec2iMKv.jpg
pXvGEsA.jpg
G2TPQuf.jpg
emEzFI6.jpg
E12q8wX.jpg
ftEH0zH.jpg
qf54p5v.jpg
Yb3K1R9.jpg
are there any airplanes involved in this AIRSHOW?

If You would read the comments following Your first post You would know ....

https://defence.pk/threads/zhuhai-airshow-china-2016.456208/page-4#post-8839270
seeing is believing.. all I see is ground hardware.. tanks tanks and more tanks .. armour vehicles support vehciles and more vehicles
and wait there is one or two guest photos of J20 that may or may not be related to this roadshow

I have been to airshows .. In farnbourgh for example there was no such case where ground vehicles beat the aircraft 1 to 50. in fact the only vehicle I saw there was an ice cream van

I think its name show be defence show.. which will be more appropriate

Wait a momemt: it has been stated more than one that the airshow begins only 9 days on November 1., that's more than enough to fly in all participating aircraft. Why they already bring in or brought the vehicles? I don't know, but there must be a reason.

However only since the aircraft are not yet there to question this show's name is a bit off. So when the 1. November has arrived and no aircraft are there ... then You are right.

You seem to be even more impatient than me ??? Don't You?

Deino

Wait a momemt: it has been stated more than one that the airshow begins only 9 days on November 1., that's more than enough to fly in all participating aircraft. Why they already bring in or brought the vehicles? I don't know, but there must be a reason.

However only since the aircraft are not yet there to question this show's name is a bit off. So when the 1. November has arrived and no aircraft are there ... then You are right.

You seem to be even more impatient than me ??? Don't You?

Deino

If you check the show map that I posted earlier, you will notice Hall 8 and Hall 9. This is where land vehicles are being brought in.

The decoration and exhibiting outfit is time consuming intérior design task that takes from days to a week or two to complete depending on complexities like audio video, power cable and data link étc étc, that is why all those tanks etc have to be moved in at this time.

Aircraft on static display, on the other hand, need only half to one däy to complete their exhibit outfit. They will just fly in, park on the concrete pavement, put out information placards and put fence around the aircraft. They have sufficient time even if they fly in on the evening of October 31st. Exceptions are acrobatic display teams which I has explained earlier.

Finally, there is the huge Avîation and aerospace exhibition hall (refer to show map in posting #49) for indoor exhibit related to aircraft. This hall is several times bigger than hall 8 and 9 which housed land vehicles and related weapons.

Last edited:
Any name for these and their roles?? Looks Interesting

In Love with the Camo

3PTQs50.jpg

900x600_C3LFJUD954TD0001.jpg

900x600_C3LFKAVM54TD0001.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom