What's new

Xi to Abe, $35 billion is peanuts

Its true , heads of most american giants will meet Modi . though i really hope Pepsi and coke stays out

I don't know whether there is pun intended in your post or not, but I gotta ask, don't you guys already have Pepsi and Coke?

Where is this possible half a trillion US investment coming from? I never heard of such a thing.

Pure rumour, that too based off a random youtube video grab of a Pakistani channel. So it is best not take it too seriously.

Here.

Okay maybe there is some other source from the guy in the video bases this off, not sure about that.

Business wise I see India and China doing great in future may be better than America. Now when it comes to defence then India will be remain neutral until someone puts our interests in danger, whichever side it is.
Personally I would want to see a great ties with China(and hopeful under current govt) as we'll not only be partners but neighbours too and no one wants a powerful country as it's enemy just next door, Neither China and definitely not India. Just my 2 cents.

Not even the most hawkish Indian lobbies want a confrontation with China. Even if we were equal to China in spending, modernization and other things, we won't want a conflict with them. Why? Because there is simply no ideological ground for enmity unlike our western borders where the problem is not one country but one ideology.

But both sides must understand that peace and partnership have to happen in a cordial and non-aggressive environment.

Sunday Tribune of india and written by MADHAV NALAPAT; that says it all about news and thread. But it would be interesting to see how far Xi and China wants to be exploited by indian double face game plan.

Last edited:
Sunday Tribune of india and written by MADHAV NALAPAT; that says it all about news and thread. But it would be interesting to see how far Xi and China wants to be exploited by indian double face game plan.

I wouldn't say China will be exploited. It's more of an investment for us into an emerging market with a population that is comparable to us. There are huge potentials and margins for growth between the two nations alone. It would be idiotic for the two nations not to have strong economic ties.

I wouldn't say China will be exploited. It's more of an investment for us into an emerging market with a population that is comparable to us. There are huge potentials and margins for growth between the two nations alone. It would be idiotic for the two nations not to have strong economic ties.

beyond surface "investment" benefit one can not ignore underline geo political game riding these investments. Specially, if amount mentioned said to be true, are not without some level of strategic understanding and expectations. And that is where exploitation and double face comes into play. At the end, China knows its own good and let it be.

Last edited:
beyond surface "investment" benefit one can not ignore underline geo political game riding these investments. Specially, if amount mentioned said to be true, are not without some level of strategic understand and expectations. And that is where exploitation and double face comes into play. At the end, China knows its own good and let it be.

Most things are interconnected these days. One day you see China knocking on the door and the next the other way around.

This is another great opportunity for the two nations to build trust and further our economic ties. It is also a great opportunity for China to flex it's financial muscle on the world stage, teasing Japan and the US. They can either match, top China's investments or fall behind in this game of chess.

It says a lot about a country when the top three economies are willing to pour in billions into its country. I am sure this will be viewed positively by potential global investors and India should approach every deal caustiously to ensure investors confidence and to stay in this game.

beyond surface "investment" benefit one can not ignore underline geo political game riding these investments. Specially, if amount mentioned said to be true, are not without some level of strategic understanding and expectations. And that is where exploitation and double face comes into play. At the end, China knows its own good and let it be.

The 100 billion dollar investment figure has already been disputed by the Chinese media. According to Chinese media reports China is willing to invest more in India in the coming years, but there is no commitment of any specified figure. Besides, India is a very difficult place to invest to begin with (red tape, corruption, bad infrastructure,etc)

Will Indians beg for nuclear fuel from China as well like they've been doing so for years from the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, etc.?

Sorry we dont know the meaning of that word....:D:D

They're questionable remarks.

investment =//= trade. China should trade with India, selling industrial goods and buying raw materials as it has been doing, but not investment.

investments, particularly long-term investments such as infras, require stable political/economical environments, mutual trust(at least non-hostile attitude), reliable legal framework and govt policies, and some basic level business ethics, - none of which India has. What investment? Both India's sovereign and corporate investment bonds are rated "junk" statue on the world stage. "Junk" means completely unreliable on not only coupons ('profit") but also initial principle investments. it would be truely idiotic for China invest any long term projects in India, let alone in turn-key sector and other sensitive infras.

Most things are interconnected these days. One day you see China knocking on the door and the next the other way around.

Instead I would worry about those unstoppable Indian refugees knocking on China's door in their millions once "India" turns into complete chaos due to 1. economic disaster, 2. mad ideological/religious civil war, and 3. demographic disaster.

This is another great opportunity for the two nations to build trust and further our economic ties. It is also a great opportunity for China to flex it's financial muscle on the world stage, teasing Japan and the US. They can either match, top China's investments or fall behind in this game of chess.

It says a lot about a country when the top three economies are willing to pour in billions into its country. I am sure this will be viewed positively by potential global investors and India should approach every deal caustiously to ensure investors confidence and to stay in this game.

??? are you all right, mate? :lol:

for the start, there has been minimum level of so called "US and Japanese investments in India" for decades. Both US and Japan has had ultra strong motivations to invest in India instead oif China. For the US, it's more about to counter-weight China geopolitically, whereas for Japan it's more about to diversify its portfolio given "Diao-Yu Isaland" and wider national issues.

Now, where are US and Japanese investments in India?

They are close to meaningless.

This is because they all clearly know after they tried that India is actually an "investment death trap". Had India been a slightly less than that , you would have seen American, European (specially UK - India's old master, and Germany) and Japanese investment tsunami in India for ages.

What's happend? you see most of them either go to China or SE Asia instead. US and Euro "investments" in India are mostly hot money into Mumbai stock exchange making some quick bucks.

Most known big foreign commercial investors in India are having big headaches, either wanting out or being forced out before being raped by Indian legal, bureaucratic or political systems for multi-millions $ lawsuits. have you ever heard about the last outcries of big UK farma firms in India ? Nokia in India? Wall-mart in India? careerfour in India? ... :rofl:

Japan wanna invest in India? Don't kidding yourself. Just look at size of Japan's interests-dued on its national debt for god's sake. Japan ís even begging for investment into itself right now and it wants to invest in India? Abe is selling hotair to Modi, taking him as a fool. If Xi blindly jumps in with much bigger hard-earned savings, then Xi would become the biggest fool of all three.

investments in India, particularly long-term infras projects = donations to India

India has no money to pay you, mind you.

Most of the time, you take your own banks to finance your entire investments, take all of your related technologies (prepare to transfer them to India meanwhile) , and your experienced workforce, to do entire projects for India for free, in the delusional hope that India would try to pay you back your initial investment in the next 10, 20, 30, or 40 years, let alone "profits". Even India's defence global tenders are more or less in the same line. Those are Indian govt commitments, imagine what commecial ones would be like.

Meantime, anything, a corrupted Indian official, unfair kickback fees, lack of electricity, an enviromental complain from local NGO, a guy from tax bureau, a pro-longed lawsuit for your "treatment of workers", an investgation into your "unfair" commecial practices such as "dumping" even "spying" activities, ... anything that Indians can think of in the next 10, 20, or 30 years during your investment period, will let you loss both your shirt, and your pant, guaranteed, to essentially make you do all the work for free AND at loss in the end.

You are too green and too inexperienced to know this. The entire society of India is jam-packed with crooks and cheats. Just ask anyone who has some commecial experiences with Indians in India. Some of my friends have. Forget about fantasies of making profits from Indians, just ask them about their basic business ethics :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom