What's new

Zardari's dream: China, Pakistan sans frontiers.

DarK-LorD

BANNED
Reaction score
Saibal Dasgupta, TNN | Sep 3, 2011, 07.22AM IST

BEIJING: Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari on Friday said he dreamt of a day when Chinese and Pakistanis could travel between the two countries without passports.

Zardari is in China to mend relations with the "allweather friend" after officials in Xinjiang blamed Pakistan for being the source of arms and training for separatists . He celebrated Eid in the Muslim majority province as part of Islamabad's efforts to placate Beijing and visited a local mosque in Urumqi along with his son Bilawal and daughter Asifa.

"I have a great dream that Chinese can travel to Pakistan without a passport and Pakistanis can travel to China without passports," he said in an interview to a Chinese TV channel. He said Pakistan wants to be the connecting route for crude oil supply to China from across the world. "We are looking at energy coming to China through us."
Zardari's comments are understood to have come after consultation with Chinese officials and reflect his confidence about the success of his mission to Xinjiang.

Chinese media reported that the Chinese government had approved Zardari's recent speech at Urunqi's EuroAsia trade fair.

So you mean the whole of EU countries have acceded into each other eh? Bhutan has acceded to India, as well as nepal. Vatican has acceded into italy?

Buddy, read the chain first.. Someone said, might as well annex.. I corrected him by saying if he meant Acceed.. Rafi said Why not? and then I said you mean why not accede (with a surprised icon)...

Buddy, read the chain first.. Someone said, might as well annex.. I corrected him by saying if he meant Acceed.. Rafi said Why not? and then I said you mean why not accede (with a surprised icon)...

Amber if two countries decide to enact no-visa border - does not mean the accede, and how exactly does this concern india.

Saibal Dasgupta, TNN | Sep 3, 2011, 07.22AM IST

BEIJING: Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari on Friday said he dreamt of a day when Chinese and Pakistanis could travel between the two countries without passports.

Zardari is in China to mend relations with the "allweather friend" after officials in Xinjiang blamed Pakistan for being the source of arms and training for separatists . He celebrated Eid in the Muslim majority province as part of Islamabad's efforts to placate Beijing and visited a local mosque in Urumqi along with his son Bilawal and daughter Asifa.

"I have a great dream that Chinese can travel to Pakistan without a passport and Pakistanis can travel to China without passports," he said in an interview to a Chinese TV channel. He said Pakistan wants to be the connecting route for crude oil supply to China from across the world. "We are looking at energy coming to China through us."
Zardari's comments are understood to have come after consultation with Chinese officials and reflect his confidence about the success of his mission to Xinjiang.

Chinese media reported that the Chinese government had approved Zardari's recent speech at Urunqi's EuroAsia trade fair.

It is a great idea.

However, it can be done only if the Uighurs are calmed down and there is no suspicious as to from where the terrorism in Xinjaing emanates.

Amber if two countries decide to enact no-visa border - does not mean the accede, and how exactly does this concern india.

It does not mean that.. That's why my surprised post when you said "why not"

It does not mean that.. That's why my surprised post when you said "why not"

you misunderstood, my suggestion to why not, was AZ suggestion to visa free border, hope that sorts it out.

I dont think for the whole of China however for the resistive region of Xinjian, it will be very benefitial to have cross border travel without much documentation hassle. It will address the so called muslim greviences and promot co-op on both sides to reduce violence

I think we should take it as a very Long term "brotherhood" like relationship and it is 100% possible and near to reality..
long live pak china friendship :pakistan: :china:

---self delete---

'cause Jesus told me not to flame :tup:

Zardari is planning to give 10 % of indian territory to china in gilgit and Baltistan for this to happen !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom