What's new

Z10(ME?) In South Punjab

Operational assessments! Pak's been testing these for a few years now.
After first field tests Pakistan 🇵🇰 made a few recommendations. Maybe latest tests are with those recommendations 🤔

After first field tests Pakistan 🇵🇰 made a few recommendations. Maybe latest tests are with those recommendations 🤔

My understanding is that 3-4 years ago during Raddul Fassad, we provided critical enhancement options to the Chinese as we used these heli's in COIN / CAS ops. The Chinese including those proposed modifications into their design and that resulted in the "ME" version.
I believe I noticed a few armored plate covers around machine gun, chains, hydraulics, (not mentioning sensor upgrades and software), that weren't there in pics 3-4 years ago. So yes, you are right.

Last edited:
Yes, old ones. It's one of those 3 which were sent to be tested by Pakistan. Pakistan liked them than but didn't love them. Z-10 ME will be a different ball game now.

My understanding is that every 3-4 years ago during Raddul Fassad, we provided critical enhancement options to the Chinese as we used these heli's in COIN / CAS ops and they including those proposed modifications into their design. I believe I noticed a few armored plate covers around machine gun, chains, hydraulics, etc, that weren't there in pics 3-4 years ago. So yes, you are right.
It was unveiled in September 2018 that an export version (Z-10ME) has been developed at Changhe with much improved electronics (including new IFF, mast mounted MMW search radar, laser DIRCM turrets on top of stub wings, multiple rectangular shaped ESM antennas and MMW missile approaching warning phased array radar antennas mounted along the lower fuselage), more armor protection, a bigger ammunition magazine in the nose, a new weapons package including CM-502KG ATGM, redesigned engine air intakes with particle separating mesh and more powerful engines (WZ-9G? 1,200kw class). So far two prototypes were built. It was reported in February 2020 that Pakistani Army has shown a serious interest in Z-10ME (dubbed Z-10MP?) after the Turkish T129 attack helicopter deal was jeopardized. The latest rumor (July 2022) suggested that the initial delivery could start in early 2023.

Back
Top Bottom