What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

I want to put this aircraft in Flight simulator X , DCS 2.0 and GTA 5 . if someone has a 3d model do let me know otherwise i will purchase it in a months time. I love this bird alot.

Rumored Y 20 of Aerial Refueling Tanker
08B8A4BA30A7E7BCD4C4FE9BA5A9D80FE946976E_w567_h466.jpg

A question, china built Y-20 very quickly but still struggles to built commercial planes like C919 etc, is commercial plane much more difficult to built??

A question, china built Y-20 very quickly but still struggles to built commercial planes like C919 etc, is commercial plane much more difficult to built??
Y 20 is military projects under Central CCP leadership,no need to consider costs at the first place and no need to wait foreign engines!

Last edited:
C919 needs to be certified by FAA or EASA to prove it is safe enough, that will take a long time. It is designed and produced by COMAC and it involves a more complex supplier system.

Actually, Y-20 is a much more complex and difficult project. A military grade 200tons transport plane need to land on unprepared air strap. The amount of sand , dust places great demand on the robustness. Plus advance avionics to allow accurate airdrop of equipment day and night... plus Intergration of many military grade equipment like chaff or ECM. All these are not require for commercial aircraft.

Now I think it is indeed only a standard Y-20A with all four D-30s under maintenance and their service panels opened. (via "by78"/SDF)

Y-20 vs Il-76LL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom