What's new

Yamaha Japan may scrap plans for plant in Karachi

Yamaha should invest in a company 80% own by Pakistan - 20% owned by Yamaha , and the research and development of engines should be done in Pakistan owned by Pakistani company otherwise its no good deal for Pakistan

Why not ... did Yamaha planned to brought electricity from Japan ... or labor force from China or India or they were getting ready made factory in ship. They will generate everything in your country only

Kid your country needs foreign investment.. they will bring new technologies and fund ... and new ideas... they will create healthy competition ..
We had our fears of multinational companies back in 1990s .. but they proved wrong.. Multinational companies brought new technologies and money.. they helped us in developed small scale industries to fulfill demand of their plants ...
They trained our labor force to work with new machinery and new technology .. which eventually tapped by local companies ...

it is long process.. but definitely fruitful ...
I owned factory back in India ... and always missed some big multinational company in same field .. they do provide competition at initial stage .. but then labor trained by them and their sub contracts alway pays off ....
We can't get high tech machinery from Germany or Japan ... because we don't have money and expertise to train our work force for that.
even companies don't provide service for those machines as ..we small scale manufacturer don't provide big market for them in single year ...

But big company will do all those things which are out of scope for us...
and we will get fruit later..
In Gujarat all most all big companies owns their own power plants to fulfill their demands...

And knowing quality of Pakistani home made automobiles (No offence .. but I heard this from many may Pakistanis that their automobiles companies sucks big time.. for good car they have to Import one )... you guys need companies like Yamaha..

cars produced in Pakistan are best..who told you they suck?You have to ride them to know the reality....we might not have a lot of variety but what we have is quality stuff.
Mitsubishi should invest in Pakistan's energy sector if Japan wants to create jobs or it can invest in tourist destinations and resorts in our northern areas

Yamaha should invest in a company 80% own by Pakistan - 20% owned by Yamaha , and the research and development of engines should be done in Pakistan owned by Pakistani company otherwise its no good deal for Pakistan

Such strict terms in a country which is failing to attract any investor?

Pakistan's loss could well be India's gain. :)

Not Exactly. That would definitely helped Pakistan Economy.

In India, There are already few Giants in 2 Wheeler Segment. Bajaj Auto, Hero, Honda, TVS Motors, M&M + few small companies. Except Honda all are Indian Companies and are quite big. Yamaha has presence in India since very long. They have big plant in Greater Noida . But Yamaha failed to beat 2 Indian Giants like Bajaj Auto and Hero + Honda in last many many years. Still Yamaha is there with small market share in India. Also it was only 150 Million $ Investment (Good for Pakistan). But companies like Hero Honda and Bajaj Auto are more than 20 Billion Dollar company in India + more smaller companies. So 1% more will not make any difference in India.

They were looking Pakistan as Good market for expansion due to lack of big competition. It was good for Pakistan ( Economically, Job wise and Boost more competition). It was bad set of rules/terms by top leadership of Pakistan.

What rubbish!

Not Exactly. That would definitely helped Pakistan Economy.

That's the least of my concerns. I'm not a Pakistani.

In India, There are already few Giants in 2 Wheeler Segment. Bajaj Auto, Hero, Honda, TVS Motors, M&M + few small companies. Except Honda all are Indian Companies and are quite big. Yamaha has presence in India since very long. They have big plant in Greater Noida . But Yamaha failed to beat 2 Indian Giants like Bajaj Auto and Hero + Honda in last many many years. Still Yamaha is there with small market share in India.

They were looking Pakistan as Good market for expansion due to lack of big competition. It was good for Pakistan ( Economically, Job wise and Boost more competition). It was bad set of rules/terms by top leadership of Pakistan.

So what? Any foreign investment is welcome. Period.

What rubbish!

That's the least of my concerns. I'm not a Pakistani.

So what? Any foreign investment is welcome. Period.

I Know, I didn't said Yamaha is good for India. They Failed to beat Indian companies in last 2 Decades. It could have helped Pakistan, I Suppose. I don't know much about 2 wheeler segment in Pakistan. India doesn't need any more company like Yamaha in 2 Wheelers. In Few Sectors, India is already Giant.

