What's new

Your Current Hobby?

I'm fully restoring this one right now (winter so only working on parts that I can do indoors) .... 1989 Honda VFR400 NC30. Owned for 9yrs now
IMG_20160922_180036_HDR_zpsdjhxqo8s.jpg

I only know to ride. I cannot restore bikes. (Apart from small repairs )

RC cars, was in them about 20yrs ago - petrol powered one I had ... tech in RC has really advanced last time I walked in to a RC shop... thinking of buying a race drone though ...

I know , when i bought mine it was a hard decision to make :)
but lots of Stupid people still think RC is a hobby for kids only :lol:

Outside of trolling, when I'm not spending my free time being a mom, I like to pass the time by swimming - the town I live in has a lot of water, both indoor pools and outdoor bays:
d5FUA.jpg

Sandefjord_Norway.jpg

Running or cycling around town:
Womens-Running_Mom-with-stroller.jpeg

17014270.jpg

Or drawing comic, typically for Polandball:
noLsXeK.png

Exercise and art are my go-to PDF appropriate free time hobbies.

My girlfriend likes cooking and videogames, so sometimes I'm do those too. Strategy games like XCOM and Civilization are my favs:
Capture.JPG

Mine is walking, treking and touring by car. I am thinking of writing a book and am presently collecting and ordering my thoughts. I love the outdoors, hills, mountains are in my 'blood'. Although I am ace swimmer and it's great for your body but have not had a dip for sometime now.I used to play table tennis, tennis and footbal but have not done that for last few years.

And thanks for your suggestions with regards to my blisters. Frankly I accepted defeat and have taken two days off from my jogging. Back in action tommorow with target being 13 miles, feet allowing.

do you watch eastenders
I grew watching them - like Brookside, Coronation Street, Neighbours (when the little lass was still just a lass and not a pop diva Minogue) and of course who has not watched 'Only Fools and Horses'. That is national heritage like fish an chips, the Queen.

Oh I used to love Boon. I don't watch any TV now. In fact I don't even have connecion in my room. Next the 'aver half' has a TV and very rarely do join in the watching.

And here is my favourite character the late Micheal Elphick.

Mine is walking, treking and touring by car. I am thinking of writing a book and am presently collecting and ordering my thoughts. I love the outdoors, hills, mountains are in my 'blood'. Although I am ace swimmer and it's great for your body but have not had a dip for sometime now.I used to play table tennis, tennis and footbal but have not done that for last few years.

And thanks for your suggestions with regards to my blisters. Frankly I accepted defeat and have taken two days off from my jogging. Back in action tommorow with target being 13 miles, feet allowing.

I grew watching them - like Brookside, Coronation Street, Neighbours (when the little lass was still just a lass and not a pop diva Minogue) and of course who has not watched 'Only Fools and Horses'. That is national heritage like fish an chips, the Queen.

Oh I used to love Boon. I don't watch any TV now. In fact I don't even have connecion in my room. Next the 'aver half' has a TV and very rarely do join in the watching.

And here is my favourite character the late Micheal Elphick.

i only watch eastenders and coronation street along side with only fools and horses, i dont watch the soaps anymore, but i do still watch only fools and horses when im dead bored

These are my go to running shoes .. twisted ankle from badminton a few years back and that injury does remind every now and then and these have been great ... no blisters and extremely comfy
BA8844_01_standard.jpg

These are my go to running shoes
Okay, my feet (both) are bad. I mean shredded. I am right now lying on my sofa with both feet placed higher up on the end so they don't touch anything. This began last week as I got into competition with my running buddy and we just inceased the cycles aound the park (one cycle is 1.2 miles with about 0.3 miles of serious gradient) and as I hit 7 miles a day trouble began.

I think the problem is my feet - the feel muscles have gotten weak and I reckon the foot has 'splayed' out because the muscles is what keeps all the bones in the foot 'tied' together. The symptoms of this were my trainers which I bought about 6 months (Nike Air) cost over £80 began to feel too tight near the front - the toes felt they were being squeezed and I began to get brusing and skin hardening.

I toughed out but soon I reached a point where I had to do something - I even got my nephew to waer them. He is nearly 18 stone lad decking at 6'2'' so I thought his huge feet would push out the offending part of the trainer. But it only worked temporarily. Eventually I went back to Sports Direct and bought another cheaper Reebok pair at £40. To accomodate for my 'splayed' out foot I went from size 10 to 11. This cured the problem at the front but began to cause blisters at the heel in particular the side flanges. I think this is because the trainers are too big at the back and the allows movement. I will see how it works out tomorrow.

I don't know if we can really call it a 'hobby',but I like wandering around in cemeteries. It's very quiet and calm,very appeasing,good to change your thoughts.

Okay, my feet (both) are bad. I mean shredded. I am right now lying on my sofa with both feet placed higher up on the end so they don't touch anything. This began last week as I got into competition with my running buddy and we just inceased the cycles aound the park (one cycle is 1.2 miles with about 0.3 miles of serious gradient) and as I hit 7 miles a day trouble began.

I think the problem is my feet - the feel muscles have gotten weak and I reckon the foot has 'splayed' out because the muscles is what keeps all the bones in the foot 'tied' together. The symptoms of this were my trainers which I bought about 6 months (Nike Air) cost over £80 began to feel too tight near the front - the toes felt they were being squeezed and I began to get brusing and skin hardening.

I toughed out but soon I reached a point where I had to do something - I even got my nephew to waer them. He is nearly 18 stone lad decking at 6'2'' so I thought his huge feet would push out the offending part of the trainer. But it only worked temporarily. Eventually I went back to Sports Direct and bought another cheaper Reebok pair at £40. To accomodate for my 'splayed' out foot I went from size 10 to 11. This cured the problem at the front but began to cause blisters at the heel in particular the side flanges. I think this is because the trainers are too big at the back and the allows movement. I will see how it works out tomorrow.

At the risk of sounding like a shoe salesman, I think you need to visit Jack Rabbit in NYC.
They make a mold of your foot based on the movements on a treadmill and custom make trainers that are ideal for your feet. You can get them in any brand apparently.
not sure if they have a similar store in the U.K., but this could probably ease your condition.
Also, if you're into spinning/cycling, there are specialized shoes that attach to the pedals and are highly recommended.
With basic trainers you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, is how I would put it.

Back
Top Bottom