Wadala-Chembur Section

4489418178_a4e0563115_b.jpg

Pic:Trial run of monorail

Phase -I to be completed by 2010-end

Mumbai Metro Phase-I Construction in Full Swing

Metro Coaches arrives in the city

331278d1271486553t-mumbai-metro-rail-scoop-pics-mumbai-metro-6-.jpg

331279d1271486553t-mumbai-metro-rail-scoop-pics-mumbai-metro-9-.jpg

Mumbai Metro is yet to start operations.

Phase-I was to be completed by Aug-2010 but pushed back to 2010 end.

but, i last saw it working in national geographic channel program megacities mumbai episode.. which indian city has the present working metro??

but, i last saw it working in national geographic channel program megacities mumbai episode.. which indian city has the present working metro??

It could be Delhi Metro yara

or Kolkatta metor?

That's Delhi Metro.Kolkata was the first one to have.Right now metro projects are in various stages of implementation in different cities.

Delhi metro

Last edited:
.. which indian city has the present working metro??

I guess the one they showed in NatGeo was Delhi Metro.

Mumbai is just trying to catch up with Delhi. Whatever said and done, nothing beats the awesomeness of NCR/Delhi.

Best and Worst Place to Visit
by Kyle Arbaugh

Traveling is an important part of our society. It is important for people to explore the world and learn about differnt cultures. How ever it is important to be thrifty as to where you go, not everywhere is nirvana.

Worst Place to Visit: Mumbai, Maharashtra – India

dharavi-industry-615.jpg

The traffic never stops and the honking horns are continuous. However, noise is not the problem. People crowd into alleys and mazes of roads. One might draw a connection between Mumbai and New York City. But New York City is Nirvana compared to this city. As many as 20,000 people will crowd into a single acre of land. 60% of Mumbai’s population of 13 million is made up of slum dwellers, which nearly equates to 8 million slum dwellers. Although I have listened Mumbai as the worst place in the world to visit, I encourage you to go and see how the people there live. Before you start to complain about your small apartment try sharing a 300 square foot dwelling with a dozen other people. Mumbai came to be two centuries ago when mangrove swamp began to fill with leaves, dead fish, and human and animal waste products. When the fisherman moved out room became available for others to live. Only recently did water become available to the dwellers. Many have tapped into a water supply by the means of DIY. This slum resembles the spiritual values of an inner Harlem and visually resembles that of Mexico’s Neza-Chalco-Itza barrio slum. If you do travel to Mumbai please take caution as to what you eat and drink. If possible, bring an entourage of doctors and medical marvels.

Best Place to Visit: Florence, Tuscany – Italy

Keep reading at:
Best and Worst Place to Visit | Trifter

by Kyle Arbaugh

Traveling is an important part of our society. It is important for people to explore the world and learn about differnt cultures. How ever it is important to be thrifty as to where you go, not everywhere is nirvana.

dharavi-industry-615.jpg

The traffic never stops and the honking horns are continuous. However, noise is not the problem. People crowd into alleys and mazes of roads. One might draw a connection between Mumbai and New York City. But New York City is Nirvana compared to this city. As many as 20,000 people will crowd into a single acre of land. 60% of Mumbai’s population of 13 million is made up of slum dwellers, which nearly equates to 8 million slum dwellers. Although I have listened Mumbai as the worst place in the world to visit, I encourage you to go and see how the people there live. Before you start to complain about your small apartment try sharing a 300 square foot dwelling with a dozen other people. Mumbai came to be two centuries ago when mangrove swamp began to fill with leaves, dead fish, and human and animal waste products. When the fisherman moved out room became available for others to live. Only recently did water become available to the dwellers. Many have tapped into a water supply by the means of DIY. This slum resembles the spiritual values of an inner Harlem and visually resembles that of Mexico’s Neza-Chalco-Itza barrio slum. If you do travel to Mumbai please take caution as to what you eat and drink. If possible, bring an entourage of doctors and medical marvels.

Keep reading at:

Omar yaar please don't spoil the thread...................... they are cheering up let them be happy :agree:

btw i am stunned to see these pictures. I can't remember any this kind of slum area in Pakistan. Thats indeed is very poor

I feel sorry for the peoples and hope indian government do start some good projects to take care of these peoples :cry:

by Kyle Arbaugh

dharavi-industry-615.jpg

Keep reading at:

Omar,

If you are going to post something anti-India, at least make sure that the material is credible.

Who the hell is Kyle Arbaugh? Posting such random non-sense with no credibility only shows how desperate you are to defame India.

Back
Top Bottom