What's new

Your favorite posters on PDF

From my interaction, he is just plain rude and incapable of an actual conversation without throwing an insult at you.

Well I am not here to psycho-analyse members...he has been polite and measured with me and I find his conversations interesting. Sometimes it depends on the topics you engage people on I guess.

Well I am not here to psycho-analyse members...he has been polite and measured with me and I find his conversations interesting. Sometimes it depends on the topics you engage people on I guess.

Perhaps, or maybe he just doesn't like me :lol:

Elders are often like that, they are not so flexible in the quick opinions they form about people sometimes.

Old people are usually nice and polite from my experience, oh well, there's a first for everything I guess.

nobody mentioned @Oscar
He is a tough taskmaster but probably one of the best Gentleman on this forum.
Whatever little interactions, i've had with him are very pleasant.
Also @MilSpec . I can say the same about him.

For technical discussions on flying machines, they are resident authorities here.

I was not planning to say anything on this thread, beyond the odd snigger or a chuckle or two, but this is important.

Oscar is one of my icons. He goes beyond my obsession with the letter of an argument, into the spirit, and I value his inputs as a humanising influence. He brought home to me, in a few sardonic but not unkind sentences, that facts too have their context; what a professional historian describes as the historiography of a certain subject or a school of history. He does not suffer fools gladly - why should he? why should anyone? - but he has always had the time to explain to someone plainly floundering.

He is far beyond being one of the gentlemen on this forum (comparing gentlemen to one another and presuming to rate them is odious); he is a great human being.

Oscar is basically the pakistani version of Joe Shearer hehe.

I got kicked by him a cpl times...but its a good learning experience more than anything seeing his posts in various threads.

I wish!

Just realized i've been posting here for over 3 years now, And have come across many a character, Most highly nationalists for obvious reasons of being a defense forum, Some religious conservative nuts (Mostly Pakistani) Some very dense college kids (Mainly Indians from my experience), And obviously some very mature sane intellectual posters from all the countries represented

These are the blokes/ladies who i have got along pretty well.. And found to be most agreeable with..

Who are yours ?

Pakistani - @waz , @Armstrong

Indian - @Nilgiri , @Joe Shearer @nair

Chinese - @Shotgunner51 , @AndrewJin

Turkish - @xenon54

Japanese - @Nihonjin

Bangladeshi - @Anubis

Burmese - @Aung Zaya

Lankans - @Azizam , @Saradiel
Mine Favourite Posters are @GURU DUTT @Tipu7 @The Eagle & @Viper0011

thread of official
hqdefault.jpg