What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

@Kolaps ,

Would you say that most Taiwanese hold this feeling towards Mainlanders ? I always thought most Taiwanese were fond of Mainlander Chinese as what members such as @TaiShang and the rest posit here. Just curious.

Taiwanese people, as I noticed, has lost most of the self-righteousness and self-aggrandizement that they used to hold against the motherland China and the the pessimism and fatalism can almost be touched among the general populace as the once-celebrated country falls behind the motherland in almost every aspect of a good governance. The latest food scandals just put another nail on the coffin; long gone are the days when the motherland-hating minority used to bash China and pride upon the existing democracy for keeping the government accountable and efficient. Those people have fallen into silent on the acceptance that they in fact are so similar to their motherland compatriots, if not worse.

China, I should say, has been receiving increasing approval and support (no matter how implicit it is) from the average Taiwanese because of the increasing efficiency, credibility, power and scale of the Chinese government which actually delivers concrete results. China, in a sense, is winning hearts and minds. On Chinese TVs you can see more mainland Chinese productions running and receiving high ratings than Korean or Japanese. Taiwanese are feeling a silent pride of the successes of the country.

Japan is not being hated, for sure, but, I can say, there is no over-the-board admiration. Youngsters are not crazy about Japanese tech; neither do they consume Japanese entertainment more than they do with Korean. The generation with vivid Japanese memories are dying off and the young generation has so far grown with the daily stories of China rising.

Now that's the picture over here and anybody can do the math.

940fd323f08079d1dd5ff584954fe751.jpg

A series of explosions in the western Chinese province of Xinjiang has killed at least two people and injured many, according to the local government.

A brief notice about the multiple blasts in Xinjiang's Luntai county appeared on local government website Tianshan eight hours after the explosions happened.

It said the fatal blasts injured many people, and that local police responded quickly.

The Tianshan report did not say what caused the explosions, or give a precise number of injured.

Violent and often deadly attacks continue to be mounted in the western Chinese province despite intense security and an official war on terrorism.

The Chinese government fears religious extremists have infiltrated its borders from neighbouring Pakistan and Afghanistan.

It also blames an overseas separatist movement for instigating the violence in Xinjiang.

Clashes between locals and security forces in Xinjiang - home to the mostly-Muslim Uighur minority - as well as attacks targeting civilians, have killed more than 200 people in the past year.

The controversial trial of an ethnic Uighur scholar will see a verdict tomorrow.

Economist Ilham Tohti faces separatism charges and will more than likely be sent to gaol. Human rights groups say it is a way of silencing a government critic.

Multiple explosions in China's restless Xinjiang kill two, injure 'many': government - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

@Fukuoka @senheiser @Horus and others, any comments on this tragic incident?

Does this mean that China's restless West will turn violent even more? How can China deal with this potential issue the best?

@Fukuoka @senheiser @Horus and others, any comments on this tragic incident?

Does this mean that China's restless West will turn violent even more? How can China deal with this potential issue the best?
This is an old pic.
But to answer, i think for the moment Syria is taking all the attack of zionist ISIS, but as NATO are importing georgians and chinese in quantity, we can believe that in the future there is a war like this in China & Russia

This is an old pic.
But to answer, i think for the moment Syria is taking all the attack of zionist ISIS, but as NATO are importing georgians and chinese in quantity, we can believe that in the future there is a war like this in China & Russia

Such civil unrest, if not controlled, will have implications for China's economic progress.

It would be a miracle - The way I know China.
But you can have your finger in the pie...
Just don't appear for any PhD exam...

Pies, PhDs and miracles in China? That combination does not make sense without an further explanation.

these fucking Islamic terrorists blowing things all around the globe:hitwall:

An article long on speculation and short on substance. The article itself admits that no foreigners have been allowed into Xinjiang yet they have all of this wonderfully detailed "evidence" of Chinese "brutality." And the article basically equates heightened security measures to "a War on Islam." Typical Western attempts to "divide and conquer" China/Pakistan.

Bottom line, no one is being dragged out of their homes, "disappeared", or whatever speculative nonsense that's currently being pedaled. In fact, during the last terrorism crackdown, an overwhelming number of Uighurs participated in helping to hunt down terrorists. This is just one more crackdown and it should not be overly brutal by any means. But to say it's a "war on Islam"? C'mon. The Chinese government is nothing if not pragmatic. Declaring war on a religion is anything but. So I say to our Pakistani friends, don't buy into the bullcrap. :pakistan::china:

Our Uighur brothers and sisters are suffering inhuman oppression and repression under the occupation of these communist monkeys. May Allah (swt) free them from their oppression and strengthen their iman ,ameen.

Don't believe the BS being pedaled by the West and people on their payroll (Rebiya Kadeer). One only need look at the rise in living standards and increased prosperity in Western China, versus even a decade ago to see that this is not true.

if we wanted to get a few dozen AKs into China we could.
point is we aren't training or arming them, yet.

and why do you keep bringing up U.S gun ownership? I don't see the relevance.

You tried that in the late 50s with Tibetan rebels and look how well that turned out. It only ended up harming the people you intended to "help" but it was never about helping Tibetans was it?

Luntai County,

Population (2010 Census): 116,166
Area (km²): 14,185 (about 2-3K bigger than Qatar)
Density (/km²): 8.18

given that its in Xinjiang, obviously a terrorist attack in the troubled area

hope the culprits are nabbed

Back
Top Bottom