What's new

Youm-i-Takbeer, a day of pride for Pakistan: PM Nawaz

I know the statistics VERY VERY well. Trust me on that. I don't need google.
Then you would know that FDI was at its peak from 2006 to 2007.
The government at that time, to show the world that the military was helping the economy, allocated money from different accounts to elsewhere and termed it as the "FDI" and then a LOT of it, went for corruption including many generals, both at that time and ex-military.
That's a big claim - why am I supposed to take your word for it? Back it with a credible source or don't mention it again.

How old are you? 12? May want to play with toys and read up on stuff before posting imagination. 99% of who will disagree??? People inside your house? I think that doesn't matter frankly.

Take a look around and see what he's done for the country. He and his government will ALWAYS be considered the architects of the modern Pakistan. You are welcome to disagree with the history, doesn't matter. This guy and his team (irrespective of their past), have taken Pakistan out of a bankrupt ditch to a highway towards the growth. When was the last time Pakistan's actually had a real savings account with close to $ 18 billion sitting in it???? When was the last time or the first time in Pakistan's history that you've ever seen investment getting poured in worth $ 60 billion+ from around the globe?

A government is elected to architect the country only, that is why they are paid and that is why taxes from our income is deducted. IT SHOULD NOT be considered as news if they are doing this. We are not getting the development in dowry okay.

When was the last or the first time that Pakistan started actual electricity related projects which would double up its electric generation infrastructure to double up the capacity (compared to 0 effort since post Tarbela dam built in the 70's when it comes to new projects)???

Projects have been started many times, but never concluded due to some or the other problem.

Leader does the work, he doesn't do sit ins, spread violence, threatens other people, their daughters, wives and all.....a leader delivers and NS actually has delivered. Never in the entire history of Pakistan a civilian government has worked with the military this closely, and yet delivered growth to a degree, never seen in the past 70 years.

Military has pressurized these thieves that we have now Military Courts and if you do not walk straight you will be answerable to us.

If Mushy gave up all on one phone call, TRUST ME, he would've done the same on another call around these tests. You have got to give it to someone who took the pressure, the threats and all, and decided to do this for their country. Like I said, you can go be upset at the history, you can't change it.

During Musharraf's time US was sitting on our head. Do you know the military budget of US and Military Budget of Pakistan? Musharraf did very well in double crossing the americans when it was about taliban. Of course no one is perfect, Musharraf also made some wrong decision but there were no options.

Musharraf saved Pak Military from disintegrating otherwise separation of Balochistan or Fata, was confirmed by last year.

It doesn't matter if he's twelve or fifty, @Shan-e-ibrahim is right. Most people believe, and rightly so, that Zardari and Nawaz are thieves.

Let's just get straight to the point: you have a problem with the fact that Pakistanis glorify, respect and trust the military more than Nawaz Sharif or any other murderous thief..

You are making points for me that I never said. Most people in Pakistan respect their military and so is the case almost every where. But, in Pakistan, the military rule has raped the country out of progress, growth and a stable future. You can twist this in two hundred ways, but you can't change the history and the reality.

Second, I don't have an issue with Pakistan's Army, if you read my post above, I said, most people in the entire globe, glorify their military and respect it. That's fine. But while I agree to someone's good, I also am highlighting the bad. Pakistani people's love for the military was exploited and abused by many generals who did coupes and marshall laws and all. At the end, you had a huge country without basic growth like energy, power, water, proper streets, under these generals with growing culture of militias, violence and weapons. So the same military thinking its more patriotic than anyone, f'd over the country for decades. 3-4 years of current democracy has brought more to you than the past 70 years.

Someone told me recently and he was a Pakistani guy, that Pakistanis want to find short cuts in life on everything. This seems true in this case also.

People can believe what they want to, but if NS and Zardari are thieves, I can give you plenty of examples of generals who did a LOT of corruption too. How do you think Shuja Pasha landed a $ 20 million a year, 5 year long contract with the UAE????
How did Mushy the Cushy bough expensive homes in the US and the UK? How does he own a huge farm in Islamabad and then a nice house in Karachi? Are these generals, aka, Public Servants or Kings? Even the US Army's generals don't make enough to have homes in so many countries or have shinny new BMW 7 series till after they retire and find high dollar jobs.

Pakistani people's love and respect for their military was exploited and abused by many generals and as a result, the country couldn't advance a foot. If two of these generals in the past 5 decades had paid attention or had the mindset towards economy, you wouldn't see electric shortages to where they are today. They also never allowed civilian governments to finish their terms under the legitimacy of "patriotism", which was also driven by hunger to remain in control and power. Today, the world has openly stepped in, from China to the US, that if the military takes over again and abuses the country through depriving growth to the system (which then creates intolerance and extremism), that all aid and investments would be suspended for good. The army won't have the money to pay salaries, let alone fight long wars. This is that saying, if you don't clean up your house, someone else will for you.

Its time for the Pakistani people to stand united and demand their own government who produced a better life stye and opportunity for average people. Not glorify and praise the military. Those guys deserve respect as they put their lives on the line for the country, but it doesn't mean they then have the forceful ability to take over and destroy growth of an entire country and ruin 200 million people's future.
Frankly speaking, I met with two of your corps commanders a couple of years ago when I stopped in Pakistan for two days. They both off the record shared with me that the days of military rule are gone and that the majority in the military don't want to end up or be remembered like Mushy the Cushy, and that the military knows that if there is no civilian government running and growing the country, Pakistan will become sitting duck for India and won't be able to compete on any forum, let alone competing military wise. Remember, in real world, the Army Chief salutes the PM and drops his belt when ordered to do so, without questions. If he takes over the civilian government, he puts the entire country into a paralysis mode as the military can't run, and grow a country. No one would do business with you like it has been under the military rule before!!

