What's new

Your favorite English songs

BONJOVI!!!

YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"here is another one that does not fit:"

That's the point. Composing to "fit" is contrived. The good ones don't worry about it and simply offer from their souls. The rest takes care of itself.

Allman Brothers live at the Beacon Theatre in March 2003 doing my favorite song-

Allman Brothers from last March doing Little Wing, an old Hendrix song, with Eric Clapton-a song he'd covered on Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs album on which Duane Allman had performed with him.

This is a great version-

Thanks.:usflag:

Central Park doing the Neil Young standard Cortez the Killer. Warren Haynes of the Allman Brothers and Government Mule really stretches out on a great version of this epic-

"here is another one that does not fit:"

That's the point. Composing to "fit" is contrived. The good ones don't worry about it and simply offer from their souls. The rest takes care of itself.
Allman Brothers live at the Beacon Theatre in March 2003 doing my favorite song-

YouTube - "Dreams" - The Allman Brothers Band - FULL

Truely, I have never heard of Allman Brothers, but this song is fantastic. Singing contrived of Blues, while the music jumped between jazz and rock, while displaying visual's of 70's moment.

Thanks.. As you said great talents do not believe in Genre!!!

Following the thread to Neil Young, here's one late in his life with all the verve and energy of a young Crazy Horse. Maybe one of my favoritie three artists, he just assaults his guitar ol' black and squeezes every note with no quarter asked or given-

Jeypore,

The Allman Brothers Band are synonymous with developing the double harmony lead guitar line as well as their use of two drums. Duane Allman was an inspiration to me. For years they had a near-impossible task of filling his shoes after his death. Decades passed before the drummer, Butch Trucks, mentioned that he had a nephew who'd turned into a fair player and was worth checking out. Nobody believed him but, doing their bro a favor, they went to see this kid...

...and were blown away. Derek Trucks is today recognized as the soul reincarnate of Duane Allman and one of the world's finest guitarists-particularly on slide. I love them dearly and with Derek in the lineup their sound is as complete as ever. They'll likely be playing the Beacon in NYC. They do so every March in preparation of their summer tour-normally a two week stand. If you can get up there to see them it'll be one of the great music moments of your life. They're a jam band-one of the originals, but they're the real deal.

Junoon's 9/11 dedication to Americans

In my lungs through my windows
on my head on the floor
ashes of falling hope
choking me inside these doors
stormy winds seduce the night
over new york and karachi skies
sinking in a sea of time
mourning since 11-9

No more, I'm breathing you no more, I'm missing you no more, No more

God and money take the blame
for suicidal video games
if all that lives is born to die
love remains I wonder why

on black and white tv
red is all I see
I'm sick of spying eyes
wearing suits and secret ties

(Repeat) No More

the dream is not yet over
keep yourself alive
hold on
we may survive

(Repeat) No More

don't tell me u never heard of Junoon lol south asia knows them all..

"Junoon's 9/11 dedication to Americans"

Good band. No doubt they've done well in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom