What's new

Yemen's coffee revival

Nothing can beat the Baha-ers. Plus Mosamania is dead. :lol:

Will treat you right just come to me.:p:

Na .. you come to Khobar and I will show you... why it is the only one.

1 week and gain 2 Kg weight.

Salman's special health services. I will open a thread and show you why I love it so much.

That is it.
I am calling Mosamania's *** over the weekend and trying Taif's delights.

I told you. Why do you think that I have advertised Hijaz so aggressively on PDF? I think that I already made a thread about rose water and pomegranates from Tai'if. Just kidding.:lol:

But maybe now I will because of you.

Salman, are you looking for a special branch of Yemeni pomegranates because there are distinct ones.

Salman's special health services. I will open a thread and show you why I love it so much.

You better check this technique out:

I only like pomegranates in this Yemeni dish.

You must try it @salman108 and thank me later.

The bread is a really important ingredient so make sure to buy the right one. Otherwise fresh ingredients as usual. It's great to eat if it is hot outside.

But I can't eat pomegranate alone though. Not a big fan of pomegranate juice either.

Last edited:

But but I would like to maintain weight.:undecided:

But but I would like to maintain weight.:undecided:

Khobar isn't a big place.
The Khobar Shamali (northern) is dominated by Pakistanis, next to it is the Philipines area leading to Indian Area.
There are Palestinian, traditional Saudi, and other Arabic fast food places at regular intervals.

One can walk through these areas, and try MANY MANY scattered restaurants.
It is impossible not to get addicted to amazing tastes.

The Khobar Shamali (northern) is dominated by Pakistanis, next to it is the Philipines area leading to Indian Area.
There are Palestinian, traditional Saudi, and other Arabic fast food places at regular intervals.

Saudi Arabia has one of the world's best eating places compared to the price and amount of food. Very diverse eating places as well. This is a fact. You can get amazing diverse cuisine for nearly no money. Just like anywhere else in the GCC.

Please see my post number 17 because I am quitting PDF until tomorrow so you have time to ask questions now.:D

You must watch the two videos. You will enjoy them. The dish is very easy to make. I can even make it.

Sea food and barbecued stuff are my thing. I have been there a few times though but it was long ago. But wait a minute.. i thought you live in Riyadh !

Sea food and barbecued stuff are my thing. I have been there a few times though but it was long ago. But wait a minute.. i thought you live in Riyadh !

One word.

السنبوك

@salman108 should know what I mean if he has not fallen asleep already.:lol:

Al Khazar Fisheries - مـصــنـع بحـــر الـخــــزر

Khobar is famous for its sea food BTW.

10g03d0.jpg

Or a Fish Kabsa from the Eastern Province.:lol:

@Hadbani you were from the Eastern Province, right? You must introduce all the lovely fish dishes.

Last edited:

The earliest substantiated evidence of either coffee drinking or knowledge of the coffee tree is from the 15th century, in the Sufi monasteries of Yemen.[1] By the 16th century, it had reached the rest of the Middle East, South India, Persia, Turkey, Horn of Africa, and northern Africa. Coffee then spread to the Balkans, Italy and to the rest of Europe, to Indonesia and then to America.[2]

Etymology
The word "coffee" entered the English language in 1582 via the Dutch koffie,[3] borrowed from the Turkish kahve, in turn borrowed from the Arabic qahwah ( قهوة).[4]

The word qahwah originally referred to a type of wine, whose etymology is given by Arab lexicographers as deriving from the verb qahā (قها, "to lack hunger") in reference to the drink's reputation as an appetite suppressant.[4][5] The word qahwah is sometimes alternatively traced to the Arabic quwwa ("power, energy"), or to Kaffa, a medieval kingdom in Ethiopia whence the plant was exported to Arabia.[4] These etymologies for qahwah have all been disputed, however. The name qahwah is not used for the berry or plant (the products of the region), which are known in Arabic as bunn and in Oromo as būn. Semitic had a root qhh "dark color", which became a natural designation for the beverage. According to this analysis, the feminine form qahwah (also meaning "dark in color, dull(ing), dry, sour") was likely chosen to parallel the feminine khamr (خمر, "wine"), and originally meant "the dark one".[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_coffee

I dont know if this is relevant. In dar, the yemeni shop keepers a pyrimidal cooking kettle. they start charcoal fire and put this triangular put which is around 80cm tall and has a spout; it brews for a long time and they drink it all all in small cups. across dar, it is now a norm to have this kind of kava as it is refered to in swahili.

In comparison to yemeni coffee, coffee from around Moshi area is very very good; you just cannot get it outside. I like ethiopian coffee as well. My preferences - in rating - Yemen, Tanzania, Ethiopia. The rest just dont cut it. I am partial to cuban coffee - Serrano if any one goes to cuba - that is good. Starbucks.. no thank you it is disgusting burnt coffee to give you heartburn.

I dont know if this is relevant. In dar, the yemeni shop keepers a pyrimidal cooking kettle. they start charcoal fire and put this triangular put which is around 80cm tall and has a spout; it brews for a long time and they drink it all all in small cups. across dar, it is now a norm to have this kind of kava as it is refered to in swahili.

In comparison to yemeni coffee, coffee from around Moshi area is very very good; you just cannot get it outside. I like ethiopian coffee as well. My preferences - in rating - Yemen, Tanzania, Ethiopia. The rest just dont cut it. I am partial to cuban coffee - Serrano if any one goes to cuba - that is good. Starbucks.. no thank you it is disgusting burnt coffee to give you heartburn.

It is. Thank you for your share. I love Yemeni coffee too (the real product and not the diluted one) and it is my favorite coffee by far as well. The original coffee too. The next step should be to try Yemeni khat. Just kidding.

Eden Coffee Brand is a Yemeni Brand for Yemeni Mocha Coffee, The Most Ancient and Expensive Specialty Coffee in The World, That Comes from The First Coffee Land That Coffee Had Been Distributed in All The Whole World Through Yemeni Mocha Port on The Red Sea. This Brand Is An Extended For The Long And Ancient Mocha Coffee In The World To Pursue It's Great Mission And Preserve The First Quality Brand - Especially For Coffee - In The World "MOCHA" That Came From Yemen That Called "Happy Land" or "Felix" To Give To The World The First Beverage And Drink The Humanity Could Fall In Love With And Seduced By Ever.

Ethiopian coffee is great as well.

Last edited:
It is. Thank you for your share. I love Yemeni coffee too (the real product and not the diluted one) and it is my favorite coffee by far as well. The original coffee too. The next step should be to try Yemeni khat. Just kidding.

Eden Coffee Brand is a Yemeni Brand for Yemeni Mocha Coffee, The Most Ancient and Expensive Specialty Coffee in The World, That Comes from The First Coffee Land That Coffee Had Been Distributed in All The Whole World Through Yemeni Mocha Port on The Red Sea. This Brand Is An Extended For The Long And Ancient Mocha Coffee In The World To Pursue It's Great Mission And Preserve The First Quality Brand - Especially For Coffee - In The World "MOCHA" That Came From Yemen That Called "Happy Land" or "Felix" To Give To The World The First Beverage And Drink The Humanity Could Fall In Love With And Seduced By Ever.

Ethiopian coffee is great as well.
yes. it is good. each coffee shop in addis does their own way but it is really good. If you get a chance try coffee from Chagga people. I dont know any brand as i did not see any just bought the beans. Kenyan coffee - it is a ripoff just like their tourism brochure that shows kilimanjaro in the background ... tourists dont realise it is across the border in tanzania.

No thanks to khat, i saw so many somalis just eat it like goats while sitting on mats.

Last edited:
yes. it is good. each coffee shop in addis does their own way but it is really good. If you get a chance try coffee from Chagga people. I dont know any brand as i did not see any just bought the beans. Kenyan coffee - it is a ripoff just like their tourism brochure that shows kilimanjaro in the background ... tourists dont realise it is across the border in tanzania.

No thanks to khat, i saw so many somalis just eat it like goats while sitting on mats.

I have never been in Sub-Saharan Africa outside of Kenya and Tanzania (holidays years ago). So I know very little about African coffee other than Ethiopian one which I have tried a few times in Ethiopian restaurants in the GCC and the West. What stroke me is that Ethiopians take great pride in coffee culture and the preparation of coffee like we Arabs (Arabians in particular) do. Coffee is an important cultural culinary item for them too.

I would love to visit Ethiopia though and probably also Somalia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom