What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

Cmq2xp7WAAAN5Nr.jpg:large

Cmq2xAkWYAEn7j3.jpg:large

Chinese large freighter plane enters military service
Source: Xinhua 2016-07-06 12:18:25

CHENGDU, July 6 (Xinhua) -- Y-20, China's homegrown large transport aircraft, officially joined the People's Liberation Army Air Force on Wednesday.

Good new, we wait for the moment many years.
Hope Y20 can help to transport relief material to flood areas this time.

Good new, we wait for the moment many years.
Hope Y20 can help to transport relief material to flood areas this time.
I hope Y-20 can replace all IL-76 in few years time and we rid of all these terrible Russian made stuff. We will have a made in China military image. :enjoy:

I hope Y-20 can replace all IL-76 in few years time and we rid of all these terrible Russian made stuff. We will have a made in China military image. :enjoy:

Really? Il-76 performed not bad I heard, it is just too small.

My friends ... now PLAAF is the strategic airforce, the mass production of Y-20 can bring China & PLA power to any global hotspot in the world.:china:

I believe not too long we will see China Y-20 fleet as many as American C-17, the PLAAF into new high-level 8-)
2c65b7d3572c11df18a155fc652762d0f603c23e.jpg
1226065577916.jpg

Last edited:
Who knows, maybe China build one that is like the C-5 Galaxy.
latest

Too expensive to maintain.

From wiki:

The cargo hold of the C-5 is one foot longer than the entire length of the first powered flight by the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk.[51] For its voracious consumption of fuel and its maintenance and reliability issues[52] the Galaxy's aircrews have nicknamed it FRED, for: Fucking[N 1] Ridiculous, Economic/Environmental Disaster.[52]

Its hard to imagine that such a beast was built in the 60s though.

Too expensive to maintain.

From wiki:

The cargo hold of the C-5 is one foot longer than the entire length of the first powered flight by the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk.[51] For its voracious consumption of fuel and its maintenance and reliability issues[52] the Galaxy's aircrews have nicknamed it FRED, for: Fucking[N 1] Ridiculous, Economic/Environmental Disaster.[52]

Its hard to imagine that such a beast was built in the 60s though.

There were many planes that were made at the time that was hard to imagine. Even some that are still flying during that time. Best one to remember was the SR-71 that was made at the time.

Back
Top Bottom