What's new

‘You have so beautiful white skin’: India and its problems with skin colour - German tourist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green skin, best skin:P

gir-invader-zim-4801.jpg

india alone doesn't have this problem most of Asia does.

In all societies, fair skin is preferred to dark; a minor exception is a lot of white people like a tan because it makes them look a little different to their peers.

How many white super models are there, and how many black?

It's not just an Indian issue.

In all societies, fair skin is preferred to dark; a minor exception is a lot of white people like a tan because it makes them look a little different to their peers.

How many white super models are there, and how many black?

It's not just an Indian issue.
I am not a fan of caucasians tanning themselves either it makes them look orange.However those societies don't discriminate against each other's skin tone the way women do in Asia.

I am not a fan of caucasians tanning themselves either it makes them look orange.However those societies don't discriminate against each other's skin tone the way women do in Asia.

Tanning came about partly because it's different; and partly because traditionally only the rich could go to the sun for holidays. So a tan became a sign of someone upmarket.

These societies don't actually have different skin tones, certainly not enough to mention.

I'm not really sure what the issue is here....

White is beautiful as others have said has historical roots and it continues to this day.

Africa -

The World Health Organization has reported that Nigerians are the highest users of such products: 77% of Nigerian women use the products on a regular basis. They are followed by Togo with 59%; South Africa with 35%; and Mali at 25%.

Asia -
But this has not stemmed the practice in places like Taiwan, where more than 50 percent of women and a smaller but growing proportion of men pay big money to lighten their beige, tan, and golden complexions.

One survey by Synovate found that 4 out of 10 women in Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines and South Korea used a skin-whitening cream. More than 60 global companies are competing for a share of Asia's estimated $18 billion dollar market.

Obviously India with the huge population and all the Fair & Lovely ads :lol: is going to get laughed at...but, it is not even close to being an exclusively Indian issue

The biggest irony is that Uniliver who also happens to own Dove, a brand that spent billions of dollars on its "Real Beauty" campaign happens to sell Fair and Lovely to consumers who aren't happy with their real beauty...

Guess who's having the last laugh...

And if you are aware members of such international forums do have some knowledge and acumen for discussing all kinds of matters of regional countries and world affairs including social issues which also directly or indirectly affect them. Take for example this skin tone issue which indeed is risking the physical and sexual security of foreigners specially Western/European woman tourists who visit India. Many of these foreign woman tourists have been raped or molested in India due to fair complexion so how on earth discussing this social issue of India becomes obsession ?

Rape is about power NOT lust!
Most of these women become easy victims because they are in a foreign country and the perps can identify and prey on the weak easier...again..Power! Nothing to do with skin color.
The degenerates who rape white women would probably do the same to an Indian or black woman without skipping a heartbeat.
I think you need to get your concepts straight lady...and of course keep your biases against Indians aside if you want to sound genuine in your concern..

Americans worried about Indian religious freedom

HUH?? You guys have "religious freedom" for everyone of just Hindus? I am sure there is plenty of it for Hindus. Not so much so for others as I've read about it and have seen some youtube videos.

You do not have to tell me. I have experienced british racism first hand. I am pretty sure you must have experienced it too. But if you want to convince yourself otherwise, what do I care.

In any case this is my last post on this thread.
I am talking specifically about the point I was asked to talk about... whether UK airport officers show racism in dealing with brown people, I would say no.
For wider point about racism in Uk, you need to ask me to get my view... :)

Have ever wondered why "Fair and Lovely" sales are growing YoY???? :P

Have ever wondered why "Fair and Lovely" sales are growing YoY???? :P
I find fair skin more beautiful than darker skin... in general... and have no shame in admitting that...
but the advt of the creams should be banned, they are pretty insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom