What's new

You cannot quote from Quran in Pakistan!!!!

Supply&Demand

Reaction score
Country
India

A cleric in Sialkot district disrupted a Saturday mass, abused the pastor and is now threatening to register a blasphemy FIR against him for drawing upon verses from the Quran during his sermon.
Pastor Messiah George* had been invited by Data Zedka village Christians to give a sermon at the local church.

According to Arif Hameed*, a school teacher who arranged the pastor’s visit, Qari Muhammad Fazal* disrupted the mass around 11 pm, abusing the pastor and threatening to kill him. Fazal had objections to the pastor reading Quranic verses during his sermon. “He [Fazal] tried to get through to the pastor but we were able to help him escape,” said Hameed.

Fazal called the police to the church but by the time the police reached the church, the pastor had fled. Police officials were able to “persuade the Qari” to go home after assuring him that action will be taken against the pastor. :undecided:

The next morning local Christians, said the school teacher, apologised to Fazal who is still insisting that the pastor “confess to his crime”, and publicly apologise for quoting the Quran. “Fazal has warned us that we will be responsible for the consequences,” he said.

Hameed said they had also sent women to the cleric’s wife and mother to apologise. “But Fazal’s adamant that the pastor apologise over the megaphone,” he said. Hameed said that they feared agitation by Muslim residents.

Fazal, when contacted, told The Express Tribune that Pastor George had “tried to justify the Christian point of view by giving Quranic references.” He said his “blood stared boiling” when he heard the pastor quoting from the Quran. “Yes, I abused them. I would have killed the pastor right there and then but I could not arrange for a weapon,” he said.:angry:

He said he had given an application to the police, asking that they file a blasphemy FIR against the pastor and the parish.
The police, however, told him that they would ask the pastor to apologise to the cleric at noon on Thursday (today) at the office of the DSP concerned. “In case the pastor does not come,” said Fazal, “I will get the FIR registered.”

He described the police as “followers of the American agenda of protecting the Christians”.
SHO Khalid Dar, however, denied receiving an application from the cleric. He said they were trying to “resolve the matter amicably” with the help of locals.

*Names have been changed to protect the identity of parties involved
Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2012.
=====================================================================
wow !!!

So Maulvis cherry pick quotes from Hindu scriptures and Bible and use them to abuse Hindus and Hinduism but non-muslims are not allowed to even use a quote from Quran??

Jahil Mullah ----------------- He must have been able to counter pastor's arguments if he knew Quran and had knowledge of Islam. These type of mullahs are root cause of lot of problems in Pakistan.

Because we are only told it merely quoting is what Fazal took action against, we can only say it was a cheap move.
The exact reasons and details are not told so one can argue that news is not complete. There is no problem quoting Holy Quran but if it was quoted wrongly and explained wrongly then there is definitely a problem.
BAD Reporting from The Express Tribune!
I have commented on the news lets see if its approved or not:
"First of all the title gives a very wrong impression. Its an individual's action not a country as a whole is going against it. Error No.1 in reporting.
If it is merely quoting Qur'an against which Fazal took action, it was a very bad move by him,
Unfortunately, we are not told the exact reasons that made Fazal take action. we can say the news is not complete. It the person who was quoting was saying "Look how bad the Muslims are, their Quran says this n that"
There there is a problem, isn't it?

The tribune has got so much popularity and should feel the responsibility and do not post biased/incomplete and vague news."

A cleric in Sialkot district disrupted a Saturday mass, abused the pastor and is now threatening to register a blasphemy FIR against him for drawing upon verses from the Quran during his sermon.
Pastor Messiah George* had been invited by Data Zedka village Christians to give a sermon at the local church.

According to Arif Hameed*, a school teacher who arranged the pastor’s visit, Qari Muhammad Fazal* disrupted the mass around 11 pm, abusing the pastor and threatening to kill him. Fazal had objections to the pastor reading Quranic verses during his sermon. “He [Fazal] tried to get through to the pastor but we were able to help him escape,” said Hameed.

Fazal called the police to the church but by the time the police reached the church, the pastor had fled. Police officials were able to “persuade the Qari” to go home after assuring him that action will be taken against the pastor. :undecided:

The next morning local Christians, said the school teacher, apologised to Fazal who is still insisting that the pastor “confess to his crime”, and publicly apologise for quoting the Quran. “Fazal has warned us that we will be responsible for the consequences,” he said.

Hameed said they had also sent women to the cleric’s wife and mother to apologise. “But Fazal’s adamant that the pastor apologise over the megaphone,” he said. Hameed said that they feared agitation by Muslim residents.

Fazal, when contacted, told The Express Tribune that Pastor George had “tried to justify the Christian point of view by giving Quranic references.” He said his “blood stared boiling” when he heard the pastor quoting from the Quran. “Yes, I abused them. I would have killed the pastor right there and then but I could not arrange for a weapon,” he said.:angry:

He said he had given an application to the police, asking that they file a blasphemy FIR against the pastor and the parish.
The police, however, told him that they would ask the pastor to apologise to the cleric at noon on Thursday (today) at the office of the DSP concerned. “In case the pastor does not come,” said Fazal, “I will get the FIR registered.”

He described the police as “followers of the American agenda of protecting the Christians”.
SHO Khalid Dar, however, denied receiving an application from the cleric. He said they were trying to “resolve the matter amicably” with the help of locals.

*Names have been changed to protect the identity of parties involved
Published in The Express Tribune, May 24th, 2012.
=====================================================================
wow !!!

So Maulvis cherry pick quotes from Hindu scriptures and Bible and use them to abuse Hindus and Hinduism but non-muslims are not allowed to even use a quote from Quran??
I don't know the other side of story so I will not give any final statement but if this is true than that Molvi has gone mad only if that Priest was quoting Ayats completely out of context and lying about Quran even than it is duty of government to check it out that Molvi if have proof should launch a FIR

He should file FIR of "threat to kill" on the mullah.....

But i would like to know what he was quoting.

The pastor was using the Quran to justify Christianity, which means that he may have been twisting the meaning. You highlighted that part as well, so what the fuss?

He used the Quran to justify Christianity, meaning he twisted its meaning.

The pastor was using the Quran to justify Christianity, which means that he may have been twisting the meaning. You highlighted that part as well, so what the fuss?

He used the Quran to justify Christianity, meaning he twisted its meaning.
If really pastor was trying to do this than he should face a trail but under Law and should have a fair trail and court should decide what punishment he should get under Islamic Laws

what exactly the pastor was saying in the ceremony is unclear..He may have may have told the wrong meaning of the verses of Quran....
I have never heard a Moulvi Quoting exact verses from Bible or Geeta / Ramayan...
Why would a Christian priest need Quran to preach Christianity is beyond me..For him Bible should be enough...

But the "Qari" (QARI is someone who isn't a cleric or scholar,but someone who has spent time learning the correct wordings of Quran in Pure Arabic Accent and have some knowledge of Quran..But isnt a scholar)
did over react,he should have argued with the Pastor with knowledge instead of going bananas on him...
Disrupting somebody's religious gathering is just wrong...

He should file FIR of "threat to kill" on the mullah.....

But i would like to know what he was quoting.

Yes..i agree...The pastor being a citizen of Pakistan should take the matter to courts....and given protection...Although the police can only do so much and it will be better to resolve the matter via intervention of peers...

what exactly the pastor was saying in the ceremony is unclear..He may have may have told the wrong meaning of the verses of Quran....
I have never heard a Moulvi Quoting exact verses from Bible or Geeta / Ramayan...
Why would a Christian priest need Quran to preach Christianity is beyond me..For him Bible should be enough...

But the "Qari" (QARI is someone who isn't a cleric or scholar,but someone who has spent time learning the correct wordings of Quran in Pure Arabic Accent and have some knowledge of Quran..But isnt a scholar)
did over react,he should have argued with the Pastor with knowledge instead of going bananas on him...
Disrupting somebody's religious gathering is just wrong...

Well we all know how hot headed these people are!!!

And you are right, Qari is a good reciter of the Quran, as opposed to Mufti or scholar.

The event is not clear, but some Indian felt it right to post this thread just to blame some people and satisfy his need. Oh well...

If really pastor was trying to do this than he should face a trail but under Law and should have a fair trail and court should decide what punishment he should get under Islamic Laws

The OP says so, third paragraph in red.

You can't expect this from Moulvi as most of them even don't know about their own religion. But i have seen scholars quoting from other scriptures to prove their points based on Quran. I believe whatever pastor was trying to do, twisting or misinterpreting Quran, If qari knew the Quran and Islam than he could easily clarify it to people and that would have better than going violent. Going violent is last resort to hide lack of knowledge.

You can't expect this from Moulvi as most of them even don't know about their own religion. But i have seen scholars quoting from other scriptures to prove their points based on Quran. I believe whatever pastor was trying to do, twisting or misinterpreting Quran, If qari knew the Quran and Islam than he could easily clarify it to people and that would have better than going violent. Going violent is last resort to hide lack of knowledge.

from his title "Qari" it is obvious that he wasnt a scholar of Quran,but knew some....
He could have asked a Scholar to come there and argue with knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom