What's new

Would Jinnah have lived as a Shia?

I read that Jinnah changed his sect to more acceptable sect of Shia Islam to be accepted among Muslim masses.

And the main issue is that we in Pakistan are faced with foreign funds and political usage of our communities both Shia and Sunni Muslims.

At the cost of stepping out of line I'd say that the main issue in Pak is absence of internal religious cohesion which leaves a window open for religious fundamentals to step in & impose their agenda.

Anyone who pays will extract his pound of flesh there are after all no free lunches in the political & economic world.

At the cost of stepping out of line I'd say that the main issue in Pak is absence of internal religious cohesion which leaves a window open for religious fundamentals to step in & impose their agenda.

Anyone who pays will extract his pound of flesh there are after all no free lunches in the political & economic world.

It was internal religious cohesion which was destroyed by internal vested elements supported by foreign elements

I read that Jinnah changed his sect to more acceptable sect of Shia Islam to be accepted among Muslim masses.

He was Beyond sects even beyond any religious agenda.

A great Man

Another nonsense thread..

While I have nothing against the Shia...I have faced a lot of nuisance with the Shia and they are at-least responsible in part to incite violence against themselves. Shia clergy needs to reform and abandon offensive remarks and gestures against the majority or else face total annihilation.

We Pakistanis observed what Iraiq population gained or lost after splitting into shia and Sunni groups and fighting with each other. US soldiers did not ask shia or sunny question when they humiliated Iraqi nation in Abu Gharib.

So **** OFF indian, you have tried bengali card you succeeded, then Indra boasted of similar success in Sind and india tries every thing to use Sindi Card, then you used Muhajir card, then you used Balouchi card and now you are on the Shia-Sunni card.

This Shia vs Sunni conflict.. is this recent phenomenon in pakistan or has been there ever since the creation of Pakistan? The way things are at the moment with regard to the sectarian conflicts.. seems like things were much better & peaceful back in the days. Injection of religious sentiments to the day to day politics has chaged the society for the worse...atleat that's what it looks like!!
Its a very recent one, comes from the middle east, i have never seen it before, its a very recent one and runs deep in terrorists organizations like ttp and bla

A very thought provoking question and the reason why I emphasize that Secularism is the way forward.

Why do Pakistan need Foreign way when they have their very own unique culture Sufiesm? Secularism is based on Sufiesm. Bring Sufiesm back & kick Bollywoodism & Wahabiesm from Pakistan.

Sufism is a myth TBH. You just have sufi influenced Sunni. Not a Sufi.

Does it matter? sunni or shia, he would still be considered a Muslim

Not my 40% according to a recent PEW poll.

This Shia vs Sunni conflict.. is this recent phenomenon in pakistan or has been there ever since the creation of Pakistan?

It has been there ever since the creation of Islam.

3 Great leaders of Pakistan were Muslims from different sect, Quaid e Azam (R.A) Shia Muslim, Allama Mohd Iqbal Sunni Sufi Muslim & Sir Aga Khan Ismaili Muslim. It is clear that it is foreign sponsered terrorists who want to play games to harm Pakistan. We common Pakistanis feel equal pain for our brother Pakistani no matter what ethnic/sect/religion he/she belongs to.

We Pakistanis observed what Iraiq population gained or lost after splitting into shia and Sunni groups and fighting with each other. US soldiers did not ask shia or sunny question when they humiliated Iraqi nation in Abu Gharib.

So **** OFF indian, you have tried bengali card you succeeded, then Indra boasted of similar success in Sind and india tries every thing to use Sindi Card, then you used Muhajir card, then you used Balouchi card and now you are on the Shia-Sunni card.

While I have nothing against the Shia...I have faced a lot of nuisance with the Shia and they are at-least responsible in part to incite violence against themselves. Shia clergy needs to reform and abandon offensive remarks and gestures against the majority or else face total annihilation.

If its not the Shia clergy, its India. The poor innocent baby pakistanis are always under attack and must do something - anything to protect themselves.

Of late the entire Muslim world is erupting. Though Pakistan has always had sectarian violence, it has never come anywhere close to blows that we have seen elsewhere.

By not taking Shia-killings seriously we do Pakistan a great disservice. We have already seen great powers picking sides and each side being armed to blow the other up. People are sharpening their swords for Pakistan. Lets recognize the hopelessness of divisions caused over sectarianism and recognize the need to identify yourself as an equal Pakistani to all the rest.

You can't generalize the whole nation. What you think when Grand Shia Clergy order the shia of all over the world ' it harm to curse or use insulting lingo against any Sahaba ' ....well if somone is doing wrongful act , then that particular individual is responsible of his act. Do you think I being a shia should be punished by a wrongful act of someone else, even I openly condemn those speakers who who use profane language against any Muslim sect icons . (These speakers are not alim, they don't have any religious decree....).......Do you think it was right when Burmese Bhudidist religious leaders order the tribes to kill Muslims, because Taliban destroy the religious icons in Bamian province in Afghanistan.....??????..

Sufiesm is a culture of Pakistan, you can be a Sunni Sufi or Shia Sufi, doesn't matters.
The true Sufis are the dancing singing ones. As I said Sufism is a myth/extinct. Yeah you do have a Sufi influened Sunni culture.

Back
Top Bottom