What's new

Your favorite laptop?

Which is your favorite laptop?

• Total voters
I voted other..

I recently took ownership of a gaming laptop from MSI.

MSI is probably most well known for their motherboards, But they also make very good laptops.

Microsoft Surface laptop. Nice keyboard. Compact. Fast. The excellent screen that is NOT FREAKING 16:9. That's a good aspect of movies. It sucks for working on. Good sound. Just altogether well thought out. My Lenovo T580 is faster with more storage. And less money. But the Surface (microsoft laptop price in pakistan) is just nicer to use.

xps for sure (I’ve bought like 20 xps 15’s over the years for the family)

either that or m1 macbook

lenovo is next in line

then the rest of the chinese brands for gaming

Last edited:
Thinkpad X or T serials with AMD inside.

Wait for Apple M2 chip based Macbook Pros(16 inch will be better)
Nothing will be more efficient and will provides loads of CPU GPU power to run most of AAA titles on higher FPS 100+

Last edited:
I have a few laptops including an HP Elitebook G2, Lenovo Yoga 6, Lenovo Thinkpad T480s, Dell XPS 15.

The best performer is actually my desktop with a Ryzen 7 chip😀

I have a few laptops including an HP Elitebook G2, Lenovo Yoga 6, Lenovo Thinkpad T480s, Dell XPS 15.

The best performer is actually my desktop with a Ryzen 7 chip😀

I’m still very happy with my MSI laptop, But desktop parts definitely have a much better value.

Thinkpad X or T serials with AMD inside.

I am waiting for lenovo to release their full range of AMD based thinkpads before pulling the trigger to get a new laptop. The build quality and reliability of any Thinkpad is second to none ..

HP compaq core2duo, recently upgraded to SSD and processor thermal paste, plan to push it another 10 years . Ran different OS, initially win7 than various linux distro and once free-bsd, now settled in debian stable

Anyone managed to get hold of those new Framework upgradable laptops?

Huawei matebook x pro.

however, as my workload gets more intense, the older generation intel processors just don’t cut it.

as of right now I use a surface laptop 2 and hate it. It’s slow, broken and just crappy in general so I bought the new M1 iPad Pro and use that now as a daily. It’s ok, not ideal but will tide me over for the next month at which point I’ll either throw money at a new pc build or get a more powerful laptop, or both.

Anyone managed to get hold of those new Framework upgradable laptops?

Not available here in the UK yet - but are in the USA and Canada. Lookforward to getting one to support the concept of repairable laptops !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom