What's new

World's Greatest City: 50 reasons Mumbai is No. 1

Great city , I hope to pass by provided my passport is not taken from me :rolleyes:

Won't be the #1 city but i am sure its one of the most unique places to live and grow up

City looks good that terrace picture looks awesome probbly the billionare group goes to eat there with Priyankas and others...

I will probbly be ok to try the spicy crab thing ...

Great city , I hope to pass by provided my passport is not taken from me :rolleyes:

Won't be the #1 city but i am sure its one of the most unique places to live and grow up

City looks good that terrace picture looks awesome probbly the billionare group goes to eat there with Priyankas and others...

I will probbly be ok to try the spicy crab thing ...

Don't worry as long as you don't come by a dingy from Karachi and don't do an Ayesha act, nobody will take away the prized possession of your passport... ;)

Bandra Worli Sea Link

marshall2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry as long as you don't come by a dingy from Karachi and don't do an Ayesha act, nobody will take away the priced possession of your passport... ;)

so he can come to mumbai via dingy, your so called navy, whats the use of it, its fine you have told us, mumbai is still vulnerable :rofl::rofl:

btw, ajad pakistan rightly has concerns, because, when a pakistani goes there, he is captured and his corpse is returned as a good will wish by the indians, not a great form of hospitality you should change this tradition of yours :rofl:

so he can come to mumbai via dingy, your so called navy, whats the use of it, its fine you have told us, mumbai is still vulnerable :rofl::rofl:

btw, ajad pakistan rightly has concerns, because, when a pakistani goes there, he is captured and his corpse is returned as a good will wish by the indians, not a great form of hospitality you should change this tradition of yours :rofl:

Take it light... It was just for fun... But if somebody wants to finish his life at high seas he is more than welcome to try their luck with Indian Navy this time...

You are more than welcome to any part of India with a valid visa and via right way. But if you choose to mess with laws of the country then be prepared to face the heat...
Choice is yours and we will show our hospitality based on what you plan to choose... Take care :wave::wave:

SOME MUMBAI PICS

is this really Mumbai??????

may i know more details about this hotel? and how do they cover the roof to protect from rain?

Wonderful achievements in India :yahoo:

I would not agree that Mumbai is the worlds greatest city, but it sure is one of the greatest cities in the world

My vote would go to London / New York

I would not agree that Mumbai is the worlds greatest city, but it sure is one of the greatest cities in the world

My vote would go to London / New York

true........ it can be India's greatest city but there are other cities in the world also. take an example of London where at least 200 different languages are spoken on daily basis. You will find a person residing in London from all parts of the world, you will find all kind of cultures, religions, sport and whatever you can name all in 1 city.

It has a long history, a city of one of the world's biggest museums, parks, severage system, attractive places, channel tunnel and a lot more and not to forget Paris, Rome, New York, Moscow, Shanghai and so many other cities in the world.

Mumbai can be one of the best but not the BEST.

may i know more details about this hotel? and how do they cover the roof to protect from rain?

This is Aer bar could possibly be the best place to enjoy a sunset cocktail in Mumbai, at one of Mumbai's best luxury hotels -- the Four Seasons Worli. The bar's rooftop location on the 34th floor provides panoramic views of the city, and you really will feel like you're on top of the world. If this isn't enticing enough, champagne and cocktails are available for approximately half price from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. each night. And of course, don't forget the music! Enjoy modern Indian lounge music, spun by a DJ. Despite Aer bar's dramatic appearance, the atmosphere there is relaxed and welcoming.

link

View from the top

Mumbai’s newest rooftop bar at the Four Seasons offers a panorama of the city that never sleeps

Parizaad Khan

Aer, Mumbai’s Four Seasons Hotel’s soon-to-be-launched rooftop bar, will function as a showcase for Mumbai. Set 34 storeys above the Maximum City, everything pales in comparison to the view—the Haji Ali mosque, the Bandra-Worli Sealink, and Lower Parel with its modern towers standing alongside old mills, highlighted by twinkling lights.

The bar occupies both halves of the slim building, and is joined by a corridor in the middle. True to Four Seasons standards, the decor is contemporary and minimal. The neon-lit elevated circular bar is very reminiscent of Sirocco, Bangkok’s most famous rooftop bar.
High life: Enjoy this stunning view of Mumbai at Aer from 11 December. Clients will have to climb a flight of stairs flanked by walls fitted with a beautiful pattern of mirrored glass. Like south Mumbai’s other rooftop favourite, Dome at InterContinental, Marine Drive, Aer’s decor is also primarily white. The space is dotted with curvy outdoor chairs padded with soft black cushions. However, the cigarette butt-shaped bar stools are not the best base for an evening. Known names in interior design, from Bob Bilkey, Oscar Llinas and Nozer Wadia to Ritu Nanda and Elsie Nanji, have contributed to the space.
The food and beverage options have been kept simple. Food is a range of 20 hot and cold meze—a selection of primarily Lebanese-style appetizers— out of which 13 are vegetarian or have vegetarian options (we didn’t try any as the kitchen was not operational). Pita is baked fresh on order and the usual suspects, such as tabouleh, baba ganoush and hummus are offered, as well as other favourites such as muhammara and kibbeh. The menu diverts from Lebanese in a few instances—mini cheeseburgers, a veg maki roll tempura and bruschetta.

The desserts seem intriguing. Executive chef Giancarlo di Francesco says each has an alcohol element: pistachio ice cream with kirsch and amarena cherry, rum and raisin ice cream with banana frites, and sorbet with fruit and Grand Mariner.

The few cocktails I sampled weren’t anything out of the ordinary. Horizon featured Absolut vodka muddled with curry leaves and fresh coconut water. The mix, with a hint of lime, was interesting; it’s a drink you would probably order once to explore the flavours, but not again. The shooters (not on the bar menu) were more interesting. Verteligo, the best of the lot, had citrusy freshness with fresh orange juice, Absolut and cranberry juice. Caribbean was a revamped piña colada with coconut syrup instead of milk.

Four Seasons has kept the prices here in the same range as those in its other restaurants. Appetizers range between Rs450 and Rs900. The cocktails are Rs600-650, while champagne cocktails are Rs600 before 8pm and Rs1,100 after. A pint of Kingfisher is Rs250. Aer serves champagne by the glass, starting with Rs1,000 and going up to Rs5,000 for Dom Perignon. Champagne is half-price before 8pm.
Aer will be closed during the rains, as the hotel doesn’t want to cover up the open-air space. It will undoubtedly be one of the best spots in Mumbai to sip champagne and watch the city hum and pulsate down below.

For reservations, call 022-24818900. Reservations only for groups of 10 or more. No cover charge.

View from the top - Insider - livemint.com

Fourseasons-Mumbai

===========================================

And BTW these aren't India's Achievements..:hang2:

Back
Top Bottom