What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

Come on ... the reason since China is using 3D modeling is proof that the Y-20 is for sale? I must admit I find all your latest posts to put it mildly at best weird and strange, to say it clear, completely off and proof that you havE NO understanding of what you say!
He is a troll and always badmouth about China.

Come on ... the reason since China is using 3D modeling is proof that the Y-20 is for sale? I must admit I find all your latest posts to put it mildly at best weird and strange, to say it clear, completely off and proof that you havE NO understanding of what you say!
Do u have any personal issue with me let me know forbur satisfaction i will deal with u personally

Every time you are trolling me and i challange you dont have any knowledge either
When did i criticised china

Do u have any personal issue with me let me know forbur satisfaction i will deal with u personally

Every time you are trolling me and i challange you dont have any knowledge either

When did i criticised china

No, I have nothing against you personally, but you portray yourself a a big expert and "elite member" based on your alleged vast experience ... in fact all You latest comments regarding the J-10C, its engines and so on to say it mildly are strange and wired or to say it loud and clearly "You know nothing". Even more you are not admitting your faults and learn, instead you are in return posting strange comments to mock others as if "you were only quoting common knowledge!"

And concerning Your last comment and claim "you don#t have any knowledge either"; this is may proof your claim.

Last edited:
I dont think this kind of huge transport plane shall not buy blindly. As what you mention, they have high operating cost due to 4 turbofan. They are only needed when need to transport overweight stuff like MBT.

Of cos the advantage of turbofan will be payload and flying speed.
Mostly probably only acquired in limited numbers and only when the IL-78s are to be retired. Probably a fleet of 6 in a decade or so, two for each of the three Air Force sectors of the PAF; North, Central and South

Pakistan probably needs more twin engine turboprops to move around key pieces of logistics to austere bases or motorways.
Something like single engine Cessana Caravans as well as C-295s, to implement distributed lethality systems like just in time mobilization of drone swarms to the frontlines.

Last edited:
No, I have nothing against you personally, but you portray yourself a a big expert and "elite member" based on your alleged vast experience ... in fact all You latest comments regarding the J-10C, its engines and so on to say it mildly are strange and wired or to say it loud and clearly "You know nothing". Even more you are not admitting your faults and learn, instead you are in return posting strange comments to mock others as if "you were only quoting common knowledge!"

And concerning Your last comment and claim "you don#t have any knowledge either"; this is may proof your claim.

Where did i potray im elite member do u lost ur mind i only smell jealousy in you

Probleum is with u dont believe on healthy debate

Where did i potray im elite member do u lost ur mind i only smell jealousy in you

Probleum is with u dont believe on healthy debate

There is nothing to debate based on false claims. This would be as if you claim the sky is green and anyone knows it is blue but you insist for a "healthy debate"! Claiming all J-10Cs especially current production ones are using Russian engines or the Y-20 would be for sale since they use 3D printing is like claiming the sky is green. So no need to discuss.

And as for jealousy, I'm surly not jealous for you. :omghaha:

There is nothing to debate based on false claims. This would be as if you claim the sky is green and anyone knows it is blue but you insist for a "healthy debate"! Claiming all J-10Cs especially current production ones are using Russian engines or the Y-20 would be for sale since they use 3D printing is like claiming the sky is green. So no need to discuss.

And as for jealousy, I'm surly not jealous for you. :omghaha:
Do u have any sracks in j 10 sales other wise u keep fighting me i dont impose my self dont agree with me but ur fighting here trolling contnously

Keep saying im saying that im elite member do u answer that

Do u have any sracks in j 10 sales other wise u keep fighting me i dont impose my self dont agree with me but ur fighting here trolling contnously

Keep saying im saying that im elite member do u answer that

Why do you demand any „sracks“ - by the way what does this mean - on J-10 sales, when anyone knows, there are so far no sales? Again you are claiming the sky is green … and only try to divert the discussion away from your blatant errors.

As such I#m not trolling, I‘m correcting you stupid claims and mistakes and in fact I don‘t know why you even insist in such BS? In fact You are the one who‘s trolling.

I doubt China will export Y20 with Russian engines because there will be opposition from Russia, as this will be a competition with IL-76.

The first export of Y20 will probably be several years after new Chinese engines (WS-20) are fitted, and only when the foreign buyers are confident that the domestic engines have reached maturity.

Also, China has a large demand for airlifting due to current geopolitical situations in Western highlands and islands on the East, Xi'an AVIC will have to prioritize satisfying the domestic orders for Y20.

I doubt China will export Y20 with Russian engines because there will be opposition from Russia, as this will be a competition with IL-76.

The first export of Y20 will probably be several years after new Chinese engines (WS-20) are fitted, and only when the foreign buyers are confident that the domestic engines have reached maturity.

Also, China has a large demand for airlifting due to current geopolitical situations in Western highlands and islands on the East, Xi'an AVIC will have to prioritize satisfying the domestic orders for Y20.

Russia has sold blueprint of D-30KP-2 engine to China. Chengdu Engine Group is now responsible on manufacturing and further improving this engine. H-6K is also using the same engine. It's been named as WS-18 in China. So there shouldn't be problems for export.

@Super Falcon @FuturePAF
again pakistan fanboys should know that pakistan has neither money nor any technology; plus it is even politically isolated because US, europe, russia all friendly with india, likely against pakistan, only neighboring china friendly; despite of all, they sound like they have choice and always keep suspicious of chinese technology no matter what is like; they also sound like everything from china is almost free and pakistan can get it whenever necessary; please note that chinese arms is surely neither like indian tejas nor free; again everything is up to china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC)
surely because he is among pakistani and pakistan does NOT respect china; chinese boys also should know that most pakistani call china 'alliance' which actually means 'everything is free from china' and that's how they understand the alliance with china; pakistan just want free money and goods from china; pakistan is only full of the poor and even many pakistan elite escape to western for living;; so far it seems china also just want pakistani gateway to Indian Ocean for its shorter trade route; chinese should understand that two are different by region, race, language, and even key interests, so pakistan CAN'T be part of chinese ideal; thus it is important for china to just focus on china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC)

Last edited:
Russia has sold blueprint of D-30KP-2 engine to China. Chengdu Engine Group is now responsible on manufacturing and further improving this engine. H-6K is also using the same engine. It's been named as WS-18 in China. So there shouldn't be problems for export.
But ws-20 is better,right?So,waiting 2~3 years for Y-20B with WS-20 is worth.

Last edited:

PLAAF has a huge demand for Y-20, I guess in hundreds. But the rate of production is still low, perhaps waiting for WS-20 becos only with which Y-20 can perform short field takeoff/landing, dirt/unpaved airstrip takeoff/landing, maximum rated payload/range as designed.

Before number of WS-20 equipped Y-20 reaches few hundreds (all variants like AWAC & tanker included) in PLAAF, chance of export is minimal.

Last edited:
@Super Falcon @FuturePAF
again pakistan fanboys should know that pakistan has neither money nor any technology; plus it is even politically isolated because US, europe, russia all friendly with india, likely against pakistan, only neighboring china friendly; despite of all, they sound like they have choice and always keep suspicious of chinese technology no matter what is like; they also sound like everything from china is almost free and pakistan can get it whenever necessary; please note that chinese arms is surely neither like indian tejas nor free; again everything is up to china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC)

surely because he is among pakistani and pakistan does NOT respect china; chinese boys also should know that most pakistani call china 'alliance' which actually means 'everything is free from china' and that's how they understand the alliance with china; pakistan just want free money and goods from china; pakistan is only full of the poor and even many pakistan elite escape to western for living;; so far it seems china also just want pakistani gateway to Indian Ocean for its shorter trade route; chinese should understand that two are different by region, race, language, and even key interests, so pakistan CAN'T be part of chinese ideal; thus it is important for china to just focus on china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC)

If you hadn’t notice, this is a Pakistan Defense Forum. What do you think would be discussed here?

Read the posts above, the question is about buying the Y-20, and if it fits into the requirements and budget. No one thinks it will be free, only you. The PAF Il-78 were from Ukraine, and I’m sure there are other western suppliers that would make bids if Pakistan opened up a tender. All products are evaluated in open competition, just like the attack helicopter tender. Pakistan has experience operating equipment on the battlefield in recent years, so its input is its contribution in R&D. Chinese arms have improved in every field, and have won tenders on merit, which is why Pakistan is the number one customer.

If you think Pakistan doesn’t respect China, then you don’t know Pakistan. Pakistan was the first country to recognize the PRC, and even helped broker the back channel meeting between Kissinger and Mao, leading to the opening to China, and China re-entering the global fold, especially economically.

If you think you have to be of the same Race, Region, Language to be “Ideal” partners and to be able to share interests you don’t understand geopolitics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom