What's new

Z10 evaluation finally ended

If Z-10 was short on expectations, I am sure China can meet where you want to take it. They have technology, infrastructure, resources and reason to support you. Be part of Z-10 program for the next 10 years and have JF-Z10 made out of it.
its not that easy brother... not 100% could parts could ever be manufactured here of any sophisticated machine, developing a outstanding machine is one thing. we need quality. look at india they even fall short after spending so much on their indigenous planes and choppers

Better to induct Atak 1 and Atak 2, rather than Atak 1 and Z10

Manufacturing Atak-I section under ToT agreement with TAI-PAC along with avionic/electronics will automatically bring opportunities to do similar things for Atak-2 helicopters in mid and long term. TAI is planning a long term win-win agreement with 30 Atak helicopters. I think When the negotiations finalized and signatures put on contracts, Pakistan will have received a satisfactory ToT and Joint production capability for T-129 Atak. Atak-2 will raise the level of cooperation perfect level for Pakistani defence industry in mid/long term solution. Industrial cooperation will pay off the total amount of deals, especially If Pakistan receives offset to manufacture additional section for other export markets.

Last edited:
With the recent trump tirade against pakistan and banning security assistance and withholding equipment, we need a serious thought abt having american stuff or equipment having some critical american tech, like engines. T129s have the heart made in the usa i.e- engine. Same goes for Zulus provided we get them in the first place.

3 years testing a platform is a big time period which suggests the seriousness of us in the platform. Improvements were made during testing also, but again engine is where the z10 lost. But i see this platform as a future critical thing for us if we want to be sanction proof.

because armies dont counter copter for copter.
it might be true in case of MBTs where you will field an MBT to counter it (along with any other ground or air counters).

unless our military has a need or role for a heavy copter. we wont buy one and that buy is not driven by what kind of copter India has. Indian heavy gunship will be countered with ground fire or PAF jets (or counter anything that India will field to cover their heavy gunships or counter our counters and so on..).
Why are attack helicopters not bieng phased out by countries with the advent of MALE n HALE attck drones?

T129 is a good helicopter, congratulation! On the other hand, we will keep improving Z10.
There is nothing the chinese cannot do.

Trials lasted for 3 years wow thats some time. I just want to know why they were not the best of the machines, what are the pros & cons of WZ10.

I believe PA is searching for something equivalent to heavy weight AH1Z Super Cobra which Pakistan have bought from US.

In my opinion Pakistan & Russia should work put something here & both M128NM & KA50 or KA52 should be tested by PA, I hope it happens.

All long the trial, all input from PAA was incorporated into the Z 10.
After the trials it has been taken back for further improvements. After all the improvements have been incorporated n the engine replaced by an uprated engine. We will all see the return of Z10.

U think Z10 flying in the PAA fly past on 23rd march was just a joke. Those writing of Z10 do so on their on peril

All long the trial, all input from PAA was incorporated into the Z 10.
After the trials it has been taken back for further improvements. After all the improvements have been incorporated n the engine replaced by an uprated engine. We will all see the return of Z10.

U think Z10 flying in the PAA fly past on 23rd march was just a joke. Those writing of Z10 do so on their on peril
Pakistan is an important window for China to understand western produced weapons. I always appreciate it and value it.

Z-10 is never designed to work in hot and high altitude south asia weather. The engines of WZ-10 lost too much power, so the plane didn't perform well in Pakistan. Upgrade Z-10 needed time, and Pakistan need those Heli badly. It's OK you guys buy Mi-35 or T-129.

Mi-24 also gave problems to IA at high altitudes. Mi-17 was used in gunship role as replacement.

Hi china has made some big agreements with France regarding aviation industry also
Hopefully may be some engine commonly will be adjustable with these agreements
Thx

The other aspect is if under T129 the likes of Aselsan, Havelsan, Roketsan, etc set-up shop in Pakistan they might use Pakistani suppliers to implement the PA order. The overall idea is to have as much of the procurement money as possible spent within Pakistan.

No body in Pakistan thinks that far..... T-129 must have had triumphed in trials.

Hi china has made some big agreements with France regarding aviation industry also
Hopefully may be some engine commonly will be adjustable with these agreements
Thx
Type 16 Turboshaft engine: 1600HP

The other name: Ardiden III

Both France and German are potential friends that can work with, totally different with USA.

After we gain French TOT, we can tailor-make an engine for T129. Means tri-lateral cooperation.

A more powerful Z10 will come into sight as well. More loads will be carried and thicker the armor will be.

:china::pakistan::toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:

We shall notice that France is not a member of NATO, a huge advantage to do business with.

Type 16 Turboshaft engine: 1600HP

The other name: Ardiden III

Both France and German are potential friends that can work with, totally different with USA.

After we gain French TOT, we can tailor-make an engine for T129. Means tri-lateral cooperation.

A more powerful Z10 will come into sight as well. More loads will be carried and thicker the armor will be.

:china::pakistan::toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:

We shall notice that France is not a member of NATO, a huge advantage to do business with.
I can't wait for China's actual heavyweight attack helicopter (i.e. Mi-28NE/AH-64E-class).

Back
Top Bottom