Take a look around and see what he's done for the country.
Hi,

You never miss a chance to glorify ganja do you ?
for starters lahore masscare - YouTube
Tonnes of clips showing what your beautiful gamja did in the name of democracy.

I have seen head of other countries meeting MY COAS, not un-educated ganja ji.

Oh by the way care to explain what mush the cushy did so bad for country.
As for Ganja's bravery here you are
But you would never understand urdu, youre American right

Last edited:
You are making points for me that I never said. Most people in Pakistan respect their military and so is the case almost every where. But, in Pakistan, the military rule has raped the country out of progress, growth and a stable future. You can twist this in two hundred ways, but you can't change the history and the reality.

Second, I don't have an issue with Pakistan's Army, if you read my post above, I said, most people in the entire globe, glorify their military and respect it. That's fine. But while I agree to someone's good, I also am highlighting the bad. Pakistani people's love for the military was exploited and abused by many generals who did coupes and marshall laws and all. At the end, you had a huge country without basic growth like energy, power, water, proper streets, under these generals with growing culture of militias, violence and weapons. So the same military thinking its more patriotic than anyone, f'd over the country for decades. 3-4 years of current democracy has brought more to you than the past 70 years.

Someone told me recently and he was a Pakistani guy, that Pakistanis want to find short cuts in life on everything. This seems true in this case also.

People can believe what they want to, but if NS and Zardari are thieves, I can give you plenty of examples of generals who did a LOT of corruption too. How do you think Shuja Pasha landed a $ 20 million a year, 5 year long contract with the UAE????
How did Mushy the Cushy bough expensive homes in the US and the UK? How does he own a huge farm in Islamabad and then a nice house in Karachi? Are these generals, aka, Public Servants or Kings? Even the US Army's generals don't make enough to have homes in so many countries or have shinny new BMW 7 series till after they retire and find high dollar jobs.

Pakistani people's love and respect for their military was exploited and abused by many generals and as a result, the country couldn't advance a foot. If two of these generals in the past 5 decades had paid attention or had the mindset towards economy, you wouldn't see electric shortages to where they are today. They also never allowed civilian governments to finish their terms under the legitimacy of "patriotism", which was also driven by hunger to remain in control and power. Today, the world has openly stepped in, from China to the US, that if the military takes over again and abuses the country through depriving growth to the system (which then creates intolerance and extremism), that all aid and investments would be suspended for good. The army won't have the money to pay salaries, let alone fight long wars. This is that saying, if you don't clean up your house, someone else will for you.

Its time for the Pakistani people to stand united and demand their own government who produced a better life stye and opportunity for average people. Not glorify and praise the military. Those guys deserve respect as they put their lives on the line for the country, but it doesn't mean they then have the forceful ability to take over and destroy growth of an entire country and ruin 200 million people's future.
Frankly speaking, I met with two of your corps commanders a couple of years ago when I stopped in Pakistan for two days. They both off the record shared with me that the days of military rule are gone and that the majority in the military don't want to end up or be remembered like Mushy the Cushy, and that the military knows that if there is no civilian government running and growing the country, Pakistan will become sitting duck for India and won't be able to compete on any forum, let alone competing military wise. Remember, in real world, the Army Chief salutes the PM and drops his belt when ordered to do so, without questions. If he takes over the civilian government, he puts the entire country into a paralysis mode as the military can't run, and grow a country. No one would do business with you like it has been under the military rule before!!
I do agree with you dictatorship is not a solution and in the end it destroys the country what Pakistan need is honest civilian government which will work for the welfare of people.

You are making points for me that I never said.
Here's what you said:
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: glorifying a military who's leader surrenders...
You mocked the entire military and the fact that Pakistan glorifies it.

I'm not going to bother responding to that whole rant because it has absolutely no material except ''military rule is bad'', which is irrelevant since I never said military rule is good or that we need another one - only that the military is a lot more efficient and respectable than murderous thieves like Nawaz or Zardari.

And no, it did not ''rape the country out of progress''. It saved the country from destruction at the hands of your democratic politicians. Military rule should not happen again and again, but if the next civilian government is like Zardari's - which it probably will be since your beloved Nawaz Sharif has opposed electoral reform so much - eventually the military will have to take over once again. I hope it doesn't happen, and it should not happen but it could happen and that's the reality.
Frankly speaking, I met with two of your corps commanders a couple of years ago when I stopped in Pakistan for two days. They both off the record shared with me that the days of military rule....
Yeah, and I'm sure they told you everything about the Army, the ISI and the locations of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal along with nuclear launch codes :sarcastic:

Frankly speaking, I don't believe you and think you just pulled that out of your backside like the ''500 Billion dollars'' investment figure you were repeating a while back. Whatever you think about the military, I know for a fact that the corps commanders are not idiots and would not go around sharing ''off the record'' stuff with random people who can then boast about it on an internet forum.

I do agree with you dictatorship is not a solution and in the end it destroys the country what Pakistan need is honest civilian government which will work for the welfare of people.

This is not coming in any time soon , unless until, the blood lineage , rishtedari is not gone.

Proud to be Pakistani. Thank God I am born in Pakistan..:pakistan:

I don't understand why world hate Pakistan. Here in Brazil everyone I know make fun of Pakistan and this make my heart break.

But whatever world say I will never stop loving my country.

Here in Brazil everyone I know make fun of Pakistan and this make my heart break.
All I heard about Brazil is criminals and offduty cops...
Anyway, Our nuclear weapons are not to threaten any country. Some religious fanatics want their own agenda and to Isolate the country from whole world but i must say that this is only for minimum deterrence purpose and there is no such thing called as Islamic bomb as claimed by few people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom