What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

East-Turkestan aint your land, not historically nor in the present. Its a period of occupation for the people there, it will pass. Every empire and nation will fall out one point, and that time will come for your commie "peoples democratic" state. I aint sensitive, i'm just speaking the hard and painfull truth, not artificial notion of "Xinjiang" is going to change the name and history of that region.
Okay , then just wait for "that time" and their isn't a country named East-Tukestan in the country list of UN.

QQ56FE724720150223111811_zpse2f12a76.jpg

Xinjiang Anti-terrorists malitia, Almost all terrorists destroyed were first spotted and reported to the government by the locals.

59736C115175207_zpsffc3c7a2.jpg

122.jpg

Xinjiang has 13 ethnic groups living there, it's not only a Uyghur land. Tajiks, Russians, Hui and so many other ethnic groups are not Turks
14135143100_zpswtl55yaz.jpg

Okay , then just wait for "that time" and their isn't a country named East-Tukestan in the country list of UN.

A couple years ago Sudan was one sovereign state, now there is South-Sudan. Nationhood is only another embodiment of an empire, and empires always fall.

@BordoEnes

Xinjiang has been part of China since 1950s. During that time, there's up and downs. What the people of Xinjiang has seen, be it on television or internet, or through their own personal experience is one of change.

They have seen China going from a poor country that had muddy roads to one that has the second longest highway system and the largest High Speed Rail network.

They have seen a nation that had trouble making a lamp to the biggest industrial nation on earth.

They have seen a nation that lived in home made brick houses to a city being built left right and center.

They have seen a nation that can barely make a satellite to edging ever closer to its own space station.

The point is the younger people of Xinjiang and even the older ones have seen this tremendous transformation, on the other hand the middle east and central Asia is as poor and troubled as ever.

There are problems I agree, but having seen all of this, why would the majority of Uyghur people even want independence. Especially since they have no connection to a Turkish identity since the time they were born. For better or worse like the African Americans, they can say they feel a divide, but they are still not African.

A few nut jobs doesn't count, as even Americans and Canadians join ISIS, doesn't mean living in America is worse than joining ISIS.

There's a big gap between unsatisfied with the government to wanting independence.

Open a geographical map and look at where East-Turkestan lies. If they are "East" then there as sure as hell is an West, South and North Turkestan states that are willing to liberate that region.

Open up a map, Xinjiang is in East Asia just like Tibet is. Meanwhile West Armenia, West Kurdistan and Eastern Greece are historical realities.

I aint worried. We have a dosen Turkic republics in the world, half of them being Russian federal subjects but more then enough recognition.

None of which take you seriously, all of which have good ties with China.[/quote][/QUOTE]

so does Turkey.

Right.

@BordoEnes

Xinjiang has been part of China since 1950s. During that time, there's up and downs. What the people of Xinjiang has seen, be it on television or internet, or through their own personal experience is one of change.

They have seen China going from a poor country that had muddy roads to one that has the second longest highway system and the largest High Speed Rail network.

They have seen a nation that had trouble making a lamp to the biggest industrial nation on earth.

They have seen a nation that lived in home made brick houses to a city being built left right and center.

They have seen a nation that can barely make a satellite to edging ever closer to its own space station.

The point is the younger people of Xinjiang and even the older ones have seen this tremendous transformation, on the other hand the middle east and central Asia is as poor and troubled as ever.

There are problems I agree, but having seen all of this, why would the majority of Uyghur people even want independence. Especially since they have no connection to a Turkish identity since the time they were born. For better or worse like the African Americans, they can say they feel a divide, but they are still not African.

A few nut jobs doesn't count, as even Americans and Canadians join ISIS, doesn't mean living in America is worse than joining ISIS.

There's a big gap between unsatisfied with the government to wanting independence.

I never said they should neccesarly gain independence, my worries lie with the assimilation and oppresion of their religion, history, traditions, culture and identity. You take care of that, and then Turkic people will leave you alone.

I would say the conditions in China's Xinjiang and Turkey's West Kurdistan are totally different.

In Xinjiang, we are pouring billions of dollars in infra and supra-structures, building new cities, upgrading old ones, providing universal healthcare, education (in national language), and solidifying the national culture through media, entertainment and private business.

In Turkey's Kurdistan, you (by you, I mean your government only - I do not address any specific person here) are literally conducting a war, sending heavy military systems upon small cities/towns, putting sharp shooters on top of buildings and playing very ethno-nationalist music, drawing sign on the walls of emptied schools, further agitating people. To give a very dramatic example, Turkish security forces have stripped a Kurdish woman off her clothes and dragged her for miles behind a security vehicle. Your government have killed Kurdish people from 3 month-olds to 80-year olds. All of these are happening as we speak in your Kurdistan region.

Your country is indeed facing a dire situation while in your big cities extremist groups such as ISIS, JN, AS and others are having their best time. How many best friends do you have in your neighborhood? No one in their sane mind would like to go to your country let alone live there. Those few Uighurs who choose to go there, we are only happy about this. We are thankful to Russia for ensuring that they would never be able to come back to China.

I would say Xinjiang is the least of your concerns. We control the situation, rest assured. People are being assimilated and the young are being secularized and you can do nothing about it. We will assimilate them until the last joint in their minds. We have a national rejuvenation and achieving great power status business to complete. Only last year, we added a one-and-a-half Turkey into our GDP. Why would we even take you slightly seriously?

I would suggest respecting each other's sovereignty and upholding non-interference in each other's national affairs. That's pragmatically because it is your country that is standing on a very precarious place.

So essentialy you admit China is forcing assimiliation and oppression of Uyghur Turks. Good to know we are on the same pace.

So essentialy you admit China is forcing assimiliation and oppression of Uyghur Turks. Good to know we are on the same pace.
We take care our people better than you take care of your people. The reason why they still have strong sense of ethnicity identity is because unlike Russia who forcibly made their minorities adopt Russian names and speak Russian in stead of their own languages, China never force them to give up their own everything in the past 6 decades and that's part of China's current problem now, almost all of them can speak Chinese.

Last edited:

Assimilation, definitely. This is how you become a nation: Adopting a common language and culture while protecting multiplicity at the local level. This is good for business because diversity attracts tourism. And China is a much bigger tourist destination than Turkey has ever been because China is the world's richest nation in terms of culture.

Oppression, on the other hand, is Turkey's way of handling the Kurds and other minorities. This could be empirically verified as we watch it on the alternative media every evening.

I never said they should neccesarly gain independence, my worries lie with the assimilation and oppresion of their religion, history, traditions, culture and identity. You take care of that, and then Turkic people will leave you alone.

You obviously don't know China. Xinjiang isn't a rich place. Even if Chinese government wanted to erase the language they can't. They don't have enough teachers. On average, less than half of the teachers there can teach Mandarin.

The "forced" immigration, are mostly these teachers and skilled workers, but believe me, almost no one wants to go. If it was you would you? Shanghai or Urumuqi.

Is there a racial bias? Yes, is it pretty bad? Probably, China is still nation that can discriminate base on gender and age, unofficially, much less race. Though like all developed nations before it, China will move forward, the Uyghur people are much more integrated into the Chinese society than their parents in the 80s and 90s. Only a matter of time.

Also in terms of religion, Turkey is a Muslim country hence the importance on Islam, but China is an officially Atheist nation. The new generation will not want to be Muslim, just like Netherlands. It isn't necessarily crushing it, but unless it is in a ultra religious environment, religion is usually cast to the side.

Lastly, I don't mean to be mean, but Turkish people will leave us alone? You don't have to, like Johnston to Sherman, you can do no more than annoy us.

Human history is all about assimilation and regrouping, study history first. Turks themselves are the best example for this process.
Yeah every few hundred years, racial setup change.But how come Han are still intact ? .

Human history is all about assimilation and regrouping, study history first. Turks themselves are the best example for this process.

Right, but the human history is one big blood shed due the revolutions, uprisings, oppression, inequality and etc. You look at the history from one perspective, but thats the dumbest thing one person can dol.

Its true that assimiliation is part of Human history, that wont stop people from fighting against it.

You obviously don't know China. Xinjiang isn't a rich place. Even if Chinese government wanted to erase the language they can't. They don't have enough teachers. On average, less than half of the teachers there can teach Mandarin.

The "forced" immigration, are mostly these teachers and skilled workers, but believe me, almost no one wants to go. If it was you would you? Shanghai or Urumuqi.

Is there a racial bias? Yes, is it pretty bad? Probably, China is still nation that can discriminate base on gender and age, unofficially, much less race. Though like all developed nations before it, China will move forward, the Uyghur people are much more integrated into the Chinese society than their parents in the 80s and 90s. Only a matter of time.

Also in terms of religion, Turkey is a Muslim country hence the importance on Islam, but China is an officially Atheist nation. The new generation will not want to be Muslim, just like Netherlands. It isn't necessarily crushing it, but unless it is in a ultra religious environment, religion is usually cast to the side.

Lastly, I don't mean to be mean, but Turkish people will leave us alone? You don't have to, like Johnston to Sherman, you can do no more than annoy us.

As the most prominent rising Turkic country in the world, our policies and stances will directly influence the Uyghur issue, we can do much more then simply annoy you. Remember, you border Turkic countries.

Right, but the human history is one big blood shed due the revolutions, uprisings, oppression, inequality and etc. You look at the history from one perspective, but thats the dumbest thing one person can dol.

Its true that assimiliation is part of Human history, that wont stop people from fighting against it.
I think nature give everyone chance and its all survival for the fittest or absolute power bring absolute corruption...an old saying. That's how Romans and Greeks went down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom