What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

You can check out the whole world .

You can find so many Chinese people almost in every country.

Most of them can not speak foreign language , but they study hard and work hard to make their lives.

And if you have time to go over china , you will find Uighur in every city , I guarantee you that .

Some of those Uighur people work hard to make money. They open their small businesses , like restaurant/BBQ ,or find a job in factory. Normally ,when they hold their feet and have stable work, the whole family will follow.

Some guys do not like to work , they become violent thieves.

I have a Uighur friend also . This guy is a fat guy , just like me , his kebab is awesome, I always prefer his restaurant and introduce it to my friends .At first ,it is very hard to understand each other , but just half year later , we can talk to each other very well . Because he always tries to talk to his customers .

In conclusion , the language can not be used as excuse . Han Chinese face the same situation,and some Uighur people do quite well also.

BTW ,some companies do not like to hire Uighur indeed. But that is not because of racism ,the actual reason is the dietary habit . Han Chinese eat a lot of pork , it is not so easy to cook Muslin food.

Private companies can hire whomever they want. It's their money.

Private companies can hire whomever they want. It's their money.

In the field of economics and business management this is called bias and preferential treatment. Not only is this unethical, but negates the organization's diversity initiative. Chinese companies should provide job opportunities for the minorities.

Yes .

But Uighur peoples' dietary habit is really a problem.
Again we are back to religion. I would be hesitant to hire someone who need special accommodation as it takes time and resources away from my company.

Again we are back to religion. I would be hesitant to hire someone who need special accommodation as it takes time and resources away from my company.

So , in effect, you condone discrimination.

:disagree:

Last edited:
Yes .

But Uighur peoples' dietary habit is really a problem.
The uyghurs don't like your mentality.
What if an uygur owns a company that deals in international trade where he meets with many international clients and he decides not hire an older han chinese man because he is used to spitting all of the time? The uyghur thinks that this behavior can scare off customers.

(Im not comparing halal food requirements to spit im just using it because the scenarios are similar.)

Hiring the best possible candidate is discrimination?
Companies always try and find the best people.

By ignoring the religious sensitivities of a group of people; and selecting one group instead of another is called discrimination. In Japan this is actually frowned upon.

In fact, Japan even hires technical professionals from middle eastern, south asian countries. We look at their 'overall' strengths: 1) education, 2) mastery of japanese language, 3) professionalism as per their curriculum vitae. Religious background or cultural difference is least of our concern.

This is why sometimes why some Japanese organizations hire foreigners for positions than even Japanese applicants.

independence?i can say,chinese have 1000 ways force your country be disintegrating,but you have less one way make xinjiang independent.
what is truth,the truth is so mang people here are giants of keyboard and dwarfs of reality.
i dont want to talk how is Uigur,i have been to Urumchi when my friend gained a university of shanghai,she told me some inviting and blessedly stories about the event of 7.5 in 2009.
i can say people here dont understand a real xinjiang.and they just judge according to media.
everyone think HAN bully and oppress Uigur,just check the population growth of Uigur?and the Uigur policy.
and what govt's wrong is that govt's given benifits is not Uigur' want.

The uyghurs don't like your mentality.

What if an uygur owns a company that deals in international trade where he meets with many international clients and he decides not hire an older han chinese man because he is used to spitting all of the time? The uyghur thinks that this behavior can scare off customers.

(Im not comparing halal food requirements to spit im just using it because the scenarios are similar.)
If it's the Uighur's owners money and he is risking his money in a business, he can hire whomever he thinks will be able to perform the best job.

Your analogy is not good. How does the Uighur know this Chinese man spits all the time if they just met for an interview, unless of course you Turk believe all older Chinese men spit all the time?

independence?i can say,chinese have 1000 ways force your country be disintegrating,but you have less one way make xinjiang independent.
what is truth,the truth is so mang people here are giants of keyboard and dwarfs of reality.
i dont want to talk how is Uigur,i have been to Urumchi when my friend gained a university of shanghai,she told me some inviting and blessedly stories about the event of 7.5 in 2009.
i can say people here dont understand a real xinjiang.and they just judge according to media.
everyone think HAN bully and oppress Uigur,just check the population growth of Uigur?and the Uigur policy.
and what govt's wrong is that govt's given benifits is not Uigur' want.

Some of the comments of your fellow compatriots , which heralds and supports discriminative policies for people of the Islamic faith in the basis of their eating habits (preference for halal food). With these comments , I can only empathize with some of the protestations of the Uighur people. If i was a muslim and the country -- i would like it if that country would be sensitive of my religious background and faith. Instead of promoting a culture of inclusivity and cherishing the religious and ethnic differences, there is a sense of xenophobia and exclusivity for those who do not belong to a particular ethnic group.

This is , in my honest opinion, counterproductive.

Some of the comments of your fellow compatriots , which heralds and supports discriminative policies for people of the Islamic faith in the basis of their eating habits (preference for halal food). With these comments , I can only empathize with some of the protestations of the Uighur people. If i was a muslim and the country -- i would like it if that country would be sensitive of my religious background and faith. Instead of promoting a culture of inclusivity and cherishing the religious and ethnic differences, there is a sense of xenophobia and exclusivity for those who do not belong to a particular ethnic group.

This is , in my honest opinion, counterproductive.

yeah,i know what you mean,the CCP's Uygur policy is half successful,they just reinforce controls of xinjiang,and failure to make Uygur integrate into the whloe chinese nation.
but i dont think independence of xinjiang will be hanppened.
both the views of HAN think Uygur and Uygur think HAN were never changed although it passed nearly 70years.this is the point of Uygur issue

yeah,i know what you mean,the CCP's Uygur policy is half successful,they just reinforce controls of xinjiang,and failure to make Uygur integrate into the whloe chinese nation.
but i dont think independence of xinjiang will be hanppened.
both the views of HAN think Uygur and Uygur think HAN were never changed although it passed nearly 70years.this is the point of Uygur issue

I've never , not once, in my posts in this thread said that I believe Xinjiang should be given independence. I've voiced out for more enlightened approach to dealing with the Uighyur minority, stressing for more liberal policies that takes into consideration their muslim sensitivities. Unless you take these consideration, the problem will remain an issue. I've also stated that China can learn from some of the policies taken by Indonesia and Russia to build a culture of inclusivity and autonomy for said subject peoples.

Please read into Russian economic developments into Chechnya, as well as autonomy. Please read into Indonesia's development in Banda Aceh, Aceh Province, into Irian Jaya. Two areas that have been hostile grounds and home to separatist groups, but have been developed by Jakarta.

So you are okay with traditional Han food ?

Traditional han food?

There's so many kinds of Chinese food, bro. You want spicy, you get Sichuan style, if you want brothy you get Beijing style, if you want something as close to south east asian food, you get Cantonese style.

I think the term you mean is "chinese food" ? I mean, even the concept of Chinese food is vast.

Back
Top Bottom