What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

Contract signed already? T-129 is a good heli, will Turkey offer TOT?

Not sure .. although during PPP govt ... (during gillanis visit to turkey) he announcing geting the helis with tot.. but it failed bcoz of $$ issues... but now army wants abt 2 sqds ASAP.. so im hopeful.

Chinese Attack Helicopter WZ-10 Launches First Air-To-Air Missile

China’s first self-developed modern military attack helicopter WZ-10 has launched its first air-to-air missile and successfully intercepted low-altitude targets.

The WZ-10, meaning “armed helicopter”, carried out the launch during a live-fire drill involving army aviation troops of the People’s Liberation Army in the eastern waters off south China’s Guangdong Province last week.

The drill, which was also the largest-scale activity held to study combat methods since the building up of the aviation troops, conducted six operations, covering fire, close fire support, special assaults, airlanding at the wing side, fire interception and move by leapfrogging.

The WZ-10 is designed primarily for anti-tank missions and was first seen in public at the 9th China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition in the southern city of Zhuhai in Guangdong in 2012.

Chinese Attack Helicopter WZ-10 Launches First Air-To-Air Missile | Ottawa Citizen

Yes china can sell FC-20 but not a gunship... besides Pak army is more interested in Turkish T-129 ATAK... there are talks of procuring 2 sqds..

Unless the Turks decide to replace the T-129 powerplants and other US components, PA will be hesitant to buy the heli. Best bet is to go for a heli from a reliable nations to sanction proof the potential fleet.

I'm probably wrong because this is just my hunch, but from what I can tell, PA may already be in talks with China to provide PA with a modified version of the WZ-10. China may actually agree, as it wants to badly test out it's system in actual combat. The current anti-terrorism operations in Pakistan (where PA is using it's fleet of cobras heavily) would greatly benefit China's R&D capability, and in return, Pakistan would get a fleet of attack helis.

Unless the Turks decide to replace the T-129 powerplants and other US components, PA will be hesitant to buy the heli. Best bet is to go for a heli from a reliable nations to sanction proof the potential fleet.

I'm probably wrong because this is just my hunch, but from what I can tell, PA may already be in talks with China to provide PA with a modified version of the WZ-10. China may actually agree, as it wants to badly test out it's system in actual combat. The current anti-terrorism operations in Pakistan (where PA is using it's fleet of cobras heavily) would greatly benefit China's R&D capability, and in return, Pakistan would get a fleet of attack helis.

WZ-10 is busy filling up the order of PLA and PLAN. It will takes at least another 2 years before export is possible.

WZ-10 is busy filling up the order of PLA and PLAN. It will takes at least another 2 years before export is possible.

Considering the current economic status for Pakistan, I don't think Pakistan is in a rush to buy new weapons systems, so it can afford to wait 5 more years if it has to.

Considering the current economic status for Pakistan, I don't think Pakistan is in a rush to buy new weapons systems, so it can afford to wait 5 more years if it has to.
I think PA should wait until WZ10 gets more matured. Money is always the problem, but Pakistan-China weapon trade is an unique example in the world.

Pakistan is China's peaceful version of "Israel".

Z-10s flying and arriving en masse in Tianjin for Airshow:

162311dnay1y422h6cz26c.jpg.thumb.jpg

162350d1pup0spsiom007s.jpg.thumb.jpg

I think PA should wait until WZ10 gets more matured. Money is always the problem, but Pakistan-China weapon trade is an unique example in the world.

PA can wait, There is no hurry when there is no money already PA ordered AH-1Z that might be delivered if relations with US gets better...it is not available not before 2015 so it might be more realistic around 2017-2018

WZ-10 might receive better Armor and upgrades by 2017-2018 that's our hope. From price point between WZ-10 and T-129...the Turkish Gunship is atleast $8m expensive.

When is it going to get wz16 engines and mmw radar upgrade?

Official source said WZ-16 turbo shaft engine will be inducted at year 2014, mmw radar will be installed after WZ16 operational for WZ10.

PA can wait, There is no hurry when there is no money already PA ordered AH-1Z that might be delivered if relations with US gets better...it is not available not before 2015 so it might be more realistic around 2017-2018

WZ-10 might receive better Armor and upgrades by 2017-2018 that's our hope. From price point between WZ-10 and T-129...the Turkish Gunship is atleast $8m expensive.

T-129 is too expensive to be affordable, wait for WZ10 with wz16 engine and mmr.

T-129 is too expensive to be affordable, wait for WZ10 with wz16 engine and mmr.

Unfortunately GOP and military top brass have people inside who always want equipment from certain nations even at higher prices with bribes/kickback like in F-16C/D purchase $250m dollars kickback were involved which were removed in contract by AVM Shahid Latif which had cost him his position to become Air Chief and was retired he is also the initiator of JF-17 program.

So I am personally skeptical if PA would pick Z-10 or even thoroughly evaluate but lets hope.

Back
Top Bottom