What's new

Z-20 Utility Helicopter News & Discussions

No. 637 Vs No.632 last year
000642fqajq5q6gfr10wq6.jpg

Likelihood of entering LRIP this year?:D

Likelihood of entering LRIP this year?:D
I think AVIC already has LRIP ability given Z20 was seemed already under the Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) by American standard. My reasons are: 1) not many Z20 prototype testing photos available, so its development maybe much faster than J20 given it is based on existing proven technology;2)its proposed engine is more readily available compared to J20; 3) since IOT&W is better being carried on jointly with PLA in the real harsh environment like Helongjiang and Tibet, thus normal civilians didn't have many chances to spot it;4) if take Y20 as a reference, then Z20 should have a similar timeline to enter the service.

Zoom in your picture and see the rare landing gear.
Z-20 has half covered landing gear and in the picture you posted, its bare.
In short, its BLACK-HAWK.

Z-20+fuselage++s70+uh60+helicopter+Chinese+Army+%2528PLA%2529+Black+Hawk+Helicopters+nh-90+underdevelopment+Z-20+Medium+Lift+Utility+Helicopter.+export+iran+pakistan+pl+army+%25283%2529.jpg
What is a black hawk doing following that Chinese helicopter in the front? What am i missing?

The most obvious tell sign is the tail rotor. Take note of it at left or right. Cnleio is correct. That is a Z-20.
It seems to be on the RIGHT side of the helicopter in below picture. So?
142331ldhttgj3pi34xzgx-jpg.180506

Its same for both Black hawk and Z20. :(

PLA has been operating S-70C-2 Blackhawk for more thn 30 years.

It is not surprise a new helicopter is built based on blackhawk but certainly not a carbon copy of Blackhawk, rather it is an improvement design based on blackhawk with different advance features like new rotor blades, avionics etc. If you compare in details, a lot differences will be spotted.

A design based on Blackhawk was choosen because of PLA's 30 years experience operating this type of helicopter in highland environment like in Tibet.

Other advantages are its low height is suitable for station this type of helicopter in hangars of current PLAN destroyers and frigates. Another point is its easy maintenance over Russian designed helicopters.

20121018041628428.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom