What's new

Yasin Malik threatens fast unto death against land transfer in occupied Kashmir

^^^Jana dear, did you read the article? It says the POLICE opened fire.

Incidentally, the POLICE is made up of local Kashmiris, and is managed by the State Government.

So you might as well blame the kashmiris themselves for the deaths

Well that depends upon who you called kashmiris, the original resident of kashmir or those who have been settled by india in kashmir to gain support.

Well that depends upon who you called kashmiris, the original resident of kashmir or those who have been settled by india in kashmir to gain support.

Oh please, give me one shred of evidence to prove that the demographics of Kashmir valley have been deliberately changed.

If you can't then kindly refrain from making irresponsible statements.

I can give you plenty of evidence of deliberate settlement in the so called "Azad" Kashmir.

If we wanted to swarm J&K (the Indian side of which, by the way is a part of India) then we would have done it long ago. We ain't settling people there.

Oh please, give me one shred of evidence to prove that the demographics of Kashmir valley have been deliberately changed.

If you can't then kindly refrain from making irresponsible statements.

I can give you plenty of evidence of deliberate settlement in the so called "Azad" Kashmir.

Really! What do you think this thread is all about. Read it before blaming me of something. India all along has been trying to change the demographics of kashmir by every means which includes settling of outsiders and turning a muslim majority land into a hindu one.

If we wanted to swarm J&K (the Indian side of which, by the way is a part of India) then we would have done it long ago. We ain't settling people there.

How exactly it is a part of India? Dude you guys have lost all moral values. Wasnt it India who took Kashmir into the UN and accepted it as a disputed terrority. How does it now has become a part of the Indian terrority?

Protests in Indian Kashmir over help to Hindu pilgrims

Jun 17, 2:08 AM

SRINAGAR, India (AFP) - Indian Kashmir's decision to transfer nearly 40 hectares of forest land to a Hindu shrine trust has met with protests from Muslim separatists opposed to New Delhi's rule in the region.
ADVERTISEMENT

Deputy Chief Minister Muzaffer Beigh said the land was being transferred to Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board so it can build "temporary structures" for tens of thousands of Hindu pilgrims who trek to a Himalayan cave every year.

The cave shrine of Amarnath sits at an altitude of 3,800 metres (12,800 feet) and is considered an abode of the god Shiva.

Separatist politicians say building accommodations for pilgrims at the base of the mountain will ruin the fragile ecology of the area and also "reinforce India's occupation" of Kashmir.

"The transfer of land is aimed at ruining the ecology and changing the demography of the state by settling outsiders in the valley," said hardline separatist Syed Ali Geelani.

"It is also to reinforce India's occupation," said Geelani, whose supporters marched on the streets of Srinagar on Monday to protest the decision.

Until now authorities have been erecting tents for Hindu pilgrims.

But last year more than 400,000 pilgrims visited the cave, prompting demands for better facilities.

Another separatist, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, accused the government of merely trying to cement its disputed presence in the region.

"I want to make it clear to New Delhi that we won't allow anybody to occupy our land and we will fight it tooth and nail," said Farooq.

The shrine board is headed by the state governor, who is India's highest representative in Kashmir, which is in the grip of an 18-year-old insurgency that has left more than 43,000 people dead by official count.

This is for you SA.
Here's another link if you don't like the above

Gulf Times – Qatar’s top-selling English daily newspaper - India

Really! What do you think this thread is all about. Read it before blaming me of something. India all along has been trying to change the demographics of kashmir by every means which includes settling of outsiders and turning a muslim majority land into a hindu one.

Evidence! Where is the evidence?

Repeating a lie doesn't somehow make it true, except perhaps in your own mind.

If you know how to use google, you will realize that the Hindu population in Kashmir valley has REDUCED since the exodus of hindus 2 decades ago.

Nothing! Discard it as BS. Dude first you ask for links and then when i post them you say what are you suppose to do with it?:disagree:

What does that link prove? That the government is trying to build temporary shelters for pilgrims, and that radical muslims are overreacting like they always do?

Sure.

How exactly it is a part of India? Dude you guys have lost all moral values. Wasnt it India who took Kashmir into the UN and accepted it as a disputed terrority. How does it now has become a part of the Indian terrority?

Oh please... all three countries (India, Pakistan, and PRC) don't give a hoot about UN resolutions.

I'll repeat again: "The Indian side of J&K is a part of India," atleast in the real world.

What morals are you talking about? The dispute is that you want what we have. Morals were lost long ago. Stop lecturing about morals.

ISLAMABAD, June 23 (APP): Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), Mohammad Yasin Malik has warned that he will fast unto death if the decision of transfer of 800 Kanals of forest land to New Delhi based Shri Amarnath Shrine Board is not immediately revoked. Addressing a press conference in Srinagar after his return from Pakistan, he said that India was working on a plan to change the demography of occupied Kashmir by settling non-Kashmiris in the territory, adding, “Kashmiris will not allow anybody to occupy their land and will fight it tooth and nail,” KMS reported. The JKLF Chairman maintained that Kashmiris had always welcomed their guests, be it tourists or Amarnath pilgrims. However, he regretted that India was trying to create an atmosphere of communal discord by transferring Kashmiris' land to the Hindu board. (Posted @ 21:14 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; June 23, 2008

Actually... earlier the better. I wonder which side of the LC would like his grave to be ?

The unfortunate part is that most posters forget that Kashmir has not only people of the Islamic faith, but also Hindus, Christians and Buddhists.

If land can be given for Mosques by the govt, are those who are not of Islamic faith not entitled to the same privilege as Islamic people of Kashmir.

Are posters suggesting that Islam alone is the sole religion of Kashmir?

And if this foolish line of argument is extended is India only for Hindus?

I would be damned if India were for Hindus alone and Kashmir for Islamic people.

I am an Indian and religion be damned if it is used to divide us!

Oh please... all three countries (India, Pakistan, and PRC) don't give a hoot about UN resolutions.

I'll repeat again: "The Indian side of J&K is a part of India," atleast in the real world.

What morals are you talking about? The dispute is that you want what we have. Morals were lost long ago. Stop lecturing about morals.

Really! Look who's talking, just because you don't give a hoot does'nt mean the we don't either. And as for what we want, don't come up with BS if you have nothing positive to add, Unlike you guys who always claim Kashmir to be your part, we on the other hand don't and that is exactly why when we talk about Kashmir that includes AJK as well and not JK alone. Should'nt this be enough to throw your accusation out of the window. I would say give it up, other then a force full occupation you guys have nothing to put claims on to this territory. Kashmir is a disputed territory and that stands for all parts of it which needs to be addressed. And by the way if Kashmir is a disputed territory in the UN, that means it is for the real world as well. I wonder which world are you talking about, maybe Mars

Back
Top Bottom