What's new

Zero birth rate by 2030 : Pledges Khaleda

Where did you guys get my picture?

That's you? :blink:

Congrats, you are famous :yahoo:

On a serious note, BKZ was talking about population growth of 0% obviously as some already pointed out. 2030 is a possibility. I would even like to see negative population growth, as we have a small land for our huge population. Bangladesh needs to increase its HDI index by improving quality of human beings, not the size of our population. To do that we need to ensure proper nutrition starting with baby's mother, then infant and early childhood, which are critical for brain development. Once the first 6-8 years are passed, the brain remains stunted for life. I am afraid this is the situation in most poor countries of the world, where undernourishment affects productivity and creativity of the work force.

I once spoke to a well-renowned banker in Bangladesh.

He said that the root of Bangladesh's problems are not its politicians, but it is the massive population. Supporting such a huge population is a tremendous task. Hence, there is inefficiency and corruption.

And what's more, Bangladesh is a small country with meager resources (and even if there are, no one utilizes them). Most of the population are unskilled people.

It is a miracle that the country with all the political instability and population, it is somehow running! But overall, Bangladesh has better improvement in some areas like infant mortality relative to a wealthier and a more powerful India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom