What's new

Youtube to be unblocked in 24 hours, tweets Malik

12-29-2012_81620_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has ordered PTA to block video sharing website Youtube once again after it was briefly restored on Saturday.

The decision to block Youtube was made after the clips of the anti-Islam film could still be viewed on the website. According to the PTA all Internet Service Providers (ISPs)had blocked the website.

Earlier on Saturday, PTA lifted the ban on Youtube.

In a tweet last night, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Youtube would be restored within 24 hours. “There was a great demand to unblock Youtube,” Malik tweeted.

The video sharing website had been blocked after violent protests over the posting of an anti-Islam film.

Speaking to Geo News, DG PTA said talks were underway with Google to remove blasphemous content from Youtube.

Prior to this, Youtube has been blocked in Pakistan in 2008 and 2010

WTF.......unBlock to block what a joke by Govt Pak

Good decision..
If google doesnt want to to listen to Gop's requests,they should remain banned..
They earn 500million USD from Pakistan and yet ignoring GOP.

it's like internet is full of such crap content which is highlighted in this issues, then if that is the case , close the internet in Pakistan and provide free AKZ to us please. I could have used the videos from youtube in my final project just as for reference base understanding back then but it was more important to satisfy mullaz egoz, but anyways I still scored well Thank
God.

it's like internet is full of such crap content which is highlighted in this issues, then if that is the case , close the internet in Pakistan and provide free AKZ to us please. I could have used the videos from youtube in my final project just as for reference base understanding back then but it was more important to satisfy mullaz egoz, but anyways I still scored well Thank
God.

Your addiction to youtube sounds worse than cocain..
You are willing to go kill people asking for Kalashinkov...
Shameful and messed up...

Your addiction to youtube sounds worse than cocain..
You are willing to go kill people asking for Kalashinkov...
Shameful and messed up...

lol no I dont really need youtube now but If you can justify this wrong "it's like internet is full of such crap content which is highlighted in this issues, then if that is the case , close the internet in Pakistan" then I can justify AKZ part aswell

there are so many tutorials and videos available on youtube which both students and even professionals refer to from time to time, what this stupid goverment is doing is effectively reducing performance and efficiency of a lot of people ... that's my usage of youtube i dont know about others ... i am ******* pissed

From the very first step the approach to deal with this problem was faulty.And now the government is acting like a teenage girl,undecided and confused about how to get out of this mess.

Pakistani youth are messed up..
Evident from the anger shown on blockage of a 'website'.
I wonder how many will commit suicide if internet gets blocked.

Maybe PM was busy in Larkana when Rehman Baba tweeted the news, hence failed to take notice yesterday!!!

This shows how much independent Rehman Malik has become, and the lack of communication between PM and Rehman Malik/MoI.

who ever thinks it's right way to a solution, then justify this wrong "it's like internet is full of such crap content which is highlighted in this issues, then if that is the case , close the internet in Pakistan"

Back
Top Bottom