What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

It shall you be the one defending your stance when on WZ-10 when a whole batch of new one fitted with new EO line up outside the factory. While your ridiculous assessment of them being just refurbished is just sound so out of line.
WS-20 will eventually evolved into even civilian engine series for C919.
WS-18 with D-30KP2 almost similiar and faster induction rate will no doubt solved the Y-20 urgent need w/o waiting for WS-20 engines.
its up to u to trust the Chinese forum source. Isn't the divine eagle started initial source also came from Chinese forum? Now it become reality with initial flight and photo.

You are indeed funny … either You simply can’t argue or You don’t want to argue or – and that’s what so far is my conclusion – You simply have no clue, You have no proof other than links in some Chinese fora that simply fits Your opinion. Everything else is bashed down as anti-Chinese-propaganda, based on stupid or unreliable or anti-Chinese sources. But that’s not the way to discuss … Even more why should be a Pakistani-Forum more reliable than a Chinese one even if run in English ??

Sorry, but if I remember correctly in all controversial discussions we both had so far it is always this way:
  1. WS-10 on J-20: You say it is a WS-10, even a WS-10G without giving a source, a link, no photographic proof or at least an argument that would assist Your claim, nothing. I in return explained that I’m not sure, that however all my observations, all external details and also many reports – and there are many widely different ones around – give a hint that it is an AL-31FN … but You only tell my sources are wrong, unreliable or stupid without giving any sources on Your own.

2. WZ-16 on Z-10: You say it is a WZ-16 (+ new sensors) without giving a source, a link, no photographic proof or at least an argument that would assist Your claim, nothing. I in return explained that I’m not sure, that however all my observations, all external details and also many reports – and there are many widely different ones around – give a hint that these are actually only refurbished pre-serials (even the serials number 1014 is another hint !). You not even give an argument why after a new fuselage was designed they returned back to the old heavier one. And by the way it’s not a whole batch there are only a few and these have not even an operational LH-serial. … but You only tell my sources are wrong, unreliable or stupid without giving any sources on Your own.

3. WS-18 suitable for that What-if transport: You argue that beast has better aerodynamics, that the WS-18 is a vastly modernized and improved engine and not a mere D-60KP … but You simply ignore that an old design with only roughly half the required thrust to propel such a 90t-cargo-capacity monster transport (to remind that is about 3/2 the amount the Y-20 is to carry) could use the same engines especially if more modern ones are already on the horizon ? … simply forget it.
As such I don’t know Your background, but I come from nature-science, Chemistry to be precisely, where I learned to argue, to proof a claim and not only to believe what fit’s my opinion. Sorry to say this, but in my opinion you're simply nothing more than a chatterbox who do not want to argue or who cannot argue simply because he has no arguments other than his opinion, and even more who is unfortunately too arrogant to accept anything else but the own opinion regardless how justified another opinion is.

But hey, it’s o.k. we are all free to have our own opinion if You want to stick in Your dream-world as a fan-boy it’s o.k. …. But don’t expect anyone to take You seriously anymore.

Have a nice day,
Deino

Last edited:
You are indeed funny … either You simply can’t argue or You don’t want to argue or – and that’s what so far is my conclusion – You simply have no clue, You have no proof other than links in some Chinese fora that simply fits Your opinion. Everything else is bashed down as anti-Chinese-propaganda, based on stupid or unreliable or anti-Chinese sources. But that’s not the way to discuss … Even more why should be a Pakistani-Forum more reliable than a Chinese one even if run in English ??

Sorry, but if I remember correctly in all controversial discussions we both had so far it is always this way:
  1. WS-10 on J-20: You say it is a WS-10, even a WS-10G without giving a source, a link, no photographic proof or at least an argument that would assist Your claim, nothing. I in return explained that I’m not sure, that however all my observations, all external details and also many reports – and there are many widely different ones around – give a hint that it is an AL-31FN … but You only tell my sources are wrong, unreliable or stupid without giving any sources on Your own.

2. WZ-16 on Z-10: You say it is a WZ-16 (+ new sensors) without giving a source, a link, no photographic proof or at least an argument that would assist Your claim, nothing. I in return explained that I’m not sure, that however all my observations, all external details and also many reports – and there are many widely different ones around – give a hint that these are actually only refurbished pre-serials (even the serials number 1014 is another hint !). You not even give an argument why after a new fuselage was designed they returned back to the old heavier one. And by the way it’s not a whole batch there are only a few and these have not even an operational LH-serial. … but You only tell my sources are wrong, unreliable or stupid without giving any sources on Your own.

3. WS-18 suitable for that What-if transport: You argue that beast has better aerodynamics, that the WS-18 is a vastly modernized and improved engine and not a mere D-60KP … but You simply ignore that an old design with only roughly half the required thrust to propel such a 90t-cargo-capacity monster transport (to remind that is about 3/2 the amount the Y-20 is to carry) could use the same engines especially if more modern ones are already on the horizon ? … simply forget it.
As such I don’t know Your background, but I come from nature-science, Chemistry to be precisely, where I learned to argue, to proof a claim and not only to believe what fit’s my opinion. Sorry to say this, but in my opinion you're simply nothing more than a chatterbox who do not want to argue or who cannot argue simply because he has no arguments other than his opinion, and even more who is unfortunately too arrogant to accept anything else but the own opinion regardless how justified another opinion is.

But hey, it’s o.k. we all free to have our own opinion if You want to stick in Your dream-world as a fan-boy it’s o.k. …. But don’t expect anyone to take You seriously anymore.

Have a nice day,
Deino

I know nothing about engines, yet I have upvoted your comment because I too have observed that anything mildly different from what some (and I stress some) Chinese desire here is shot down as Anti-China act/propaganda.

For some Chinese here, touching Communist doctrine remains a blasphemy, and it is weird, because Communist doctrine was brought from Europe, most of the people in Chinese revolution had studied abroad. Not only this, for a long time the Mandarins in the Qing court kept rejecting any reform by using the excuse of Nationalism, and the authority of the son of Heaven, and pretty much like modern day Chinese kept resisting reform in the name of Chineseness.

It all ended with continuous fall of Qing, and the intellectuals of the 20th century had a bitter disdain about traditional Chinese culture, who they thought at the time kept them down. This is the background with which Mao took power, and he inherited the disdain for Traditional Chinese Culture, and hence had no remorse in launching the Cultural Revolution.

Cultural Revolution was the single biggest treachery against the Chinese nation, by far, because it was a conscious effort to wipe out Chinese tradition.

Y-X0???:azn::D:enjoy:

194337a077lo0exmt3fe86.jpg.thumb.jpg

194334tooo1fk87jmop7qc.jpg.thumb.jpg

194334vjpsijj9mko8phxr.jpg.thumb.jpg

194335alpgxx66l8pgmvmv.jpg.thumb.jpg

194336jykhp6o9vkq9sky4.jpg.thumb.jpg

194339b5aygg5bf0geq8e0.jpg.thumb.jpg
194342kc5kr2nqk4kfwlxr.jpg.thumb.jpg

Competitor of C-5 Galaxy and An-225

But both - sadly - only nice conceptual artworks or what-ifs at best !

But hey, it’s o.k. we are all free to have our own opinion if You want to stick in Your dream-world as a fan-boy it’s o.k. …. But don’t expect anyone to take You seriously anymore.

Have a nice day,
Deino
i couldnt agree more...
some chinese members here either lost or lack the reasoning & thinking ability...same mentality as in cultural revolution

i couldnt agree more...
some chinese members here either lost or lack the reasoning & thinking ability...same mentality as in cultural revolution

I agree, some Chinese members here are Han Chauvinists, the same people both Sun Yat sen and Mao zedong warned against. They also have very wrong ideas about Cultural Revolution.

Anybody know how the indigenous engines for the y-20 are progressing? Those needed to fulfill the full potential of the y-20? I believe flight testing on a il-76/78 started in 2013.

Without WS-20, there is still WS-18 which has passed all prelimnary test and is under going mass production now to support future Y-20 and H-6K and PLAAF fleet of IL-76. WS-18 has slight better thrust and longer lifespan than D-30K2 which is enough to fulfil China need.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom