What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

You misunderstand what I mean."no culture" means you have not knowledge to do something.No battery and battery run out of power is same in chinese.i dont say tool is cultured,but using with experience,give it the anima.driving car and giving ang pao make nosense for me.but it doesnt interfere with you doing it.give ang pao eat niaogao dont depend on your view.depend on weather its "active"and accepting by most people.obviously its chinese cultured.about factory,there is inheritance relations just as giving ang bao for celebrating chinese new year.Satelites is a tool just as car.

Yes I know what "no culture" mean back in mainland, thats why I laugh every time I heard someone mention it out loud, and I always wonder why we cant say "lack knowledge" to describe someone who is lacking a certain knowledge instead of "no culture".

So your point is what makes something as a culture is not depend on the person who practicing it, but rather depend on the view of the others? Well I disagree to this because I think only the person who is practicing it can decide how he/she view it as a culture or as a skill/tool, other people views on the same thing only reflect what those people think about it for themselves, though to determine a culture is still active or not is depending on how many people view such a thing as a culture rather than a skill/tool.

my mistake.for me,there are not many difference between tools and knowledge.of cause,i am not god,i cannot say i am right.it is just my understanding.i dont know much about HANFU,so what is it?may i say its heritage of chinese culture?should we need it to affect our modern lives?

If you are interesting in HanFu then you can visit HanFu baidu tieba and search more info about it, because I cant explain too much about HanFu with english alone. All I can tell you is HanFu is one of the oldest form of clothing style ever produced by mankind. HanFu history stretches back for more than 4000 years ago, and has been wore by chinese from Xia to Ming dynasty. It was lost during manchu Qing because chinese were force to abandon this beautiful clothing style at the cost of their life, and only in last decade it was being slowly revived back into chinese society. And yeah its 100% chinese heritage, dont worry.

Please read all the "JingPin"(精品) threads in the HanFu tieba forum before posting any questions and comments because these "JingPin" threads is essential for you to understand HanFu. After read all "JingPin" threads, which is quite a lot and can take a day or two, you can freely join in the forum discussion. Hope you can patiently read all the "JingPin" threads, because it contains most of the info we pour our blood and sweat to gather, especially those threads the previous mod(前吧主) post.

Hope you will love HanFu and support HanFu revival, and hope you will also love the other Han traditional cultures and support them as well. :cheers:
Oh in case you never saw a MV dedicated to HanFu revival movement, go search and watch it. The MV named as 重回漢唐(Back to Han and Tang China) by Sun Yi. There are some fans created version so please pay attention to which version you are watching.

Wrong. Manchu Bannermen were forced by the Qing Emperor to call themselves slaves (nucai) to the Emperor, while Han officials called themselves "your minister". The Qing Emperor regarded all Manchu bannermen as his personal slaves.

Wait, there are a whole Han eight banners "dedicated" for surrendered or enslaved Han Chinese, and because of Han Chinese population > manchu population, there are more Han bannermen than manchu bannermen. I am pretty sure there are lots of Han bannermen that have to call themselves "nucai" though.

Wait, there are a whole Han eight banners "dedicated" for surrendered or enslaved Han Chinese, and because of Han Chinese population > manchu population, there are more Han bannermen than manchu bannermen. I am pretty sure there are lots of Han bannermen that have to call themselves "nucai" though.

Those Eight banners were actually not captured or surrendered, alot of them were Han who escaped and defected from the Ming of their own free will and joined the Qing state before Shanhai pass fell.

The Qing Emperor really treated the Manchu bannermen like his personal slaves, as he considered them. Only the Bannermen were required to turn their daughters over to the Emperor to become his concubines but he didn't do that to the general Han population. When the Qing Emperor decided to segregate the Banners in Beijing from the general Han population, he did not say Banners were superior people. In his explanation, he said the Banners were harrasing civilians and he separated them for the civilian's safety. The banners (qi) were considered military while the general Han population were considered civilian (min), and those were the official distinctions between the, in Qing law.

Several Vietnamese dynasties were founded by Chinese, would you agree to call them Chinese and not Vietnamese? If you do then China never fell to the Mongols because the Chinese Tran dynasty defeated the Mongols st Bach Dang river in 1288.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...moro-independence-philippi-3.html#post4620918

Yes I know what "no culture" mean back in mainland, thats why I laugh every time I heard someone mention it out loud, and I always wonder why we cant say "lack knowledge" to describe someone who is lacking a certain knowledge instead of "no culture".
you could laugh me,dont laugh others.no one say you cannot say.
So your point is what makes something as a culture is not depend on the person who practicing it, but rather depend on the view of the others?
no,its your logic.
If you are interesting in HanFu then you can visit HanFu baidu tieba and search more info about it
a joke.
Hope you will love HanFu and support HanFu revival, and hope you will also love the other Han traditional cultures and support them as well.
Oh in case you never saw a MV dedicated to HanFu revival movement, go search and watch it. The MV named as 重回漢唐(Back to Han and Tang China) by Sun Yi. There are some fans created version so please pay attention to which version you are watching.
yes,there wont be cars after 1000 years,some people will ask for it by intreesting.

Those Eight banners were actually not captured or surrendered, alot of them were Han who escaped and defected from the Ming of their own free will and joined the Qing state before Shanhai pass fell.

The Qing Emperor really treated the Manchu bannermen like his personal slaves, as he considered them. Only the Bannermen were required to turn their daughters over to the Emperor to become his concubines but he didn't do that to the general Han population. When the Qing Emperor decided to segregate the Banners in Beijing from the general Han population, he did not say Banners were superior people. In his explanation, he said the Banners were harrasing civilians and he separated them for the civilian's safety. The banners (qi) were considered military while the general Han population were considered civilian (min), and those were the official distinctions between the, in Qing law.

Several Vietnamese dynasties were founded by Chinese, would you agree to call them Chinese and not Vietnamese? If you do then China never fell to the Mongols because the Chinese Tran dynasty defeated the Mongols st Bach Dang river in 1288.

If I did not remember wrong, there are alot Han in the north east being enslaved by the manchus during nurhachi period and work as slaves. They also serve as the 1st ever Han banner soldiers for the manchus, later join in by those defected and surrendered Han, and the Han banner slowly expand from one to eight. Even after the so call dissolution of Han banners, there are still quite alot of Han remain in the eight banners.

I always call them chinese(ethnicity) vietnamese(nationality). Come on we have russian(ethnicity) chinese(nationality) and chinese(ethnicity) american(nationality) these days, so I dont find these vietnam dynasty founders really that hard to classified.

you could laugh me,dont laugh others.no one say you cannot say.

I dont laugh at those people or you or anybody, I just laugh at the fact that how the hell "no culture" turn into something like this. Of course I cant forbid the others use "no culture" to describe someone lacks knowledge, they can use "no culture" however they want, just like I cant forbid someone pointing a donkey and call it a horse.

no,its your logic.

Nope thats not my logic, my logic are posted after I throw out this guesswork sentence. I cant really understand much from your previous post because my english is not too good, thats why I ask if that is your point so that I can verify wheter I get your point right or not.

Huh? But anyway if you interested in HanFu you should go check out info at that forum personally.

yes,there wont be cars after 1000 years,some people will ask for it by intreesting.

I am not really sure whether cars will disappear 1000 years later because I am not fortune teller, but I do know that even cars replace horses as human most common transportation tool, horses and horseback riding still remain in our todays society as an important culture and cultural symbol, so I think even in future there has to be some culture(s) related to cars and car driving, even at that time they lose their usage as a tool, some may still found cultural values from them.

If I did not remember wrong, there are alot Han in the north east being enslaved by the manchus during nurhachi period and work as slaves. They also serve as the 1st ever Han banner soldiers for the manchus, later join in by those defected and surrendered Han, and the Han banner slowly expand from one to eight. Even after the so call dissolution of Han banners, there are still quite alot of Han remain in the eight banners.

I always call them chinese(ethnicity) vietnamese(nationality). Come on we have russian(ethnicity) chinese(nationality) and chinese(ethnicity) american(nationality) these days, so I dont find these vietnam dynasty founders really that hard to classified.

Banner slaves are called booi aha, you are confusing them with actual bannermen. Those booi aha included Jurchen, Korean, Mongolian. and Han slaves taken during warfare. The Jurchen enslaved other Jurchen they took as prisoners in tribal warfare too. Those Booi aha were assigned as slaves to the Manchu Banners. The Manchus then took Han defectors as members of the banners and then created the separate Han eight banners after the population of Han defectors swelled.

The Manchu Way: The Eight Banners and Ethnic Identity in Late Imperial China - Mark C. Elliott - Google Books

The Manchu Way: The Eight Banners and Ethnic Identity in Late Imperial China - Mark C. Elliott - Google Books

BBC News - Xinjiang violence: Two sentenced to death in China

Two men have been sentenced to death and three more jailed over a clash in China's far-west Xinjiang region that left 21 people dead.

The incident happened on 23 April in a town in Kashgar prefecture. Fifteen officials or security personnel were among those killed.

China said it was a planned attack by a "violent terrorist group".

But other accounts dispute this, attributing the confrontation to ethnic tensions in the restive region.

Xinjiang is home to the Muslim Uighur minority, who make up about 45% of the region's population but say an influx of Han Chinese residents has marginalised their traditional culture.

The authorities often blame violent incidents in Xinjiang on Uighur extremists seeking autonomy for the region.

Uighur activists, meanwhile, accuse Beijing of over-exaggerating the threat to justify heavy-handed rule.

Verifying reports from Xinjiang is difficult.

While foreign journalists are allowed to travel to the region, they frequently face intimidation and harassment when attempting to verify news of ethnic rioting or organised violence against government authorities.

The BBC team that visited the site of the incident to try to clarify details were taken by police to a government compound and subsequently ordered to leave.

'Religious extremism'

The two men sentenced to death by Kashgar's Intermediate People's Court on murder and terrorism charges were named in state media as Musa Hesen, the co-founder of the "terrorist group", and Rehman Hupur.

Three other men were jailed for terms ranging from nine years to life.

The group had been "carrying out illegal religious activities (and) promoting religious extremism", Xinhua news agency reported, citing a court statement. They had also "made 10 explosive devices and carried out explosive tests", it said.

The violence was sparked when three officials saw suspicious behaviour at a house, Chinese reports say.

Residents seized the officials and several more police who came to the scene, many of whom burned to death when the house was set on fire. Security personnel shot six suspects, Chinese reports say.

But a group of local people in Selibuya town, where the clashes happened, told the BBC that the violence involved a local family who had a long-standing dispute with officials who wanted the men to shave their beards and the women to stop wearing full veils.

A spokesperson for the World Uighur Congress, an umbrella organisation of Uighur groups, also disputed the government's version, saying the clashes were a result of a government clean-up campaign.

The incident comes amid rumbling ethnic tensions between the Muslim Uighur and Han Chinese communities.

In 2009 almost 200 people - mostly Han Chinese - were killed in deadly rioting in Xinjiang's capital, Urumqi.

There have been sporadic eruptions of violence since then - in June 2013, 35 people were killed in rioting in the township of Lukqun, about 200km (120 miles) south-east of Urumqi.

How does a man having a full beard and a woman wearing a full veil become a traitor to their country ?

And then Pakistanis call us as anti-Islamic. :hitwall:

Who cares what Pakistanis think of us. I posed the same question in the France thread some time ago. My point being that a country should be bold enough to either ban a religion or allow its supporters the freedom to express themselves according to their religious beliefs without harassing them. Doing otherwise is just plain torture of their own people

21x victims died, only sentence 2x murders to death. WTF in XinJiang ? WTF in China ?
Unfair judgment like this, just encourage other violences to happen in XinJiang, they know u r COWARD !
Stupid enough.

Xinjiang is home to the Muslim Uighur minority, who make up about 45% of the region's population but say an influx of Han Chinese residents has marginalised their traditional culture.

This is a lie. Almost all Han people in Xinjiang live in Dzungharia and not the Tarim Basin. Uyghurs in Dzungharia are also recent migrants. The influx isn't marginalising their culture, other forces like modernization and development are.

How does a man having a full beard and a woman wearing a full veil become a traitor to their country ?

Lots of Uyghur men in Xinjiang have beards and have no problems with the authorities. Tourists go there and take pictures of the,, go look up "uyghur man" on google images.

lel, if this was in France this thread would be 10+ pages long full of condemnation from stupider members of this forum. Bunch of bough out hypocrites lol.....

Back
Top Bottom