What's new

Xi Jinping Gets Mocked Going After New Zealand on Food Safety

Didn't you know they have a whole department in the media mainly to search Chinese social media user opinion and exaggerate about it? Talking about desperation. The next time Xi fart, I bet there will be massive news on all US major media. LOL

and the many quotations they get from weibos criticising Xi and some of the other officials are used for constructing their own news and on China's poor governance and lack of freedom of expression!

WTF!

Face to face? There is protection in anonymity. But for true honesty, can Xi Jinping or any other Party leaders stand criticisms face to face from an individual citizen?

Everyone criticise the CPC leaders on social media (whether its corruption, land usage, pollution, not spending enough on military, etc), just not allowed to say very sensitive things to our country related to toppling the CPC. This is why things relating to toppling the CPC like 1989 protests, democracy and other CPC toppling or activities relating to social instability is censored.

But VPN makes it very easy to get around them. And code words are used to get around the censors.

For example, if we are talking about a certain CPC leader and corruption, we give them a special nickname like say a name of an animal or something like that. So everyone knows who we are talking about when we refer to the name of the animal when discussing the particular CPC leader.

Chinese netizens are very smart, the CPC is like an overprotecting father protecting her people. Why? Because instability and foreign imperialism destroyed China in the past and they don't want it to happen again. So they take extra precautions.

But once the CPC is satisfied that things are ok to give more leeway, then they release their controls. Just like a father that has to eventually stop controlling his children as they grow up. Once the CPC is satisfied that China is stable they will release a lot of the controls as they have done over the past 30 years. But only once they are happy and it will happen gradually. Just like an overprotective father will let go of control eventually.

The CPC is the only leadership in 500 years that has given China prosperity so the VAST MAJORITY of the people are happy with CPC in control. China is growing strong as a nation and the living standards of the people are improving. So why change something that is working well?

CPC is not perfect but you take the good with the bad and hope they minimise the negatives of the CPC.

A stable China is a strong China.
An unstable China is a weak China.

Weibo verify ID with our ID card number, it's importance is just like SSN in US.

Every verified Weibo user has a 80 credit points record(maybe 60, I cant remember), rumors or "out-of-line" comments associated with political sensitive, or better to say CPC security will lead to credit points reduction. Once your points is below 40, you will be banned and can't speak to the public.

BTW, Weibo has a sensitive word recognition system. Some specific word are pre-defined as sensitive, we can't input such word.

Actually, we can post political comments to rather freely more than you thought, but don;t be too straightly against CPC, nobody will really waste time catch you...:china:

Thanks for the info. Just to understand it better, this also means one can't speak to the public unless the user submits ID number to Weibo and get it verified, because sufficient points won't be available without getting verified.
And what happens if some user's points go below 40? Is it a lifetime ban, or there is some process to lift the ban at some point?

I think Weibo is like Facebook, or is it? What else you have in China as substitutes for services like Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, etc.? Can you give me the links so that I can check them?

One more thing, are foreign websites like defence.pk also monitored in some manner?

Thanks for the info. Just to understand it better, this also means one can't speak to the public unless the user submits ID number to Weibo and get it verified, because sufficient points won't be available without getting verified.
Actually, I can speak to public even without verification, but my weibo account will be limited to some functions or services, but not such important functions. It depends on your preference, if you just want to get some news or useful info, you can skip the verification step.

And what happens if some user's points go below 40? Is it a lifetime ban, or there is some process to lift the ban at some point?
It's not lifetime ban. If under 60, I won't have new followers, if under 40, my comment will automatically be concealed from public visual.... However, if I don't have any credit reduction within 60 days, my credits will be recovered to original level. I can post as before.

I think Weibo is like Facebook, or is it? What else you have in China as substitutes for services like Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, etc.? Can you give me the links so that I can check them
Renren and Kaixin are like Facebook. http://www.renren.com and http://www.kaixin001.com/
Baidu is like Google. http://www.baidu.com/ Baidu is a Nasdaq traded company and most popular search engine among Chinese.
Weibo is like Twitter. weibo.com
We can use LinkedIn in China.

One more thing, are foreign websites like defence.pk also monitored in some manner?
No.....:coffee:

Last edited:
Everyone criticise the CPC leaders on social media (whether its corruption, land usage, pollution, not spending enough on military, etc), just not allowed to say very sensitive things to our country related to toppling the CPC. This is why things relating to toppling the CPC like 1989 protests, democracy and other CPC toppling or activities relating to social instability is censored.

But VPN makes it very easy to get around them. And code words are used to get around the censors.

For example, if we are talking about a certain CPC leader and corruption, we give them a special nickname like say a name of an animal or something like that. So everyone knows who we are talking about when we refer to the name of the animal when discussing the particular CPC leader.
Conservative Americans called Bill Clinton all sorts of names, in print and on TV with their real life IDs, when Clinton was under investigation for sexual improprieties.

Liberal Americans called B43 all sorts of names, in print and on TV with their real life IDs, when Bush was under fire for his Iraq policies.

America did not fall apart.

When Chinese citizens have to hide themselves behind technical masks for personal protection from the Party, that mean they have no voice. But then again, you never had a voice in selecting your leaders anyway, so why should a voice, with your real life IDs, matter when it comes to policies enacted by the Party?

But once the CPC is satisfied that things are ok to give more leeway, then they release their controls. Just like a father that has to eventually stop controlling his children as they grow up. Once the CPC is satisfied that China is stable they will release a lot of the controls as they have done over the past 30 years. But only once they are happy and it will happen gradually. Just like an overprotective father will let go of control eventually.
If you are satisfied with the belief that you deserve condescension and paternalism from your leaders...

Conservative Americans called Bill Clinton all sorts of names, in print and on TV with their real life IDs, when Clinton was under investigation for sexual improprieties.

Liberal Americans called B43 all sorts of names, in print and on TV with their real life IDs, when Bush was under fire for his Iraq policies.

America did not fall apart.

When Chinese citizens have to hide themselves behind technical masks for personal protection from the Party, that mean they have no voice. But then again, you never had a voice in selecting your leaders anyway, so why should a voice, with your real life IDs, matter when it comes to policies enacted by the Party?

If you are satisfied with the belief that you deserve condescension and paternalism from your leaders...

You are wasting our time here
The answer is simple
There is only one super warmonger and hegemony in the world - usa - it is also most vicious, many times wicked
Either you are with it or not with it
If you are not with it, the small sized countries have already been doomed or in great destruction
If you are medium sized and backed by other powers, you will be sanctioned and they are trying hard to find their own breath while being strangled
If you are reasonably strong but not as strong, you will find ways to maintain the balance and always be alert to infiltration on every level by the warmongers through channels like the media!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom