What's new

Yechury demands Rafale probe

Yechury demands Rafale probe

mail.svg

rafale-deal-yehchury-gettyimages-101555630.jpg

Shekhar Yadav/India Today Group/Getty Images

After India and France signed the Rafale fighter deal a few days ago, Sitaram Yechury, the general secretary of CPI(M), said that they are demanding a probe on Rafale deal because in India no defense deal is indefensible.

Speaking after the CPI(M) plenum in Kolkata, Yechury said, "We are demanding a probe on the Rafale fighter deal and we will place our demands soon."

In September, India inked a Euro 7.87 billion deal with France for the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets capable of carrying nuclear weapons. The jets are equipped with latest missiles that will give the IAF greater "potency" over arch rival Pakistan.

Yechury's statement is significant, as several scandals have been reported in the defense sector in the past - be it Augusta Westland chopper deal or Bofors, India has always been criticised for scams in the defense sector.

http://www.catchnews.com/politics-n...ion-towards-pakistan-1475337174.html/fullview

do note i removed the part where he mentions pakistan, the purpose of the thread is not about pakistan but about the rafale,so lets keep it at that.
payment received from china i guess so they are back to work !

He is just a communist dingdong....just ignore him!!
I'm pretty sure that they will be no one representing the communist parties in the parliament in the next election!!
Communist idea is outdated!

Hahaha thanks to Yechuri.. Now no one will look upon CPI for anything sensible..

We must encourage Yechuri.. So CPI can close the party.

Bade Bade chu*iya dekha, Iske jaisa ghanghor chu*iya nahi dekha

ah so this guy is not exacltly known for being a good source, well now i know.
why do you guys [indians] hate congress so much?

CPI (M) means Communist Party of India (Marxist)..not Congress party. That would be Indian National Congress (INC).

He is one of the biggest asshole in Indian politics.

Oh, he's out of tune with the country's sentiment, and he's a communist, but you are out of line. Control your language.

isnt the Rafales refueling probe too big for him.

Mind your language, this is not the place to demonstrate your street vocabulary.

Offtopic but Communist in a democracy ? whats cooking ?

Why? They fight elections like the others (it's a different thing that they have such few seats that they are no longer a 'national' party by the Election Commission's standards. They are as good or as bad as the Congress or the BJP. All three are foul blots on Indian politics.

He has right to utter his demands and govt has the right to overlook them.

Communists are confused right now., about what they want. He might be useful in next elections for upa. But he will always be useless to nda.

So his demands will only be quashed.

The demand is frankly just their last desperate attempt to find a topic with which to beat up the government.

Oh, he's out of tune with the country's sentiment, and he's a communist, but you are out of line. Control your language.

Mind your language, this is not the place to demonstrate your street vocabulary.

Why? They fight elections like the others (it's a different thing that they have such few seats that they are no longer a 'national' party by the Election Commission's standards. They are as good or as bad as the Congress or the BJP. All three are foul blots on Indian politics.

The demand is frankly just their last desperate attempt to find a topic with which to beat up the government.
Dear sir,

Communist are not the opposition we need. They can't come back to their previous best. They lack leaders and a foresight as to what their political plan and vision for country are.

A few days back I heard from a politician friend. Congress can only gain if they execute vadra and Gandhi which will be great benefit to country not execution but a strong opposition.

Arvind seems like a good opposition to keep govt in check. His victory in Punjab which is certain will give great boost too AAP.

I am of a belief that a strong congress is what we need. Since looking at bjp which came with no support is under performing.

Communist are not the opposition we need. They can't come back to their previous best. They lack leaders and a foresight as to what their political plan and vision for country are.

A few days back I heard from a politician friend. Congress can only gain if they execute vadra and Gandhi which will be great benefit to country not execution but a strong opposition.

Arvind seems like a good opposition to keep govt in check. His victory in Punjab which is certain will give great boost too AAP.

I am of a belief that a strong congress is what we need. Since looking at bjp which came with no support is under performing.

Several points (good post, btw, thanks follow):
  1. Executing Vadra is a good idea; expelling little Baba from the country is adequate.
  2. Arvind and the AAP are the BJP B team; they function only to splinter the anti-BJP vote, and they started with the help of bhakts.
  3. Not impressed with any of the three: Communists, Congress or BJP.

Several points (good post, btw, thanks follow):
  1. Executing Vadra is a good idea; expelling little Baba from the country is adequate.
  2. Arvind and the AAP are the BJP B team; they function only to splinter the anti-BJP vote, and they started with the help of bhakts.
  3. Not impressed with any of the three: Communists, Congress or BJP.
Dear sir,

Our best bet for future remain with congress. But they must change and get a good leader.
Rahul is not up to the task.
Priyanka is let down by Vadra.
Sonia has communication and age issues.

I bet if they get a mr pilot or Jyoti Raje sindhia. They will garner great result.
We are not in 90s. We are educated and we believe in our self. Just that India always follow like sheep. We are one person followers like Jawahar, Indra, Rajiv , Modi, Arvind .

Arvind was created to ruin congress. But bjp realised more than arvind they gained better help from Rahul and facebook, to ruin congress.
Now Arvind was useless to them but he proved to be a stronger force. It might back fire for bjp. I am from a political back ground sir. If you have election today in Haryana Punjab Delhi . Bjp won't get more than 5 to 10 seats.

Dear sir,

Our best bet for future remain with congress. But they must change and get a good leader.
Rahul is not up to the task.
Priyanka is let down by Vadra.
Sonia has communication and age issues.

I bet if they get a mr pilot or Jyoti Raje sindhia. They will garner great result.
We are not in 90s. We are educated and we believe in our self. Just that India always follow like sheep. We are one person followers like Jawahar, Indra, Rajiv , Modi, Arvind .

Arvind was created to ruin congress. But bjp realised more than arvind they gained better help from Rahul and facebook, to ruin congress.
Now Arvind was useless to them but he proved to be a stronger force. It might back fire for bjp. I am from a political back ground sir. If you have election today in Haryana Punjab Delhi . Bjp won't get more than 5 to 10 seats.

I suspect you are right. But having opposed the Congress and the CPM from 68, and the BJP soon thereafter, somehow I can't stand the thought of voting for any of them. Because there was no NOTA option those days, I used to vote for the SUC. That way I was sure I was voting, and I was sure I wasn't supporting any of these three circuses.

1. Arvind and the AAP are the BJP B team; they function only to splinter the anti-BJP vote, and they started with the help of bhakts.
Don't agree with you on that. For me AAP is the fresh air that the Indian politics need. They are anti-BJP but then that's the job of an opposition isn't it? We have to look what BJP in centre is doing to them to carry out their political vendetta. No power over Delhi ACB, no power over Delhi Police, harassing Delhi women commission and much more.

AAP came into the power with the support of people like me who are fed up with the regular options that the Indian politics has to offer.
  1. Not impressed with any of the three: Communists, Congress or BJP.
So you're impressed with AAP then?:azn:

Back
Top Bottom