I Know, I didn't said Yamaha is good for India. They Failed to beat Indian companies in last 2 Decades. It could have helped Pakistan, I Suppose. I don't know much about 2 wheeler segment in Pakistan. India doesn't need any more company like Yamaha in 2 Wheelers. In Few Sectors, India is already Giant.

The sheer ignorance and stupidity of that statement forbids me from replying in detail.

I would, though, implore you to ask an unemployed Indian whether he would agree that India doesn't need companies like Yamaha anymore or not?

The sheer ignorance and stupidity of that statement forbids me from replying in detail.

I would, though, implore you to ask an unemployed Indian whether he would agree that India doesn't need companies like Yamaha anymore or not?

This is not stupidity, you are not aware of ground reality. I don't talk without knowing the facts. First Check Facts. How much Job Yamaha can provide to Indians ?? By the way, Yamaha is already in India.
http://www.yamaha-motor-India
So What Advantage India will get with more Investment ?? Yamaha was not successful in India. As of Now, The company’s market share stands at 3% at present. How much they can expand ?? You accept or don't accept, Yamaha was not successful in India due to better companies Like Bajaj Auto and Hero Honda. Even TVS motors, M&M doing much better than Yamaha. More Investment doesn't mean more Jobs. Even if Yamaha expands more footprint, I don't think it will increase more jobs in big way. it could be some but will not impact in big way. Yamaha got what was possible in India. Now further investment will not make huge difference.

My View is only for Yamaha that also i am not saying 0 Impact, Saying very less impact. India needs more and more Investment in various sectors.

Anyways, :cheers:

cars produced in Pakistan are best..who told you they suck?You have to ride them to know the reality....we might not have a lot of variety but what we have is quality stuff.
Mitsubishi should invest in Pakistan's energy sector if Japan wants to create jobs or it can invest in tourist destinations and resorts in our northern areas

Ignorance at its best and narrow vision at its peak .. I never told that you guys are making junk ... but compare to other countries yes definitely ...
You guys are importing chinese bikes but not ready to allow some one far superior than those 2nd class company to manufacture some excellent products in your country by your workers...

gr8 ...
And again don't bother to reply me ...
I think so I have bit more knowledge compare to some kid who don't know ABCD of commerce and trades... By telling no to Yamaha indirectly you guys are telling no to many other big companies ....
And about power generation .. you guys needs to fix your house first then invite any outsider to help you .. with all circular debt and power loss and theft .. no business house will gonna invest in it...

This is not stupidity, you are not aware of ground reality. I don't talk without knowing the facts. First Check Facts. How much Job Yamaha can provide to Indians ?? By the way, Yamaha is already in India.
http://www.yamaha-motor-India
So What Advantage India will get with more Investment ?? Yamaha was not successful in India. As of Now, The company’s market share stands at 3% at present. How much they can expand ?? You accept or don't accept, Yamaha was not successful in India due to better companies Like Bajaj Auto and Hero Honda. Even TVS motors, M&M doing much better than Yamaha. More Investment doesn't mean more Jobs. Even if Yamaha expands more footprint, I don't think it will increase more jobs in big way. it could be some but will not impact in big way. Yamaha got what was possible in India. Now further investment will not make huge difference.

My View is only for Yamaha that also i am not saying 0 Impact, Saying very less impact. India needs more and more Investment in various sectors.

Anyways, :cheers:

Instead of targeting Indian market .. they should established plants to export bikes from India............. Many european and japanese companies are doing this or planning to do same ...

@ Nothing

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

India is Way Ahead in 2 Wheeler.

Hero Honda is World largest 2 Wheeler manufacturer. Bajaj Auto is not too far from Hero Honda. M&M and TVS motors also trying best. Indian Companies are world famous companies and doing quite well in 2 Wheeler segment which is helping our Economy, Jobs and Global Footprints. Many Indian Companies also expanding its global footprints.

Instead of targeting Indian market .. they should established plants to export bikes from India............. Many european and japanese companies are doing this or planning to do same ...

This !!!!!!
Nissan started with exporting cars from India .
Hyundai does it , suzuki does it

Yamaha could invest atleast for exporting 2 wheelers if not for domestic market

Bajaj would make a killing in Pakistan if it came in , especially with its uber modern scooters.
Unfortunately the one for the ladies wont still sell here, thanks to Maududi and Wahabi ideologies.

Back
Top Bottom